• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
On 12/04/2019 at 18:59, kimchi said:

According to the chap I spoke to it's illegal for them to sell more than 3 of any bullion coin per year to a household without a 'bullion dealers licence'. No idea if that's true or not (I don't trust much of what I was told in a long phone conversation) but perhaps that was nonsense and someone at the dispatch dept has just had a brainwave - 'hang on, this is the fifth lot of Sovs going off to the same address' 🤣

and... There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis.

Chards

Hello guys ! I can still find the half-sovereign for 149 GBP. Is this a mistake, is the site not-trustworthy ? In any case, do you know if they ship outside of the UK  ? They say free delivery inside UK. Anyway I saw old posts here where customers got refunded, so I think there's no chance the offer still stands. Just wanted to get your opinion on the matter. Btw, I'm a newbie 🙂.

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=269

9 minutes ago, werewolf said:

Hello guys ! I can still find the half-sovereign for 149 GBP. Is this a mistake, is the site not-trustworthy ? In any case, do you know if they ship outside of the UK  ? They say free delivery inside UK. Anyway I saw old posts here where customers got refunded, so I think there's no chance the offer still stands. Just wanted to get your opinion on the matter. Btw, I'm a newbie 🙂.

Have you a link please

22 minutes ago, werewolf said:

they H&B - often advertise "loss leaders" and thereafter you get boarder with crud emails, flyers etc - Personally I steer clear!

Plus they are likely to spread/sell your data to others,

as I remember @BackyardBullion putting out a video relating to some of these type dealers using personal info -

CAUTION is the watchword IMHO!🤨

others to note -IMHO

Danbury Mint

Westminster Mint

53 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

If theyve already got your details and sold them on previously. Then what have you got to lose in purchasing again at less than spot.

Most probably you could get your money blocked with them and get nothing in return for a couple of months. After this crisis will be over  maybe they will realize it's time you got refunded. So that is what I fear, that's why I asked about the trustworthiness of the dealer. 

2 minutes ago, werewolf said:

Most probably you could get your money blocked with them and get nothing in return for a couple of months. After this crisis will be over  maybe they will realize it's time you got refunded. So that is what I fear, that's why I asked about the trustworthiness of the dealer. 

H&B are trustworthy, you can go for it. I would if I were you.

2 hours ago, werewolf said:

That's a shame the Link is not working , i just tried .

It’s a bit odd. In the description it says 

own the brand new

(not own a brand new)

And it’s a 2016 so makes me think it’s an old link but then the price seems right for what they tend to do with these promotions, a little under spot

Lets you add 3 to your basket though.

21 minutes ago, Elements said:

It’s a bit odd. In the description it says 

own the brand new

(not own a brand new)

And it’s a 2016 so makes me think it’s an old link but then the price seems right for what they tend to do with these promotions, a little under spot

Lets you add 3 to your basket though.

It's very odd. It seems to let you add 3, but when you go to check out it says you have nothing in your basket. 

I called them, a lady that wasn't very helpful answered and kept on asking me about a reference number. Which I could  not find on the website other than that 269 number which I used in the search box. I described the item, but it did not help, only reference number works. Anyway, she said they don't deliver outside the UK, which was enough for me :). About that, is there a thread here somewhere about  dealer postage costs outside UK? Until now I got 2 very different quotations for a standard 1oz gold coin, 15 with Chards and 38(!) with Bairds for delivery to Romania...sorry for the off-topic.

UPDATE: It is now impossible to find the coin , the link I posted works but does not find it and typing 269 in the search box does not work either. It's apparent now it was an error on the website OR somebody just bought them all :D. 

57 minutes ago, werewolf said:

It's very odd. It seems to let you add 3, but when you go to check out it says you have nothing in your basket.

That usually happens when the item isn't available and you've tried to use an old link. They are not very good at removing old website pages and generally keeping the site tidy.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

53 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

That usually happens when the item isn't available and you've tried to use an old link. They are not very good at removing old website pages and generally keeping the site tidy.

That's exactly what happened to me this morning. I managed to buy and pay for halfs but then I got the inevitable call from Max saying they were no longer in stock . Obviously an old link!?

5 hours ago, Derv said:

That's exactly what happened to me this morning. I managed to buy and pay for halfs but then I got the inevitable call from Max saying they were no longer in stock . Obviously an old link!?

Well look on the bright side, you'll get a full refund and still get FREE postcards! 

11 minutes ago, Melon said:

Well look on the bright side, you'll get a full refund and still get FREE postcards! 

Well... I plumped for a full sov' and told him to ahem ram the postcards. 

In all fairness I've not received any junk mail from them in quite a while after verbally telling them no to. Plus I opted out of all correspondence.

9 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

H&B are trustworthy, you can go for it. I would if I were you.

I don't think so myself after being lied to on the phone following my purchase last year (that they need a 'bullion licence' to sell more than 3 of any bullion per year per household).

For anyone interested please see my previous posts and that by @LawrenceChard above on this page.

10 hours ago, 5huggy said:

they H&B - often advertise "loss leaders" and thereafter you get boarder with crud emails, flyers etc - Personally I steer clear!

Plus they are likely to spread/sell your data to others,

as I remember @BackyardBullion putting out a video relating to some of these type dealers using personal info -

CAUTION is the watchword IMHO!🤨

others to note -IMHO

Danbury Mint

Westminster Mint

You forget to mention the misleadingly named London Mint Office (part of The Samlerhuset Group).

Chards

5 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

Bought 3 which all went through. Just checked my account status and now says refunded. Oh well. Worth a shot! 

Looks like they finally removed (for now at least), the 6 pages they had for 2016 Half Sovereigns at £149 each.

A search for 2016 Half Sovereigns returned:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=2016+half+sovereign

Featuring 2 pages both offering 2020 United Kingdom Gold Uncirculated Sovereigns at £329 each.

Max 1 Sovereign per household per year

I don't often recommend buying from our competitors, but right now, I think all TSF members should jump on this, and order one.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Chards

1 minute ago, cinereus said:

Lawrence. Nothing on your link. Can you give the direct link instead of the search link please?

Sure:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2020-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-4248.html

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2020-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-4247.html

Chards

Archived