• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

On 31/10/2021 at 11:46, James32 said:

If I hypothetically had 😁 a 100oz bar that say cost (£2200) and I hold for 5-10 years and the price doubles (trying to be conservative) the I can either A, sell direct to a dealer for a 30% loss which is still a 70% increase on original purchase price.

Assuming the 30% loss is the dealers premium and VAT. You buy a 100oz bar for £2200, it doubles in 5-10 years so now £4400 to buy from dealer. You sell to dealer -30% = £3080 = 40% profit in nominal terms. Meanwhile everything else has doubled in price 🤨

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Assuming the 30% loss is the dealers premium and VAT. You buy a 100oz bar for £2200, it doubles in 5-10 years so now £4400 to buy from dealer. You sell to dealer -30% = £3080 = 40% profit in nominal terms. Meanwhile everything else has doubled in price 🤨

That logic goes for any bar being sold to dealer though.

I'd never sell silver back to dealer unless really desperate,  but even then I'm pretty certain that if I offered up a 100oz or a 1000oz bar at spot or slightly under on here, then someone will come knocking.

All this is hypothetical and you either like big bars or you don't (I do) and yes I will loose out on some premium in the future but then again at the time of buying (I saved quite a bit on premium too) 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

30 minutes ago, James32 said:

That logic goes for any bar being sold to dealer though.

I'd never sell silver back to dealer unless really desperate,  but even then I'm pretty certain that if I offered up a 100oz or a 1000oz bar at spot or slightly under on here, then someone will come knocking.

All this is hypothetical and you either like big bars or you don't (I do) and yes I will loose out on some premium in the future but then again at the time of buying (I saved quite a bit on premium too) 😁

Silver bars at spot on here will sell.    Even 100 oz’ers.    Very quickly 

20 minutes ago, CANV said:

Silver bars at spot on here will sell.    Even 100 oz’ers.    Very quickly 

Are there any silver bars at spot? lol

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

15 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Are there any silver bars at spot? lol

🤣🤣 not at todays spot price!! In the future though.....just can't say if it's 5 years or 50 anymore lol

ignore... it's sold sorry

Edited by ArgentSmith

This is scary !!!

In the gold section today @LawrenceChard provided a link to AliExpress.
I just took a cursory look and was utterly shocked to see that you could buy 30 popular silver ounce coins but fakes - AND NON MAGNETIC - for less than £2 a pop.
Surely eBay will need to deal with scheisters listing these starting at £20 with a disclaimer that they don't know if the coin is genuine or not ...

Same goes for bars and gold coins

338507327_Screenshot2021-11-05at18_22_36.thumb.png.1e6727ce93430285ccae9f74c16c1b26.png

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is scary !!!

I just took a cursory look and was utterly shocked to see that you could buy 30 popular silver ounce coins but fakes - AND NON MAGNETIC - for less than £2 a pop.
Surely eBay will need to deal with scheisters listing these starting at £20 with a disclaimer that they don't know if the coin is genuine or not ...

I have been mentioning shysters and small-time fraudsters on ebay for years now.

They almost always follow a pattern that they were given or acquired these coins, and don't know much about coins, and whether they are genuine or not, but then they go on to describe and list most of the attributes of genuine coins. In short, they are all playing dumb, but they are nowhere near as dumb as the people who buy them, thinking or hoping they have got a bargain.

I am convinced that ebay know very wel what is being sold on their site, are happy to take the listing fees and selling fees, and do not care one iota about the "punters" who are getting ripped off day after day. Sometimes ebay might have to reimburse buyers, but often will recover this from the sellers.

Ebay is just another of the vast multinational corporations making fat profits, while putting out propaganda saying they take customer safety very seriously, and similar with copyright and intellectual property rights. It seems that the media are happy to comply with this deceit because they get to run "news" stories about "rare" £2 and 50p coins "selling for hundreds or thousands of pounds.

In my opinion ebay is a four letter word. 😎

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I have been mentioning shysters and small-time fraudsters on ebay for years now.

