• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cheapest place for junk silver

McGough95

I’m about to buy the gear needed to refine silver and I know the best thing to do is keep searching eBay etc for good deals but what’s the cheapest place to get some now ? Just so I can give it a go. I’m from the uk so preferably somewhere where I don’t need to pay large postage thanks a lot 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/06/2019 at 00:12, 999magnum said:

Sorry, when you guys from across the pond say "junk silver", what are some examples or are you talking about USA junk?

Means like silver that’s not 999 like sterling or the dimes you guys have which is like 50% or something 

It's easy to find cheap silver on ebay.

This morning I  bought almost 300g of hallmarked sterling silver spoons for just over 32p/g delivered Well under spot. 

Just needs 10 minutes a day, and a knowledge of how to search eBay properly. 

If I actually bothered to do this seriously, on a daily basis, instead of doing it for a few minutes every few weeks, I could easily buy underspot silver on eBay every day.

I find a lot of stuff on ebay goes for over spot.  I have picked up the occasional bit a few pence per gram under spot but it would take quite a bit of looking through stuff as people often sell plated stuff as silver and you have to examine every picture.

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to stacking silver but have thought about refining scrap as a way of creating my own bars to stack. 

Can I ask,what sort of costs are involved in refining and how much below spot would the scrap have to be for refining to be a viable option.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Duane said:

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to stacking silver but have thought about refining scrap as a way of creating my own bars to stack. 

Can I ask,what sort of costs are involved in refining and how much below spot would the scrap have to be for refining to be a viable option.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread810904/pg1

On 18/07/2019 at 04:48, HighlandTiger said:

It's easy to find cheap silver on ebay.

This morning I  bought almost 300g of hallmarked sterling silver spoons for just over 32p/g delivered Well under spot. 

Just needs 10 minutes a day, and a knowledge of how to search eBay properly. 

If I actually bothered to do this seriously, on a daily basis, instead of doing it for a few minutes every few weeks, I could easily buy underspot silver on eBay every day.

There's a guy near me does that storage auctioning, buys a few u it's then gathers up all the gold, silver and costumes jewelry and does the circuit of the jewelers, if you get him at the right time you can buy almost pristine pieces at spot because he knows the shops will cut him up, ebay will cut him up and even the refiners will cost, so you meet him in the middle and you can spend to your hearts content, he's happy, he gets to offset the costs quickly, you get your stash increased and the middle men can go screw themselves.

Archived