• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

I read it all fascinating, so do you think silver will tag along for the ride when china decides to capitalize on its gold asset? or should we be off loading silver and re-investing back into gold?

Yes, the only time silver hasn't followed gold is when there has been a war.

China won't want to rock the boat though IMO its slowly slowly catch a monkey.

I have both silver and gold, the price ratio is about 70_1 not a good time to off load silver for gold. If you want gold hold silver buy gold. Just keep in mind this is a very long game and gold may go down even more in price before it goes up.

Edited by Pipers

I am not wanting to sell my silver yet any way, that is hopefully a long position.I am just getting into gold and i like it,this is also a long position.

By long i mean fifteen years, i am nearly 52 and i aim to retire at 67.My plan is to sell my bits and bobs in retirement while i am still the full ticket and know what i want for them.

Hells teeth gold is up £11 and the market has only been open a couple of hours, do they know something we don't!!!!

Silver jumped also.

It'll fall again when Europe and the US opens, frequently goes up on Asia/Oceania  trading then drops back during the day.

Or the other way round! :lol:

They seem to delight in reversing what's happened during the night.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

......Or maybe all this newly accessible pension savings is pouring into pms (as if).

Not a ridiculous possibility but too soon yet for this to have happened. How much effect on the world markets some UK folk would have is debateable though.

Not a ridiculous possibility but too soon yet for this to have happened. How much effect on the world markets some UK folk would have is debateable though.

the total effect could be significant. remember it's a double whammy as

pension providers needs firstly to sell assets to raise the cash. should

some of it coincide with the baby boomers retiring, would increase it's

effect. it's not always the raw figures but also sentiment.

HH

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to see if this drop continues...down to £760 would be enough to get me lining up some on-hold purchases, like the RM 2015 Lunar Sheep.

But it could just as likely yo-yo back up to £800 for all I know!

• 2 weeks later...

The non farm payroll results are just in and they are 227K that means unemployment has fallen in the US from 5.5 to 5.4 that means that Yellen and the fed are more likely to put interest rates up in September. IMO Gold and Silver may now weaken in the short to mid term, but I may be wrong.  

The non farm payroll results are just in and they are 227K that means unemployment has fallen in the US from 5.5 to 5.4 that means that Yellen and the fed are more likely to put interest rates up in September. IMO Gold and Silver may now weaken in the short to mid term, but I may be wrong.  

Are you naturally a PM bear or is it just wishful thinking? ;)

PM bear no just a realist. The lower the price the more I can buy per month.

Zerohedge, has yet to it out a positive article, he certainly knows his readers. To be fair he proberbly is right. I stack PM,s for the long long term so the lower they go on the lows the better.

I am hoping for £720 spot gold this year, you may laugh but if the fed raise interest rates gold may drop fast. Gold and silver have been in this price band for a long tie now, we a due a price shift.

On the opposite side we have Greece and the Euro, will they default next week? Will that cause a run on the banks in Europe?

Then in the UK we will have the EU in out vote that will cause a run on the £.

You buy gold and silver when it suits you and I will do the same, I won,t complain if I miss the bottom as I already have a stack and I still buy small amounts each month.

I,m sure you want to stack as much as possible before the next bull market. I buy small amounts each month and large amounts on dips (well for me) we may just have different ways of stacking.

Gold could go to £1000 tomorrow and I'd probably still buy my bit this month as I'm slightly addicted.

I don't expect the Fed to raise rates any time soon though. The US economy seems to be heading for the bin and relies on positive spin rather than positive figures from what I can see. Hope I'm wrong though as I prefer my shiny metal cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

after holding it's price in £'s and falling in price in $'s

2 days ago, I'm seriously reviewing my perception of

gold priced in dollars. why should gold be priced in

dollars when the us is only one of many large producers

of gold and is not a big buyer? I'm of the view that gold

priced in dollars can fall with the rising dollar but the

price will be disconnected from the truth as buyers

like china will increasingly want to buy gold using their

own currencies.

HH

Am i the only one that never looks at the spot price.I go by what i look at on Atkinsons web site regularly and i know if a half sov is up or down,works for me. :)  

There are lots of sites that I regularly look at that post live spot prices, easiest way to see what's happening and not rely on one dealer's interpretation.

• 3 weeks later...