• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Does USA still have its gold?

Michal

The gold is gone again? 😓

Worth of 8,133.5 tons of gold $343.072.428.642,45
US DOD budget 2019 $686,100,000,000.00
Federal Reserve quantitative easing by 2015 $4,500,000,000,000.00
US national debt $22,067,282,500,000.00 (and rising)

Selling that gold would do nothing

50 minutes ago, KevinFlynn said:

The gold is gone again? 😓

Worth of 8,133.5 tons of gold $343.072.428.642,45
US DOD budget 2019 $686,100,000,000.00
Federal Reserve quantitative easing by 2015 $4,500,000,000,000.00
US national debt $22,067,282,500,000.00 (and rising)

Selling that gold would do nothing

Woudn't, true but what if seller doesn't want fiat but only gold ? 

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Since gold doesn't back the currency anymore, a question is, does it really matter?  

Hmm  If it does NOT matter! then I have to ask WHY are central banks and larger organisations hoarding it and buying it up at an apparent rapidly increasing rate?

2 hours ago, Martlet said:

Since gold doesn't back the currency anymore, a question is, does it really matter?  

Well i think it does 'back' the currency - it is of great psychological importance. Central banks are publicly repatriating gold at the moment. Central banks are buying gold at the moment. Some years ago the Fed said it has no gold - the Federal Reserve notes which masquerade as US dollars have no gold backing them but the US Treasury claims there are 8000 odd tonnes in their vaults. Munchkin went to look and allegedly saw a few bars which looked like gold. But what if it then it turns out they have next to no gold. Where did the American people's gold go? Who got the gold? Did the Chinese get the gold, that means the Chinese have a lot more than they are letting on. The US government has been lying for decades (no news there) and so on and so on.

It would have a very positive action on gold in the public's mind just when the usual suspects don't want that.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Munchkin went to look and allegedly saw a few bars which looked like gold. 

This is a YouTube video about Mnuchin's visit to Fort Knox.

i did a search for photos - they are all black and white and very poor quality.

Photographs are digital these days and by default would be full colour.

Two possibilities

1 They have provided B&W photos of gold - so we can't see they aren't real gold bars.

2 They are playing a mind game and the gold is there.

The gold coming out of the US and UK is coming from somewhere - i believe it is stolen from gold held in custody as well as being plundered from the US reserves

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I like a good conspiracy and my preference is number 2; the gold is there and they are playing mind games. Performing an audit would end this mystery and put focus back on why the US holds gold in the first place. Other than for tradition of course.  

If I remember right, excuse the exact numbers, but the gold is a reserve asset and is held at its historical price before the petro-dollar I think 42 dollars an ounce of something silly. A strange thing, you would think they would link it to market price of the federal reserve note ($1300ish) but they don't, its still measured in Bretton Woods dollars. There is a theory that when the time comes gold will be revalued in federal reserve notes to cover the value of the outstanding debts, that is where the mad $10,000 an ounce figures come from. I am not sure how that will happen without causing utter carnage - a reset event basically, but who knows. 

It probably is real gold, they will most likely have a few tons left.

It would have been more convincing if they had shown photos and a panning video of a vast cellar filled with rows and rows of these ingots. Instead of a corner somewhere with a small stack of what looks like a hastily arranged rack of bars.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

49 minutes ago, sixgun said:

1 They have provided B&W photos of gold - so we can't see they aren't real gold bars. 

I vote for 1.

The real Fort Knox is no longer in the US it is now in Russia

Russia (and China) are 'accumulating very large amounts of gold' - because

The Chinese are owned by the Rothschild, same as Russia, they do what they are told.

Wonger

3 hours ago, 5huggy said:

Hmm  If it does NOT matter! then I have to ask WHY are central banks and larger organisations hoarding it and buying it up at an apparent rapidly increasing rate?

central banks buy and sell anything that they can make

a profit on. yes, there are points in time when central

banks sell pm's.

I think it doesn't matter.

HH

Watched the video and found it interesting.
If you wish to audit a large number of items then if you test at random and have 100% success then that usually certifies the batch.
There are international statistical verification rules regarding the sample size.
If you are handed the samples rather than being able to select then that would cause great suspicion.
Did any of the tests show a fail in which case the sample size has to be increased and the audit would fail totally if more rejects were located.

There are too many unknowns to believe the gold is there and is real gold.
The shipment to China proves that some vaults are likely full of plated tungsten.
If so what about the future price of gold ?
Surely it must go higher because there is less gold than thought.

As for replacing the seals if 3 reliable witnesses were present at the time I don't see a problem.

E.g., ECB lists 'Gold and gold receivables' under "A1" (asset) on their consolidated balance sheet. I suppose it means something for Mr "Whatever It Takes".

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/annual/balance/html/index.en.html 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I am honestly fascinated by the idea of underground rooms literally packed with gold. Two more things come into my mind:

a. I would be in favour of refining those gold reserves and pour them into new and shiny 24k bars, on 24h webcam, provided they make a Youtube series from it. You could even market live pours and have a "pour a bar yourself" program...

b. Couldn't Donald just raid a far corner of a gold room to pay for his wall?

From the video article it says the B&W photos were obtained from the Treasury thru a FOIA, and the Treasury provided B&W xerox copies  of the original photos.  Requests for copies of the original color photos were denied.  

You cannot manipulate the price of gold for decades without the Federal Reserve and its allied western central banks draining their own reserves to ensure enough supply in the physical market. The documentary below published YouTube in 2013 The Secret world of Gold. The question is when will the manipulation in these commodities end and what is the real price of these commodities. I am hoping before I retire twenty five years from now both these questions answered by market forces and that is the time frame looking at holding onto my physical stack otherwise physical stack passed down as inheritance.

There is very fair point above, they have to fulfill physical demand to keep price low, and there is uncertainty going among people when shortage occurs. Look on silver, they run out of glavatrons and it silver shortage occurs :D 

Archived