• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Paddington 50p releases

h103efa

No stopping the Royal Mint!!!!

I did see this rumour on fb a day or so ago - but its now confirmed in the proclamations in the Gazette! - (Still Gazette hunting @GoodAsGold)

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3248324

Gold, Silver and CuNi 50p coins

(a) design depicting Paddington Bear outside the White Tower at the Tower of London; or

(b) a design depicting Paddington Bear outside St Paul’s Cathedral.

More Paddingtons for your collection @kimchi

2 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

You & @kimchi are the reason why the RM keep making these stupid coins 😂😂

I've got a tour booked on the 19th of April so I will have to have words with them 🤣

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, h103efa said:

I see Royal Mint emailing about upcoming release of the new designs!

I got that as well today and I bet it's going to be another silly time for release as well 

9 hours ago, AgD said:

I got that as well today and I bet it's going to be another silly time for release as well 

I wouldn't worry if they do the same as last time and over mint them. hopefully they learnt their lesson and wont do another 60k of them.

3 minutes ago, terakris said:

I wouldn't worry if they do the same as last time and over mint them. hopefully they learnt their lesson and wont do another 60k of them.

Well that is true but the Gruffalo was only 30k and that has not done great so will people see the new paddington as the same. Just the mint churning them out 

7 minutes ago, AgD said:

Well that is true but the Gruffalo was only 30k and that has not done great so will people see the new paddington as the same. Just the mint churning them out 

Quite possibly - I wont be bothering with this one.

1 minute ago, AgD said:

I will be getting the bunc for the set but that's about it 👍

I think I'll just wait for some bags from my mother, so have a circulated set, and that will be all! 

Defo not staying awake or waking up early. 

Wrt gruffalo, that sits nicely on my mantlepiece (with my aztecs). Good talking point when friends come over! 

6 minutes ago, h103efa said:

I think I'll just wait for some bags from my mother, so have a circulated set, and that will be all! 

Defo not staying awake or waking up early. 

Wrt gruffalo, that sits nicely on my mantlepiece (with my aztecs). Good talking point when friends come over! 

I won't be getting up neither lol.

I've got the mint buncs for everything as well as the circulated for the sets.

And on about Aztecs I picked up the 5oz last week and its amazing looks great with the 1oz 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2019 at 13:48, h103efa said:

No stopping the Royal Mint!!!!

I did see this rumour on fb a day or so ago - but its now confirmed in the proclamations in the Gazette! - (Still Gazette hunting @GoodAsGold)

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3248324

Gold, Silver and CuNi 50p coins

(a) design depicting Paddington Bear outside the White Tower at the Tower of London; or

(b) a design depicting Paddington Bear outside St Paul’s Cathedral.

More Paddingtons for your collection @kimchi

A pity they did not have the foresight to have Paddington Bear at Lord's cricket ground - and then this could have been used to commemorate England's world cup victory!

• 4 weeks later...

I've just had an email from the Royal Mint about the new Paddington coins:

"Hold on to your duffle coats, all will be revealed on 13 August at 9am!"

Whether this means the designs will be revealed tomorrow, or whether the coins will be on sale at 9am, I am not sure.

Quite nice designs for me if not very imaginative (though his face looks squished on the BUNC St Paul's) .

25k on the silver may be high but it's right to give everyone already invested in the set a proper chance to get one.

Gold selling well so far, quite a 'cheeky' price increase though!

Also very nice to see the MCM is the same as the LEP this time so 650 coins total of each, presented individually, rather than messing round with 'Paddington coin plus a book and special box for only £200 more it's a steal guv honest!'. I think they've handled the gold release at least as well as they could have.

I'd be tempted for the full set but I'm fed up with the Mint and their stupid monkeying around with mintages and ranges and it's an awful lot of money for a series that might/will continue. I'm happy to stick with the first two and glad the MCM looks like it'll be now an established 600 for the Station and 700 for the Palace (with the maximum 100 LEP book). Strange they didn't at least do 50 of the full set though, I think this probably means yes more next year.

There's always something with the Mint isn't there, a 'fun-filled design' - do they actually pay people to try to sell coins with lines like that? 🤣 Plus I notice the book set is said to be sold out but I don't think they ever got near the 100 issue so perhaps a bit 'tricksy' there. And on the Station and Palace two coin set the headline says £780 which I'm pretty sure is what they were, but for some reason on the page itself in the text they now say £845.

Archived