• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1934 coins for birthday gift

Schnitzel

Greetings fellow coinsters, numistmatists and... billsters? Whatever you prefer to call yourself I call for your aid!

Short summary first: I'm on the lookout for anything coin- and/ or noterelated currency from the year 1934.

A slightly longer text on the same theme:

I'm on the lookout for coins (and the occasional banknotes if the opportunity presents itself) for a birthday gift I plan for my great aunt that turns 85 years old in the middle of May. 
She (and I) are very interested in history and she is much interested in me collecting coins and she shows me her old coins from time to time when I visit. Sadly I live quite far away from her, around 300 km, so I don't visit as often as I should and cannot show my collection as it grows. But we do exchange handwritten (in my case typewriter written due to very poor handwriting) letters from time to time and call each other so we keep in touch. 

So, i thought I would put together a small coin collection from her birth year of 1934. Therefore I am on the lookout for everything coin- and/ or note related from the year 1934. :) 

There is no need for it to be silver or any other precious metal, it is the year that is important even if silver always is interesting. 

So, if you have anything from 1934 that you wish to sell, drop me a note with what you got, a price you want for it if you have it and it would also be really helpful with a approximate shipping cost to Sweden :) I'm also open for exchanges, I got a little bit of this and a little bit of that, something might be of interest?

Much thank you in advance and have a lovely day!

• 1 month later...

Schnitzel-

A nice gift related to 1934 (in the States at least) are the dollar banknotes dated 1934.  They were marked with "Silver Certificate" on the top of the note instead of "Federal Reserve Note", as they are now.  They can be found pretty easily on eBay for relatively short money, depending on condition.

This was around the time the US abandoned the Gold standard.  Interesting historical stuff.

On 07/05/2019 at 16:07, samandglove1 said:

Schnitzel-

A nice gift related to 1934 (in the States at least) are the dollar banknotes dated 1934.  They were marked with "Silver Certificate" on the top of the note instead of "Federal Reserve Note", as they are now.  They can be found pretty easily on eBay for relatively short money, depending on condition.

This was around the time the US abandoned the Gold standard.  Interesting historical stuff.

Thank you for the tip! Sadly it was a bit late to solve a note but I would love a silver certificate myself :) The history of notes I have yet to delve into :) 

But I can tell you that my great aunt really liked the gift! And it was an honour giving it to her :)

Archived