• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

4 hours ago, Metridio said:

Following on from the similar deal on the Gold Deals page this seems a great price for 1oz Brits from a dealer. Currently £22.96 /oz (Inc Vat) +P/P. Hopefully puts a little bit of pressure on some other UK dealers pricing for silver coins. 

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/silver/1-oz-british-britannia-silver-coin-tavex-uk-london/

Do you know what year they are? 

On 18/12/2021 at 20:23, Metridio said:

Following on from the similar deal on the Gold Deals page this seems a great price for 1oz Brits from a dealer. Currently £22.96 /oz (Inc Vat) +P/P. Hopefully puts a little bit of pressure on some other UK dealers pricing for silver coins. 

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/silver/1-oz-british-britannia-silver-coin-tavex-uk-london/

Thanks.

Edited by Impreg

The year appears to be 2021. Clearly it's either 2021 or 2022 because of the updated design with the security features. The price is fantastic, almost too good to be true, which prompts the question: is Tavex Bullion a legit firm? Have any members dealt with them - can anyone vouch for them? 

Last week I tried to buy a 1oz silver Brittannia on eBay and bid £16.00 - thinking it was a fake. I actually wanted a fake so I can compare it to the real thing bought from The Royal Mint the week before. Anyway, I was outbid. The final price was £30.00 + £2.99 P&P! So, I assume the coin was genuine but, even so, why would anyone pay almost £33.00 when they can get the same coin for £10.00 less (+P&P)? This is why I smell a rat!

Edited by timsk
Added para

Just now, paulmerton said:

Yes, I'd expect it to be 7.5g of 999 silver. The description is a bit clumsy to say it's silver plated, but it also says the base metal is 999 silver.

Yes it should be but either way a great little present for my nephew at that price 🙏

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Yes, I'd expect it to be 7.5g of 999 silver. The description is a bit clumsy to say it's silver plated, but it also says the base metal is 999 silver.

why do you expect it to be 7.5g if its 32mm, would be very thin 🤓

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 minutes ago, Petra said:

None left order only

I ordered 9 for the free delivery, if they turn up as silver plated they will be going back, thats if they turn up at all 😂

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

49 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Is this for real?

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/silver/1oz-australian-kangaroo-silver-coin/

I know that already someone asked about this dealer but I can't see any response in this matter. 

Hi Martin,

I'm one of the people interested in this company - specifically the 'Christmas Offer' on the silver 1 oz Britannia. I think the reason why the response about Tavex is negligible (and forum searches and wider searches online reveal so little) - is that they've not been operating in the U.K. for very long. They claim to be Europe's largest bullion dealer and appear to have been trading (in mainland Europe) for 20 years. My feeling thus far is that they're probably kosher, but tread very carefully. Caveat emptor and all that! I've e-mailed them with a long list of detailed questions - so I'll update the thread if I get a reply with info' other members might find useful. 

Can only find 4 reviews for them on Trustpilot, the earliest is from 26th of November this year, also shows a 4 star rating overall, but all 4 reviews are 5 star!?. May just be a very new company so i do not wish to level any criticism unfairly, but from my personal perspective i would like to see more to back the company up, especially as people have said, the prices are looking somewhat "keen". For what it's worth as well, the address comes back to a serviced office, so probably isn't a place where you can purchase over the counter.

Would be interested to know if people do take the plunge and order from them.

1 minute ago, timsk said:

Hi Martin,

I'm one of the people interested in this company - specifically the 'Christmas Offer' on the silver 1 oz Britannia. I think the reason why the response about Tavex is negligible (and forum searches and wider searches online reveal so little) - is that they've not been operating in the U.K. for very long. They claim to be Europe's largest bullion dealer and appear to have been trading (in mainland Europe) for 20 years. My feeling thus far is that they're probably kosher, but tread very carefully. Caveat emptor and all that! I've e-mailed them with a long list of detailed questions - so I'll update the thread if I get a reply with info' other members might find useful. 

Pay by credit card and there's not really much risk in the worst case? Personally I wouldn't consider buying anything until they fix their website - Silver prices being shown as including VAT, but then adding even more VAT in the checkout? Confusing...

On 22/12/2021 at 10:18, timsk said:

. . . I've e-mailed them with a long list of detailed questions - so I'll update the thread if I get a reply with info' other members might find useful. 

Further to my earlier post, I've received a reply to my list of questions. The English isn't great, but I suspect this is because English isn't the first language of Priit Rinken (who replied and is Tavex's 'Country Manager'). So, I'm not concerned about that. My list of questions is in black type and the reply from Tavex follows in blue type. Any comments about what they say - or don't say - are welcome.

Subject: Prospective Customer Enquiry Re. 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin

Hi Tavex,

I'm looking to make an investment of up to £---- in silver bullion coins and have seen your 'Christmas Offer' for the 1oz Britannia. With this in mind, I'd be grateful if you could answer the following questions please . . .

1. The listing on your website shows an image of the 2021 coin - is this the year that you're selling (as opposed to earlier years or the current 2022 edition)?
2. Is there an end date for this offer? The reason I'm asking is that - as best as I'm able - I want to try and time my purchase in line with the best silver spot price.
3. Are the coins for sale brand new (presumably sourced from The Royal Mint?) or via the second hand market?
4. If they're second hand, what assurances can you provide that the odd rogue (i.e. fake) coin won't be included? Just to be clear, I'm not casting aspersions upon the professionalism or integrity of Tavex - I'm merely conducting due diligence as I've not dealt with you before.
5. What personal details will you record if I decide to purchase from Tavex?
6. My concern - and the reason for asking the question - is security. I'm a Luddite when it comes to IT but, if I was a hacker, I'd be after your customer database! Needless to say, the consequences of that getting into the wrong hands doesn't bear thinking about. So, if you record personal info', what assurances can you provide that the data is safe?
7. If I buy a quantity of coins, are you able to offer any additional discount in price on top of the Christmas offer?
8. Additionally, would you be able to supply the coins in tubes rather than individual capsules and, if this incurs any additional cost, please indicate the amount?
9. Can you deliver to an address other than my home address - e.g. a Post Office local to me - so I can collect the parcel from there?
10. Please provide a quote for any additional costs over and above the price listed on your website. Specifically, I'm thinking of P&P?
11. Does the price remain the same regardless of payment method? I ask as some companies add on a surcharge for payment made via debit and credit cards.
12. My impression is that Tavex hasn't been operating in the U.K. for very long and online searches reveal very little information about the company. Trustpilot reviews are positive - but there are only 4 of them. Are you able to provide testimonials from reputable U.K. sources willing to vouch for you? Again, I'm not casting aspersions upon your professionalism or integrity - I'm merely conducting due diligence such that I would rather ask awkward questions now rather than regret not asking them when it's too late. I hope you understand!

I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.
Kind regards,

Dear -----

Thank you for the query and the second attempt of contact on the website. For some reason your request was sorted into the spam folder. I will answer all your questions below.

1. The coins are 2021. There is a chance that we might need to replace some of them with 2022 coins as well.
  2. At current situation the promotion will run until the end of the year.
  3. The coins are brand new from Royal Mint. They will be shipped in original tubes.
  4. Tavex has been in business for 30 years and we always do thorough checks  on the bullion we buy back.. However on the UK market we are currently only selling brand new produicts directly from the  factory.
  5. We will record full name, date of birth,  phone nr, residential address and persons residency. The order is only handed over to the person who made the payment  either by card or transfer.
  6. Our website by itself does not store any personal information. The information is stored in secured databases which are only accessible from very limited locations. Although not regulated by the FCA in the UK, most of our subsidiaries are regulated by local equal institutions and as our platform is developed centrally, it is in copliance with the strictest rules. We have some very smart people working on that.
  7. Currently I am unable to improve the price even further as it is already significantly reduced.
  8. Yes, that’s how they come. No extra cost.
  9. The parcels are sent with signed for delivery. That mean they will attempt an home delivery and if they don’t reach anyone, it will be made available to collect at the closest post office. I hope this works.
  10. There is just the 5£ standard delivery fee. All else is included in the price.
  11. The price stays the same, but we would prefer a bank transfer. There will an option for Trustly direct bank transfers available in coming days as well.
  12. This is true. We launced our website in UK  only in November and we are hard at work to gain customers trust. You can check out our sister companies trustpilot pages and know our standard in the UK is rather higher than lower than there. Also our group audited annual reports are available in the public domain. Hopefully the rather large volumes we process help you put your trust in us. We also encourage new customers to place initially smaller test orders to get a feel of the service and products.

Please accept once again my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. If you have any additional questions feel free to reach out.

Kind regards,

Edited by timsk

5 minutes ago, timsk said:

Further to my earlier post, I've received a reply to my list of questions. The English isn't great, but I suspect this is because English isn't the first language of Priit Rinken (who replied and is one of Tavex's diectors). So, I'm not concerned about that. My list of questions is in black type and the reply from Tavex follows in blue type. Any comments about what they say - or don't say - are welcome.

Subject: Prospective Customer Enquiry Re. 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin

Hi Tavex,
I'm looking to make an investment of up to £---- in silver bullion coins and have seen your 'Christmas Offer' for the 1oz Britannia. With this in mind, I'd be grateful if you could answer the following questions please . . .

1. The listing on your website shows an image of the 2021 coin - is this the year that you're selling (as opposed to earlier years or the current 2022 edition)?
2. Is there an end date for this offer? The reason I'm asking is that - as best as I'm able - I want to try and time my purchase in line with the best silver spot price.
3. Are the coins for sale brand new (presumably sourced from The Royal Mint?) or via the second hand market?
4. If they're second hand, what assurances can you provide that the odd rogue (i.e. fake) coin won't be included? Just to be clear, I'm not casting aspersions upon the professionalism or integrity of Tavex - I'm merely conducting due diligence as I've not dealt with you before.
5. What personal details will you record if I decide to purchase from Tavex?
6. My concern - and the reason for asking the question - is security. I'm a Luddite when it comes to IT but, if I was a hacker, I'd be after your customer database! Needless to say, the consequences of that getting into the wrong hands doesn't bear thinking about. So, if you record personal info', what assurances can you provide that the data is safe?
7. If I buy a quantity of coins, are you able to offer any additional discount in price on top of the Christmas offer?
8. Additionally, would you be able to supply the coins in tubes rather than individual capsules and, if this incurs any additional cost, please indicate the amount?
9. Can you deliver to an address other than my home address - e.g. a Post Office local to me - so I can collect the parcel from there?
10. Please provide a quote for any additional costs over and above the price listed on your website. Specifically, I'm thinking of P&P?
11. Does the price remain the same regardless of payment method? I ask as some companies add on a surcharge for payment made via debit and credit cards.
12. My impression is that Tavex hasn't been operating in the U.K. for very long and online searches reveal very little information about the company. Trustpilot reviews are positive - but there are only 4 of them. Are you able to provide testimonials from reputable U.K. sources willing to vouch for you? Again, I'm not casting aspersions upon your professionalism or integrity - I'm merely conducting due diligence such that I would rather ask awkward questions now rather than regret not asking them when it's too late. I hope you understand!

I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.
Kind regards,

Dear -----

Thank you for the query and the second attempt of contact on the website. For some reason your request was sorted into the spam folder. I will answer all your questions below.

1. The coins are 2021. There is a chance that we might need to replace some of them with 2022 coins as well.
  2. At current situation the promotion will run until the end of the year.
  3. The coins are brand new from Royal Mint. They will be shipped in original tubes.
  4. Tavex has been in business for 30 years and we always do thorough checks  on the bullion we buy back.. However on the UK market we are currently only selling brand new produicts directly from the  factory.
  5. We will record full name, date of birth,  phone nr, residential address and persons residency. The order is only handed over to the person who made the payment  either by card or transfer.
  6. Our website by itself does not store any personal information. The information is stored in secured databases which are only accessible from very limited locations. Although not regulated by the FCA in the UK, most of our subsidiaries are regulated by local equal institutions and as our platform is developed centrally, it is in copliance with the strictest rules. We have some very smart people working on that.
  7. Currently I am unable to improve the price even further as it is already significantly reduced.
  8. Yes, that’s how they come. No extra cost.
  9. The parcels are sent with signed for delivery. That mean they will attempt an home delivery and if they don’t reach anyone, it will be made available to collect at the closest post office. I hope this works.
  10. There is just the 5£ standard delivery fee. All else is included in the price.
  11. The price stays the same, but we would prefer a bank transfer. There will an option for Trustly direct bank transfers available in coming days as well.
  12. This is true. We launced our website in UK  only in November and we are hard at work to gain customers trust. You can check out our sister companies trustpilot pages and know our standard in the UK is rather higher than lower than there. Also our group audited annual reports are available in the public domain. Hopefully the rather large volumes we process help you put your trust in us. We also encourage new customers to place initially smaller test orders to get a feel of the service and products.

Please accept once again my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. If you have any additional questions feel free to reach out.

Kind regards,

Looks overall positive! Thanks for sharing the response. I assume as they are EU based they will need to be GDPR compliant with data security and integrity. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Looks overall positive! Thanks for sharing the response. I assume as they are EU based they will need to be GDPR compliant with data security and integrity. 

Hi Gruff,

I thought I'd see if I get comments on here from members with questions like yours and then get back to Tavex with any follow up questions. Good point - worth checking!

7 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They'd be dodgy if they didn't record your personal data as that's surely a legal requirement?

You thinking of the KYC requirements?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

Something like that. I'd have though they would have to keep a record of it all for 5 years to meet anti-money laundering obligations.

Agreed! I've just checked the gov website for the limit, appears to be 10,000 Euros

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/money-laundering-regulations-your-responsibilities