• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

If you could only stack one gold and/or silver coin

Well stacking implies we are looking at weight of silver - i think i would go for Perth Lunar - a bit more expensive but they don't spot like most of the rest, they come in a capsule and they are a quality coin with some interest and a chance of collector appreciation.

In gold i would pick the sovereign and half sovereign - from past experience of forum members i expect this to be a clear favourite.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

That is a hard question to answer as I don't stack silver or gold for weight. However, if I was to stack, I would mainly stack gold mainly either sovereigns because everyone here loves them and inspired me to want to get one, or pre-33 gold as I am American and love US coins. For silver it would be ASEs or junk silver. 

I do love the Brittanias but if I could only pick one it would be the ASE. It represents liberty and freedom for those of us in the states. Its iconic and a classic that has held up for a long time...

Personally, I would go with the 1 Troy ounce 99999 (five 9s) gold from the Royal Canadian Mint. Besides the five 9s purity, they are limited mintage, issued in a different design every year, comes in a lucite holder (embedded in a carded COA) and is priced at a reasonable premium over spot. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, sixgun said:

Funny to see some old names not posting anymore, it's a shame, been a lot of nice, interesting and knowledgeable characters on here over the years

Hope they're all doing well

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1oz Silver Britannias and 1/10oz Gold Britannias for the foundation. I do buy other stuff when I can, I know when pecious metals have a price hike, I will be tempted to sell for quick profit. All the odds and ends will go, but I'll try my best to hold onto the Brittanias.

For gold, that would have to be sovereigns. For silver... I'm thinking silver krugerrands are a good bet, they have global appeal, unlike ASE which are more American, and Britannia that are more British, etc.

I'm actually trying to do this. Accumulate sovereigns and silver krugerrands. I haven't yet started on the silver krugerrands, no funds available for that yet... still concentrating on getting a fair amount of sovereigns first. 😛

3 hours ago, Kman said:

Funny to see some old names not posting anymore, it's a shame, been a lot of nice, interesting and knowledgeable characters on here over the years

Hope they're all doing well

They may have had a hiatus for a few years like I did. I was lurking for a good while before I got back into posting regularly.

Like a few have posted already. I'm Sov's  for gold and Britannias for silver, for stacking.

I have other silver pieces to tickle the numismatic itch. 

Wow, only choosing one silver, and one gold? Is this like choosing a favorite child?

For silver, instinctively I'd say US mint dimes, but to have fewer tubes but same amount of silver, I'd go for half dollars.

For gold, I'd go for 1/10 ounce gold Eagles. But to have fewer tubes I'd go for pre-1933 $5 Half Eagles.

For me it would be Sovereigns because of their:

- Availability at decent premium over spot

- Quality

- Diversity - variance of designs, years, monarchs, die numbers

- Number of 'errors' / oddities (e.g. overstrikes) that are possible to run across accidentally

- International appeal

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived