• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Austria 4 Ducat Gold Coin

Danny-boy

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering this coin as my first decent sized gold coin.

I have 5 gold coins now but nothing bigger than 1/20oz.

Does anybody know off the top of their head, the cheapest source for these?

Thanks

Stacker since 2013

I got mine from HGM but you'd have to wait till they get some in.. Or try atkinsons

Just be aware these are re-strikes

Thanks Dune.

Can't be waiting around for HGM to get some in, although I realise this would probably be the cheapest method. It could be months though no?

Atkinsons don't seem to have any.

Yes I'm aware these are re-strikes, I have had a read up on them, but I appreciate the reminder.

I just like the coin design very much.

Stacker since 2013

Goldline £360.50 but out of stock, CoinInvest £376.67 in stock but also +£1095 postage :(

Thanks Barney, wow that's a high postage charge, does it come in a limo? [emoji1]

I'll keep an eye on Goldline & HGM for stock.

Stacker since 2013

Do you want a mint one?

If not, I have a bullion grade one from HGM which I can do for £355 delivered (my original cost + Special Delivery)

I want to get one of these too, although I'll have to hold off for a month or two as it's 2-3 times my monthly PM budget. I see there's a new edition that CoinInvest are selling from this week, it may be a little more expensive than elsewhere but it's a beautiful coin.

£355 delivered is a great price by the way, would have been very tempted myself a few weeks ago before my last purchase.

Danny - sovereigns not in the frame?! Or a kangaroo? Plenty nice fractional kangaroos..

Hi Lindeman, yes they are very much in the frame at some point, I just decided I want this to be my first reasonable sized coin.

Stacker since 2013

Do you want a mint one?

If not, I have a bullion grade one from HGM which I can do for £355 delivered (my original cost + Special Delivery)

Hi MZ, I must admit I did fancy the brand new re strike, not sure why.

Let me have a little think about it, but thanks for such a superb offer.

Stacker since 2013

• 4 weeks later...

Danny - did you eventually get one, or still pondering it?

I am soooo frustrated - thought I had nailed down late night offers on two nice Austrian gold coins - a 1912 10 coronas and a 1915 re strike 1 ducat, but I got outbid by 2 quid or so all in the last 10 seconds on both, to the same guy for both. I need to improve my bidding strategy or my typing speed !! They went for £100 and £112 respectively. It had been silent for 4 hours in the countdown, so I was too complacent. Probably someone on here taught me a lesson....

I need to improve my bidding strategy or my typing speed !!   It had been silent for 4 hours in the countdown, so I was too complacent. 

Rather than forcing worry & pressure on yourself - why don't you just use a eBay bid sniper program to place your bid for you in the last few seconds.

I have been using goofbays bid sniper for several years without any real problems, occasionally it may miss one item.  

But it does it all for the grand price of £FREE :)

https://www.goofbid.com/free_ebay_sniper.html

Certainly saves you staying up to the wee small hours for items your especially want to win

Be wary you have got to give them your eBay user ID and password.  

So i have a bidding ID just for snipe bidding only.  It is not linked to my selling eBay ID.

Also make sure your associated PayPal account password is different to your eBay password just should the worst ever happen with goofbay and it gets hacked or similar.

Danny - did you eventually get one, or still pondering it?

I am soooo frustrated - thought I had nailed down late night offers on two nice Austrian gold coins - a 1912 10 coronas and a 1915 re strike 1 ducat, but I got outbid by 2 quid or so all in the last 10 seconds on both, to the same guy for both. I need to improve my bidding strategy or my typing speed !! They went for £100 and £112 respectively. It had been silent for 4 hours in the countdown, so I was too complacent. Probably someone on here taught me a lesson....

If you still want a ducat, Goldline have them for about £105 delivered. 10 coronas are currently out of stock.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoins.jsp?coinId=123&yp=2075.4545004702804

Archived