• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

8 minutes ago, dicker said:

Getting back onto Gold in GBP - what will gold hit if Russia annexes Ukraine?

Russian gunships have been deployed in the Black Sea as well as the troops and heavy armour at the border....

It'll spike up. It always goes up in response to geopolitical shocks. Then in following weeks it will level off to trend. 

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

It'll spike up. It always goes up in response to geopolitical shocks. Then in following weeks it will level off to trend. 

If so, that's where gold holds the debt temporary until allocated to the debt source.

• Founder & Administrator

Please keep this topic to discussing GBP £ Gold Price movements.

For other topics, or more in-depth discussions about different topics, it may be best to start a new separate topic :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

47 minutes ago, dicker said:

Getting back onto Gold in GBP - what will gold hit if Russia annexes Ukraine?

Russian gunships have been deployed in the Black Sea as well as the troops and heavy armour at the border....

Depends if the EU or US then decided to do anything overt about it or if it disrupts access to a particular natural resource (I think coal, oil & gas and iron ore  - I don't know if it they are at significant levels to cause any major economic disruption elsewhere)? Did Gold spike when Russia annexed the Crimea - I don't remember? 

2 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I suppose the gold price has been settled from the last dropping period from now. I expect soon £1300, another two month with little variations and again up to £1450.

I agree, let's see how gold responds to the markets.

I wouldn't be surprised if gold goes higher but who knows what will happen 

Bitcoin lovers, please look back at highs relating to .com and tech industries, you'll lose out.

Gold is the way forward.

Buy gold proof, rare and unusual.

Gold we trust.

Our sisters and brothers we trust, do it! Realise the value in true meaning!

Fed and monitory policy, we hate you! Why give us unmanageable debts!? 

Give us sustained manageble controlled debts, not unmanageable debts, a sustained balance of debts and that beyond debt that is needed.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

9 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Bitcoin lovers, please look back at highs relating to .com and tech industries, you'll lose out.

Gold is the way forward.

Buy gold proof, rare and unusual.

Buying rare and unusual gold coins is probably the worst way of investing in gold at the best of times. 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy2trees said:

Buying rare and unusual gold coins is probably the worst way of investing in gold at the best of times. 

And the 'powers that be' know it's a hard decision to make, they know the majority won't pay a lot more for something that is at a set price.

Buying new collectable gold coins is the best way, not old ones.

6 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

And the 'powers that be' know it's a hard decision to make, they know the majority won't pay a lot more for something that is at a set price.

Buying new collectable gold coins is the best way, not old ones.

I'm not sure what that first line means.

"Collectable" gold coins are a terrible way to invest in gold.

If you're into collecting, fine. Then it's no different from collecting old comics or beer bottles. 

But as an investment in a balanced portfolio, if you want to invest or store wealth in gold,  buy standard bullion coins.

At this point in time, I would advise buying Bitcoin over gold all day.

17 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Housing can always be built!

Never give up your position in the gold Market!

Housing in itself is not the main cost of new or existing houses; the land represents the biggest % of property value/s

- God stopped making land many years ago; thereby more limited in supply than Gold ..... 😉

GBP Gold price/s are thereby currently following that similar rarity, the current (and I suspect short/medium future) premiums accordingly due to the run over the last year.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

14 hours ago, Jimmy2trees said:

I'm not sure what that first line means.

"Collectable" gold coins are a terrible way to invest in gold.

If you're into collecting, fine. Then it's no different from collecting old comics or beer bottles. 

But as an investment in a balanced portfolio, if you want to invest or store wealth in gold,  buy standard bullion coins.

At this point in time, I would advise buying Bitcoin over gold all day.

May I ask why you would advise Bitcoin over gold right now? Gold is at its lowest for years. And Bitcoin hasn’t been higher, ever. If history repeats, Bitcoin will drop soon - surely that’s when we should buy in.

More so - as the inevitable recession comes, I think risky assets like Bitcoin will suffer.

Gold price should also increase as the money printing starts to effect fiat values. Again, we can look at history and what happened to gold after 2008.

