• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

Watch out for the take down?  And it has been so quiet for the past day and a half!

I don't know if I even want to guess anymore, I keep getting it wrong lol

I thought it might burst through and go to $2020-240 before falling back to lower $1900 

Something about this burst upwards atm feels a little too quick, I don't trust it, feels like a trap

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

32 minutes ago, Kman said:

I don't know if I even want to guess anymore, I keep getting it wrong lol

I thought it might burst through and go to $2020-240 before falling back to lower $1900 

Something about this burst upwards atm feels a little too quick, I don't trust it, feels like a trap

agree @Kman seems too far too fast, just to get the price past $2000

One reservation I would have is the "Robinhooder's" haven't really latched on yet
The leading  GLD ETF still only has 36,000 holders, up just 6,000 in a month
When you see TESLA has over 500,000 it puts it into perspective as to what could happen

1 minute ago, KRO said:

agree @Kman seems too far too fast, just to get the price past $2000

One reservation I would have is the "Robinhooder's" haven't really latched on yet
The leading  GLD ETF still only has 36,000 holders, up just 6,000 in a month
When you see TESLA has over 500,000 it puts it into perspective as to what could happen

When you think about it the price isn't that surprising. Most bonds yielding negative, massive amounts of money being printed by central banks, massive layoffs incoming once government support winds down, possibility of a second wave, geo-political tensions with USA / China. It's getting scary.

1 minute ago, Empire said:

When you think about it the price isn't that surprising. Most bonds yielding negative, massive amounts of money being printed by central banks, massive layoffs incoming once government support winds down, possibility of a second wave, geo-political tensions with USA / China. It's getting scary.

Not the price just that it only took 2 hours to go up 1.3%, that's rapid 

When it goes up quick instead of steady it seems like it can drop  off just as quick but who knows 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

39 minutes ago, Goldmansacks said:

Think it was a fire in a Fireworks storage facility,think it's just demand that is causing the spike.

I’m surprised that fake news hasn’t accused Israel of going nuclear in Beirut. The secondary blast did look a bit mushroomy.

Just one prediction of what could happen (blue line = actual, red line = projected). Much depends upon how much money is printed. IIRC Congress gave the OK to print up to $8Tn to buy up to 70% of each/any series of bonds (and as bond prices rise with cash injections, so pension funds etc reduce bonds to add to stocks - so stock prices rise).

Could flatten, can't see much however in the way of tightening/yields rising. Inflation could very well rise whilst treasury yields remain suppressed i.e. even more negative real yields (that tends to uplift the price of gold).

JMHO

Gold projected possible decline of US$.png

My predictions so far haven't been the best but I'm feeling very good about this one

For some reason I've only just found/drawn in some beautiful trend lines

Gold I think it's going to hit around $2060 then come down to probably $1935-$1945 and the trend line it's been following up will become a point of resistance, that would be a 5-6% drop

Comparing gold and silver moves in 2011 this seems very plausible 

It could also just fall back to the bottom of the trend at $1980 and continue on the strong path up, make another leg up to the top before falling out 

goldrop.thumb.png.b0a1bf0235557aa2c09ae44941c316cc.png

Edited by Kman

21 hours ago, Kman said:

My predictions so far haven't been the best but I'm feeling very good about this one

For some reason I've only just found/drawn in some beautiful trend lines

Gold I think it's going to hit around $2060 then come down to probably $1935-$1945 and the trend line it's been following up will become a point of resistance, that would be a 5-6% drop

Comparing gold and silver moves in 2011 this seems very plausible 

It could also just fall back to the bottom of the trend at $1980 and continue on the strong path up, make another leg up to the top before falling out 

goldrop.thumb.png.b0a1bf0235557aa2c09ae44941c316cc.png

Kman, may I ask which software package you are using to produce your snazzy charts?

18 minutes ago, BobnotTed said:

Kman, may I ask which software package you are using to produce your snazzy charts?

Tradingview

To edit the trend lines in tradingview you right click on the trend line, then settings to get colours/thickness/opacity

linecolours.thumb.png.5ef1ec5246b0c7b451a3fbea6b1f0b09.png

Edited by Kman

Bloomberg Anchor “I cant afford Gold”, “I wish I could but I can’t find an entry point”.

MSM sounding like they are trying to put off the public from dipping a toe in the water.

Collegue did however say “I’m trying to find an entry point in any asset class at the moment”.

PLUS 

Turkish Lira against the 🇺🇸 $ is also taking a dive!!! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA