• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

5 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Usually ParcelForce, DHL, or whoever else is responsible for delivering it once it's in the UK will ask you to pay the amount due. They will also add on a handling fee. If you don't pay, you won't receive it.

Ok so once this arrives I would be contacted and made to pay the VAT and a handling fee? 

sorry for the questions guys just trying to work out exactly how this works 

thanks 

1 minute ago, Martin1983 said:

Ok so once this arrives I would be contacted and made to pay the VAT and a handling fee? 

sorry for the questions guys just trying to work out exactly how this works 

thanks 

Yes, that's how it works most of the time for individuals. They'll either write to you to ask for payment, or if you're lucky you might get an email and be given a chance to pay it online before it actually reaches the UK, thus avoiding any delays.

If you are a business, they might just deliver it and then invoice you afterwards if you have an account with them.

1 hour ago, Martin1983 said:
1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

It will end up costing about £755 delivered you can buy kilos on here 640-670

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

It will end up costing about £755 delivered you can buy kilos on here 640-670

Agreed, it is now prohibitive to purchase silver from the EU

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

15 minutes ago, pablitto83 said:

Hope someone can advise. Are there any restrictions/tax on silver bullion coins if I bring them privately from UE? Either by car on plane? Does it need to be declared? Not much, max a few tubs of 1OZ's

This is a good question and one some of us have discussed/joked about on this forum about driving to Europe and buying 1000oz bars and driving back. But on a serious note, my understanding (so I could be completely wrong here), is that if it is not jewellery then you are limited to:

Allowance for other goods

You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 (or up to £270 if you arrive by private plane or boat).
If you go over your allowance you pay tax and duty on the total value of the goods, not just the value above your allowance.
You may have to pay customs duty if you exceed your allowance.

Import VAT

You may have to pay import VAT on the total value of the goods plus duty. You pay VAT at the current UK VAT rate.
That is based on information listed in: https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-into-uk-personal-use/print
However if you are stopped and haven't declared anything they could also assume you were trying to smuggle the goods in, in which case you are liable to forfeit all of it.
Your goods and any vehicle you use to transport them may be seized if you break the rules. You may also be fined or prosecuted.
That is based on information listed in: https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-into-uk-personal-use

Hope that helps. I would not want to take the risk of entering with more than £390 worth of silver, just incase it was taxed or worse deemed to attempt to smuggle it in. Having said that the other thing that could be argued is that as Britannias are legal tender, would be to purchase 5000 silver Britannia's and bring them into the country as the face value does not exceed the £10,000 limit of cash in Sterling or foreign currency equivalent. But I wouldn't want to try this and I'll make the declaration this isn't sound financial advise or any serious advise.

Our resident expert on bulk purchases before the iron curtain fell on VAT free silver in the UK, is @BackyardBullion, he is extremely helpful and will probably have some better insight that me.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

I plan to visit my family this year, and I know I can buy there a bit cheaper. Not planning to get a wholesale amount, but just something for my stack. If I travel by car, I would not be bother, just packed up loose coins between pants in the bags, normally car is packed up when travel 1k miles.. But after travel to Poland twice by car, with kids, I rather pay twice the price for the plane..

Not sure if this is a good deal but Perth MInt silver without VAT, well on special margin scheme, so almost😁

https://www.chards.co.uk/perth-mint-1oz-silver-coins-minty/12834

You might get something nice.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 3 weeks later...

Tavex Bullion still looking cheap for Brits

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/silver/1-oz-british-britannia-silver-coin-tavex-uk-london/

As at 0929 on the 1st March they are £25.56

image.png.b1055f25c63d701137098b290103c2cb.png

I have noticed the spread climb recently, and it has been up over 42%, I assume that's down to demand.
If we use Chards as the yard stick as they are decent and trusted to get Brits for this price, you'd need to be ordering 100 or more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2020 at 09:28, 5huggy said:

Hmmm - previously trading as !

AU Trading LLC is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line, ... Euro Atlantic Trading Limited; T/A BuyGoldCoins.eu; 20-22 Wenlock Road ...

I bought from them with no problems in 2008 ish  including their own brand 1 oz silver bars 

but I believe they have gone bosom up now due to financial problems .

au trading bars will be a bit pricey now I guess as you can5 get them anymore 

2 minutes ago, timsk said:

Does anyone know the story with Tavex?

They were very competitive but, according to their website, no longer sell silver - although they will still buy it: Tavex 1oz Silver Britannia Coin

(Hover your cursor over the green 'You receive' dot.)

Seems to be out of stock on most items,probably struggling to restock and still offer competitive prices. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 minutes ago, timsk said:

They were very competitive but, according to their website, no longer sell silver - although they will still buy it: Tavex 1oz Silver Britannia Coin

I’ve used them many times now. Great service and range but think they tend to focus on the Gold side of things. 

2 hours ago, timsk said:

I went to make a purchase from them today around 3pm. I was buying some silver which was all in stock, my payment wouldn't go through, spoke to a guy over the phone who emailed me a direct link to pay, still didn't work, and now I notice their website is down with a payment processing issue.

• 2 weeks later...