• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Capsule for 10oz Britannia bars:

TonyS

I didn’t want to detract from Shaunbarry’s thread about capsules for QB’s.

Normally I buy coin capsules from Amazon so I looked there for 10oz bar capsules. It seems I can only get them from the US at silly prices with shipping costs. Another problem is my Amazon account goes in to an apoplectic fit if I try to order them.

Is there somewhere in the UK I can get them from?

In my opinion it's harder to get away with big bumps and scratches on pressed bars that are made to give a pristine mirror finish versus poured bars. If you intend to sell at spot then I guess it doesn't matter either way but the reality is we are all often paying some premium which we want to retain and Britannia bars are no exception which is why I intend to get a capsule. If there's this kind of detail on there it's more than just a bullion bar to be valued based on its metal weight in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have an update to this? It looks like @SilverStan has sold out and I can't find any in this country.

In addition does anyone know of the mint are likely to do a different design of the Britannia bar in the future? I had left the silver scene when these were released so I don't know the background. I guess if there is money to be made then they would update the design at some point.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

4 hours ago, onlyroadtoheaven said:

Does anyone have an update to this? It looks like @SilverStan has sold out and I can't find any in this country.

In addition does anyone know of the mint are likely to do a different design of the Britannia bar in the future? I had left the silver scene when these were released so I don't know the background. I guess if there is money to be made then they would update the design at some point.

More capsules in the air just a waiting game im afraid.

Silverstacking.co.uk 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived