• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 8000+ forum members. 

CadmiumGreen

Scale Model Millennium Falcon Build

Received several of the 3D printed parts from Shapeways...Airbrushed the base color for the crew main hold, before applying the lighter overspray color to add color depth. Also, completed the maintenance pit today...

197BFD26-B792-4533-8EB4-FAE75843E374.thumb.jpeg.1f23be0d514b7c15257332f7f17c3dca.jpegDC9545A7-541E-4879-AB73-CBD9CF76EFD5.thumb.jpeg.b3ec76d0b2fc92a32ea0c3e552f7e361.jpeg6A12385D-441B-4279-95AF-08040DE20C71.thumb.jpeg.41b05c8c60b246f944f998264fa81f60.jpeg

Crew main hold port wall from Shapeways is currently on order, so this should be the last part before completion of the crew main hold. 

Love the detail you are putting into this build. Makes the build so more enjoyable. Does this build tell you the colours to use and where to use? The detail you’re doing making this build come to life.  Are you using any type of magnifying glass? 

8 hours ago, Trumar said:

Love the detail you are putting into this build. Makes the build so more enjoyable. Does this build tell you the colours to use and where to use? The detail you’re doing making this build come to life.  Are you using any type of magnifying glass? 

Thanks for the feedback! This particular build doesn’t have a colour guide, so I use mostly reference photos from books, the plethora of pics in the instruction booklets, and online sources. I do a lot of paint mixing to get the coloring as close as representably possible. There are also techniques with airbrushing to get the depth of colour...still working on the best way to do this, but paint washes and dry brushing helps to blend everything together.

The build didn’t have a lot of the details that these aftermarket Shapeways parts do, so that helps with bringing a more realistic appearance in the finished model.

My eyes definitely aren’t what they used to be. I used to be able to see all the close in details easily before PRK eye surgery, which was almost 20 years now. I was quite nearsighted, and have now become much more farsighted post surgery. This was a known cause-effect, so to compensate, yes, I have started to use the magnifying glasses to help see the details and work the build better. I use these and it works pretty well.1E581DD1-7C1C-4B78-938F-98A12BC4A1C2.thumb.jpeg.c734985b25804dbda4539c1c8cf0bb0c.jpeg