All just assumptions from me of course so happy to hear your thoughts mate.

Kitco's version of Mr Miagi says its turning! Hiiaaiiyaa!!! ;)
I still think there is downwards potential to Silver over the next 2 months, not gold I think that might do well. 
hopefully slow and steady like its price moves recently - slow and steady, does not shock people to sell or hit stop losses. 

I take some of what he says with a pinch of salt as he tends to watch the financial/social-political 'news' and believe it! ;)
The one thing I do agree with is that a lot of people wont have jobs anymore by the end of the year.
Good for gold price, but also good deals on the SH market for any PM's as people liquidate to pay bills. 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Kitco's version of Mr Miagi says its turning! Hiiaaiiyaa!!! ;)
I still think there is downwards potential to Silver over the next 2 months, not gold I think that might do well. 
hopefully slow and steady like its price moves recently - slow and steady, does not shock people to sell or hit stop losses. 

If gold leads and goes up silver will follow there will be a delay but when gold starts ramping up, a few months after his little brother will follow.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

If gold leads and goes up silver will follow there will be a delay but when gold starts ramping up, a few months after his little brother will follow.

Yep. Hoping for another dip to £15 or they're about. I don't think its wishful thinking either judging by last year. 
Would be nice to get some cheap physical and also cheap silver stocks.

Right when the police should have been soaring it went to £10 then £14. Great for me loaded up on Queens Beasts. ;)

I would believe this guy over Gary Wagner. Finger on the pulse. 
I think they might have ditched the socially clueless Peter Hugg after all. I got depressed just looking at him. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

13 hours ago, Touvex said:

May I ask why you would advise Bitcoin over gold right now? Gold is at its lowest for years. And Bitcoin hasn’t been higher, ever. If history repeats, Bitcoin will drop soon - surely that’s when we should buy in.

More so - as the inevitable recession comes, I think risky assets like Bitcoin will suffer.

Gold price should also increase as the money printing starts to effect fiat values. Again, we can look at history and what happened to gold after 2008.

All just assumptions from me of course so happy to hear your thoughts mate.

Since my last post yesterday, Bitcoin is up about 3%, while gold has hardly moved.  The money printing you mention is the reason.

Historically, rising gold prices would accompany this but market manipulation has prevented this for years and there is no longer any mechanism for true price discovery in the gold markets and many other markets for that matter. And this will always be the case for as long as the dollar is the world reserve currency. 

This is where Bitcoin comes in. It is the new "canary in the mine"  and is the only asset class that cannot be manipulated or confiscated  and its price is a true reflection of its soundness as a store of value. It is better at being gold than gold.

The upside potential for Bitcoin far outweighs the potential for losses, even at current prices. Given the choice of buying gold or Bitcoin, I think it's a no-brainer.  And don't forget, gold is only 10% of its all time high as well.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy2trees said:

Since my last post yesterday, Bitcoin is up about 3%, while gold has hardly moved.  The money printing you mention is the reason.

Historically, rising gold prices would accompany this but market manipulation has prevented this for years and there is no longer any mechanism for true price discovery in the gold markets and many other markets for that matter. And this will always be the case for as long as the dollar is the world reserve currency. 

This is where Bitcoin comes in. It is the new "canary in the mine"  and is the only asset class that cannot be manipulated or confiscated  and its price is a true reflection of its soundness as a store of value. It is better at being gold than gold.

The upside potential for Bitcoin far outweighs the potential for losses, even at current prices. Given the choice of buying gold or Bitcoin, I think it's a no-brainer.  And don't forget, gold is only 10% of its all time high as well.

Thanks mate, interesting take.

Don't get me wrong, i agree that BTC is a great store of value, for all the reasons you've mentioned - i just don't think right NOW is the best time to buy into BTC, i honestly believe it will drop again before normalising. i highly doubt that BTC will keep to it's current levels.

I also think it's very difficult, if not impossible, to manipulate GOLD, it's a $11 trillion asset. Good point about gold's current possition.