• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

3 minutes ago, GoldenPhil said:

I am a fact and so is my wife

this doesn't even make sense, are you saying that you are alive? or that

you are married to your wife? whatever it is, it can be proven to be true

(or not true in other cases). if it came to it in a court of law it can be

proven. the fact is pm suppression have not been proven.(read my posts

on those threads linked detailing the difference between manipulation

and suppression).

so we don't need to prove something is a fact now, is that what you are

saying?

HH

5 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

and suppression).

saying?

HH

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 22.54.56.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

why do you mislead people with articles from one of the most biased

pro pm sources(kitco) around?

HH

Well all bullion sales people are going to have an agenda. I had an ounce of gold for the time that peter schiff golds going to 10000 an oz Id be a rich man. To be honest it was a tounge in cheek response. If it goes to that range - well Mr Schiff and Kitco, Mike maloney can say told you so but least weve had the common nouse to stak something for our prosperity. I know one thing if gold does go to 10000 an oz - I will paint my botty blue and stand in burtons windows happily, and I will even post a picture of me doing it. Relax mate - lifes too short! Keep stacking happy!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

and suppression).

saying?

HH

It's a joke from the life of brian 

4 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

The scrutiny, isnt scruntizing enough. Hence why they havent had the key thrown away, and got slaps on the wrist - the judges arent trained well enough to preside or understand the evidence thats presented to them.

Also there is abundance of establismentarinism also,  govts, congress, ministers, in bed with each other. Nepotism is rife. Same as offshore tax avoidance. No different.

As opinions make discussions on here, especially about the subject of the futures and spot market prices, it is unequivocal - indisputable - incontrovertible - irrefutable that the existence of a paper market inherently serves a handful elite to maneuver prices to their desired price. Manipulation is the convention, the regulation is created so that these elites can get away with it; its their protection. The average judge is subject to a day to day oppression that eliminates philosophical understandings of financial instruments and securities - most of them understand financial markets at a superficial degree making it unattainable to acknowledge the fundamental structure and desires of paper markets; how it came about; why it exists and who it serves.

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

As opinions make discussions on here, especially about the subject of the futures and spot market prices, it is unequivocal - indisputable - incontrovertible - irrefutable that the existence of a paper market inherently serves a handful elite to maneuver prices to their desired price. Manipulation is the convention, the regulation is created so that these elites can get away with it; its their protection. The average judge is subject to a day to day oppression that eliminates philosophical understandings of financial instruments and securities - most of them understand financial markets at a superficial degree making it unattainable to acknowledge the fundamental structure and desires of paper markets; how it came about; why it exists and who it serves.

Very eliqouently put sir! Here Here!

5 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Your position is the entire market is manipulated by paper market trading. The medium and long term price action has been for gold to rise.  Therefore the prices have been manipulated upward. 

Edited by Martlet

38 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Your position is the entire market is manipulated by paper market trading. The medium and long term price action has been for gold to rise.  Therefore the prices have been manipulated upward. 

If you do not like the word "manipulation" what about the word "controlled"?  I am sure we all remember, earlier this year, the dumping of $3 billion of gold on the market which brought the price down.  Players can make money whether the price of gold goes up or down.

I would suggest that the price of gold has gone up despite attempts to control of the market.  The recent crisis has brought a lot of new money into gold and a number of the old players seem to have been caught out.  In March a couple of banks appear to have made massive losses from their gold dealings.

Also, I think the US Department of Justice has a number of ongoing investigations into precious metal price manipulation.

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

Also, I think the US Department of Justice has a number of ongoing investigations into precious metal price manipulation.

There is little doubt there is manipulation, short term end of day or contract movements.  Logically if there is supposed to be large scale manipulation of price over longer periods, the price must be reflecting that manipulation.

11 minutes ago, GoldenPhil said:

Friend in hong kong says china is shipping gold in to prop up the markets. Markets could collapse tomorrow. Gold price? Up or down?

...........ooohhhh ............i cant be bothered to find the Michael Jackson popcorn Meme - but you know the one i mean !! lol 

Lets see what happens 

1 minute ago, TheApe said:

Oh, that sounds reliable.

Some of the posts in this thread🙄

Are you saying some things on the internet might not be true ! i am shocked 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

...........ooohhhh ............i cant be bothered to find the Michael Jackson popcorn Meme - but you know the one i mean !! lol 

Lets see what happens 

michael-popcorn-1518029708.gif

`chaaaaaaaaamoooooooooon!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

20 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I think we will see a drop in au over the coming months into the 1600-1700 in usd terms, so probably a drop in terms of gbp too as long as the exchange rate stays roughly where it is. Miners have had a good run but are now showing some weakness for now going forward.

Apparently all the bullion from jewellery sold in india, thailand etc is starting to flood the market

1 hour ago, Prophecy said:

Apparently all the bullion from jewellery sold in india, thailand etc is starting to flood the market

Yes and italy and Hong Kong. Suspicious minds will call this coordinated media coverage but perhaps they are just reporting what is actually happening.  In Thailand for example without tourists locals will probably need the money