• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver sovereigns

The website says 12.50 pounds, including shipping. 

But isn't a sovereign a legal definition, as in, the gold coin of approximately 1/4 ounce is legally a sovereign? 

Edited by RacerCool

45 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Just find this on on eBay it’s a legit issue that uses the sov design and can be had for circa £15 

72C17203-B7C0-4A43-8D7B-5A4B2B773F77.jpeg

Well done @ilovesilverireallydo ! This is exactly what I was thinking of when I read this post but couldn’t quite recall where I saw the coin. I know it’s one of those worthless commemorative pieces but at least it’s minted by The Royal Mint and the closest we’ll get to a silver sovereign.

Edited by Serendipity

2 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Well done @ilovesilverireallydo ! This is exactly what I was thinking of when I read this post but couldn’t quite recall where I saw the coin. I know it’s one of those worthless commemorative pieces but at least it’s minted by The Royal Mint.

Well it’s pure silver and I was lucky to pick up 5 of them at spot a little while back. Much nicer than the other St George attempts. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:09, 999magnum said:

This may be sacrilege for some of you Brits, but for me its a nice design of a guy on a horse about to spear a dragon on one side and an old woman on the other. In all seriousness I'd definitely get one of these if the price wasn't such a rip off!!! 

If you like that why not get a Victoria Crown?  It is a lot bigger (which is always better in the US of A).

7 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Bud can we get close ups of that coin? Looks like a Chinese fake to me. :( 

Hmm now that you mention, there's no way anybody will believe her to be Chinese. She has to at the very least lose the crown if she wants to pass for a Chinese.

Anyways, This was at this antique shop we've been visiting while away for a few days. The reason I didn't buy it is because the husband guy wanted $199 US for it after the wife told me to make her an offer. I told him to shove it. No I didn't but the thought crossed my mind.

On 28/05/2019 at 19:09, 999magnum said:

This may be sacrilege for some of you Brits, but for me its a nice design of a guy on a horse about to spear a dragon on one side and an old woman on the other. In all seriousness I'd definitely get one of these if the price wasn't such a rip off!!! 

Isn't it a woman on a horse about to spear a dragon?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

Isn't it a woman on a horse about to spear a dragon?

Oh another shocker for me today. The first one when I bit into my burger and it had a slice of pineapple. Shocked the nuts out of me, now this? 

2 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

Oh another shocker for me today. The first one when I bit into my burger and it had a slice of pineapple. Shocked the nuts out of me, now this? 

Who put pineapple in your burger? who hates you so much to do such a thing lol 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Kman said:

Who put pineapple in your burger? who hates you so much to do such a thing lol 

I ordered this huge burger. Just a burger, but XXL size, but I got someone else's burger and had no idea. After I took a bite the thought of just finishing this pineapple burger crossed my mind because it wasn't half bad, but my pride would not let me take another bite.

22 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

I ordered this huge burger. Just a burger, but XXL size, but I got someone else's burger and had no idea. After I took a bite the thought of just finishing this pineapple burger crossed my mind because it wasn't half bad, but my pride would not let me take another bite.

Hawaiian burger. Quite popular in some parts of the world 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics