• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

7 hours ago, kimchi said:

They tried to sell me a full 42 modern proof Sovereign set for 27k and said if I split it up and sell them separately I could make 40k! I asked the chap why, if that's what they could be worth, they would sell them so cheap, the answer was something like 'we like to treat our customers well'. So I guess they are just kindly philanthropists 🤣

Joking aside, the proofs I knew the value of that I asked about they valued at £400+ over :o

If they were all 1989/2012 then you could maybe get around 40k - fees, but I have my doubts they would be

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Kman said:

They tried to sell me a full 42 modern proof Sovereign set for 27k and said if I split it up and sell them separately I could make 40k! I asked the chap why, if that's what they could be worth, they would sell them so cheap, the answer was something like 'we like to treat our customers well'.

they try to sell me a FOOL <<<<< 42 modern sovereign set 

the answer was something like, we like to TRICK our customers 😁

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

30 minutes ago, Kman said:

If they were all 1989/2012 then you could maybe get around 40k - fees, but I have my doubts they would be

Their 'package' is one of each modern Proof Sov - complete collection of year dates for 27k. Which they tell you you can split immediately and make 40k. At least that was what I was told in their upsell, before I had to make my excuses and finish the conversation, as I was choking with laughter by that point 🤣

19 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

they try to sell me a FOOL

I am sorry I am not currently available! :D

On 08/06/2019 at 20:18, Goldflinger said:

Blummin eck! You could nearly make a jacket out of those.

z-BVJ7W14PR6.jpg

A bit late but I have to laugh every time I see the purple jacket.... 

1 hour ago, TopHatsTales said:

For those that missed out on bargain sovs, fear not, they have a cracking new deal...

Half oz of silver for a mere £700

1927 crown, 50% silver.

Don't miss out! Hope they have plenty in stock 🤔

And no strict limit of 3 per household on that bargain either ... sign me up! :P

11 minutes ago, kimchi said:

That seems rather odd...don't think I'd be filling it in telling them it was a delivery of gold somehow...

It’s not, it’s attached to the offers letter they send through. I have to say I don’t like how they have  who the sender is on all the postage they use.

30 minutes ago, Auricsstash said:

It’s not, it’s attached to the offers letter they send through. I have to say I don’t like how they have  who the sender is on all the postage they use.

I see, cheers, will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Have you registered that address with the mailing preference service to stop addressed marketing mails? Maybe that's what flagged it, like you say their envelopes are very 'distinctive', or perhaps your postie may have done you a favour/got sick of it all if he thought it was junk - ?

Out of interest where do they want you to send the questionnaire to?

It'd also be interesting to know what the other questions are, the first two look like they could be about unsolicited mail. But it seems very 'nosy' if it's genuine. If it is though I'd probably send it back as 1) Catalogue/brochure NOT requested, and 2) Other financial/broker (or basically anything feasible for such an ostentatious envelope that might throw someone off the scent that gold may have been purchased).

Now that the good offer's gone, you should definitely send a 'stop all junk' letter/email to H&B along the lines of

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-stop-unwanted-direct-marketing-with-an-article-21-notice

I can vouch that it definitely works. I'd had about 25 spam offers in total before I decided enough was enough, sent off the notice and I've had nothing since.

2 hours ago, Auricsstash said:

Anyone else had one of these arrive today attached to your latest H&B offers?? Get the feeling Royal Mail think this stuff is in some way interesting enough to warrant scrutiny...

B4567B2D-0D17-48BF-8C25-63F09BE9EA98.jpeg

E4E0FFB4-446A-4373-8C48-18FF7F04B0E5.jpeg

I got one and all I bought was a second hand scalextric car.. 

Archived