• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Agreed! I've just checked the gov website for the limit, appears to be 10,000 Euros

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/money-laundering-regulations-your-responsibilities

I'd still expect a dealer to record and retain your personal details even for a tiny purchase that falls well below that limit, otherwise it would be impossible for the dealer to track your overall spend in a series of linked transactions.

For example, I suspect a dealer would not be meeting their obligations if anyone could purchase a £600 tube of silver Britannias every day for a year without anything being recorded.

But that's just what I think - I expect @LawrenceChard is the most knowledgeable on what's actually required :D 

54 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I'd still expect a dealer to record and retain your personal details even for a tiny purchase that falls well below that limit, otherwise it would be impossible for the dealer to track your overall spend in a series of linked transactions.

For example, I suspect a dealer would not be meeting their obligations if anyone could purchase a £600 tube of silver Britannias every day for a year without anything being recorded.

But that's just what I think - I expect @LawrenceChard is the most knowledgeable on what's actually required :D 

True, maybe our resident expert on that will chime in :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

They'd be dodgy if they didn't record your personal data as that's surely a legal requirement?

Don’t need to for orders under 5k in a single purchase or 10k per year,  at least that’s my understanding. I imagine most websites would keep all your details for marketing purposes even if not required for “KYC” 

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, timsk said:

Hi Gruff,

I thought I'd see if I get comments on here from members with questions like yours and then get back to Tavex with any follow up questions. Good point - worth checking!

I've guinea pigged myself. I'll let you know how smooth the transaction is. I'll report back once I've received the goods and tested them with my trusty Sigma :) 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

35 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Don’t need to for orders under 5k in a single purchase or 10k per year,  at least that’s my understanding. I imagine most websites would keep all your details for marketing purposes even if not required for “KYC” 

How would you expect them to tell if you've spent more than 10k in a year if they have no record of earlier purchases? :) 

53 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I've guinea pigged myself. I'll let you know how smooth the transaction is. I'll report back once I've received the goods and tested them with my trusty Sigma :) 

Nice one Gruff,

May I ask what you bought? (Tell me to MYOB - I'm a nosy so 'n so at the best of times!)

5 minutes ago, timsk said:

Nice one Gruff,

May I ask what you bought? (Tell me to MYOB - I'm a nosy so 'n so at the best of times!)

Bought 20 Brits. Don't really have the money but I caught it at just about bang on £23/oz

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

You are quite right.

The 10K in any rolling 12 months could be quite onerous for any dealer with manual systems, but it is a legal requirement.

Chards

55 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

How would you expect them to tell if you've spent more than 10k in a year if they have no record of earlier purchases? :) 

Very good point but personally I would prefer they used their memory 😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Very good point but personally I would prefer they used their memory 😁

Unfortunately that wouldn't stand in court. But it would be funny to see. 
"Um your honour... if I remember correctly.... " :D 

11 minutes ago, timsk said:

Nice one Gruff,

Recently bought a similar amount as gruff, must say was relatively surprised at how smooth it went, brits arrived next day. I was quite sceptical in the beginning but all appears to be fine

On 22/12/2021 at 10:23, paulmerton said:

Silver prices being shown as including VAT, but then adding even more VAT in the checkout? Confusing...

The VAT shown is for information only and is included within the basket price total shown.

(It is quite common to do this, on a number of e-commence sites inside and outside UK)>

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

2 minutes ago, Coverte said:

The VAT shown is for information only and is included within the basket price total shown.

(It is quite common to do this, on a number of e-commence sites inside and outside UK)>

Well I must admit, I don't understand that explanation at all :D 

This is what I'm seeing and it doesn't make sense to me:

image.png.ec6fe4494ce9beb34ac001843abc6eb6.png ..... image.png.30e3e13f38c6e30042e9a6b568f2a959.png

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I suspect HMRC might be unimpressed!

Yes indeed, those humourless people!

On 22/12/2021 at 10:22, GBStacking said:

Can only find 4 reviews for them on Trustpilot, the earliest is from 26th of November this year, also shows a 4 star rating overall, but all 4 reviews are 5 star!?. May just be a very new company so i do not wish to level any criticism unfairly, but from my personal perspective i would like to see more to back the company up, especially as people have said, the prices are looking somewhat "keen". For what it's worth as well, the address comes back to a serviced office, so probably isn't a place where you can purchase over the counter.

Would be interested to know if people do take the plunge and order from them.

I’ve just purchased a 5g gold bar from them. Arrivés via SD so will let you know what the outcome is. And yes, paid via CC so covered just in case. Their prices are WAY cheaper than most dealers….let’s see.

On 22/12/2021 at 10:22, MartinB said:

Is this for real?

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/silver/1oz-australian-kangaroo-silver-coin/

I know that already someone asked about this dealer but I can't see any response in this matter. 

I haven't bought from them yet but I am generally familiar with their brand. I am sure I was checking their various European sites many times for some good deals and although I have not made any transaction with them, I had never any impression that something wouldn't be right with this company. 

You can check their .eu site for additional background information on their history and operations. You can also check e.g. Trustpilot ratings for their Tavex.dk Danish operation, google reviews for Swedish tavex.se branch, etc., there's a lot of feedback, arguably generally positive one.

• Founder & Administrator

Please do try to keep this topic for sharing deals, as it’s easier for members searching for deals to see.

Please feel free to start separate topics in the other sections of the forum for more in-depth discussions :) 

Thanks in advance for helping to keep the forum tidy for everyone. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

3 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

. . .Please feel free to start separate topics in the other sections of the forum for more in-depth discussions :) . . .

Apologies Chris - I'm largely responsible for the off topic Tavex stuff! If the forum has a naughty step - send me to it!

I wonder, Is there any merit in you (or one of the Mods) starting a bespoke Tavex Bullion thread and moving relevant posts from here to the new thread? I ask as I'm wanting the discussion to continue and hope that those who've made purchases will post feedback which will inform others about the merits - or otherwise - of dealing with them.

Cheers. 😉 

5 minutes ago, matt1r said:

Chards have various 1oz minty silver bullion in stock from £24.31 which seems reasonable.

You've written that wrong... surely it should read: "Chards had various 1oz minty silver bullion in stock from £24.31, which seemed reasonable" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You've written that wrong... surely it should read: "Chards had various 1oz minty silver bullion in stock from £24.31, which seemed reasonable" :lol:

There are still some very good offers of silver 999 on forum from £20.21/oz to £20.83/oz, with SD included. More than reasonable.😊

25 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Where about?

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56319-1-kilo-999-silver-bar-sempsa-vintage-bullion-condition/?tab=comments#comment-584805

£650, SD included is £0.65/g x 31.103g/oz = £20.21/oz delivered.

Another very good deal is this:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56484-consecutive-number-1kg-silver-bars-£660-christmasnew-year-special/?tab=comments#comment-587044

£660 + £10 shipping = £670 which is £0.67/g x 31.103g/oz = £20.83/oz delivered.

Edited by stefffana