They almost always follow a pattern that they were given or acquired these coins, and don't know much about coins, and whether they are genuine or not, but then they go on to describe and list most of the attributes of genuine coins. In short, they are all playing dumb, but they are nowhere near as dumb as the people who buy them, thinking or hoping they have got a bargain.

I am convinced that ebay know very wel what is being sold on their site, are happy to take the listing fees and selling fees, and do not care one iota about the "punters" who are getting ripped off day after day. Sometimes ebay might have to reimburse buyers, but often will recover this from the sellers.

Ebay is just another of the vast multinational corporations making fat profits, while putting out propaganda saying they take customer safety very seriously, and similar with copyright and intellectual property rights. It seems that the media are happy to comply with this deceit because they get to run "news" stories about "rare" £2 and 50p coins "selling for hundreds or thousands of pounds.

In my opinion ebay is a four letter word. 😎

Do you mean Funt? Or Runt?

Please can anyone tell me why tubes of mixed date coins are cheaper than same date tubes of silver coins ??  I have tried to find out on the net but could not find anything.. RE prices mixed date coins Many thanks

Edited by Sophie

24 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Please can anyone tell me why tubes of mixed date coins are cheaper than same date tubes of silver coins ??  I have tried to find out on the net but could not find anything.. RE prices mixed date coins Many thanks

Probably because they're more likely to be handled with people buying a few here and a few there where as with a tube of single dates they would have most likely been bought as a single tube and kept in the tube and not handled.

7 minutes ago, morezone said:

Probably because they're more likely to be handled with people buying a few here and a few there where as with a tube of single dates they would have most likely been bought as a single tube and kept in the tube and not handled.

Took the words right out of my mouth 👍👍👍

33 minutes ago, Sophie said:

It means the dealer can offer you the cheapest ones they have, or the ones they want to get rid of quickest.

I doubt a tube would contains mixed dates - they would probably all be the same date, you just don't get to choose what that date is. Sometimes you might even get the current year if that's all they have in stock!

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Where are these cheap tubes? Are they brits?

I really don't mind what the date on them is...just the silver content! When it comes to buying bullion Britannia's, you care rest assure the mint has already "handled" them enough even in mint sealed new tubes 😅

Edited by SilverDrum

78av.gif

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Many times it are coins that are already sold and later bought back but who are still in a good conditions so they can still be sold as BU coins.

Having received an email today from Atkinsons I was excited about the opportunity to continue my date run sets with the 2022 Kookaburra and the Lunar Tiger.
Then I checked prices on GS.be and even adding in 20% VAT and expensive shipping ( got to built up an order for say 10 ounces but that's easy ! ) I am very dismayed at the Atkinsons margins - are they trying it on ? I just bought a couple of other coins from them so why the excessive premiums ?

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Having received an email today from Atkinsons I was excited about the opportunity to continue my date run sets with the 2022 Kookaburra and the Lunar Tiger.
Then I checked prices on GS.be and even adding in 20% VAT and expensive shipping ( got to built up an order for say 10 ounces but that's easy ! ) I am very dismayed at the Atkinsons margins - are they trying it on ? I just bought a couple of other coins from them so why the excessive premiums ?

Just seen that earlier also.

£35.45 an oz??? Yeah they can stick them birds back in the eggs as far as I'm concerned 😟 

On 08/11/2021 at 19:53, Pete said:

www.goldsilver.be is just the cheapest online shop with the best service ! I see as an example the coins from Europa Bullion at a cheaper price on goldsilver.be ??

I hope the buyer of this coin wasn't half asleep when he made his / her bid.
I thought "WTF" - a real bargain until you read the small print or closely examine the photo.

Okay nothing hidden - but no mention of 1/10th ounce in the title.
An easy trap to fall in to.

1061692761_Screenshot2021-11-12at15_01_38.thumb.png.b3b1702fb1351019064a73d2288d8321.png

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

I thought "WTF" - a real bargain until you read the small print or closely examine the photo.

1061692761_Screenshot2021-11-12at15_01_38.thumb.png.b3b1702fb1351019064a73d2288d8321.png

F*ckers... that always riles me. People conning others. We get butt f*cked enough by govt and banksters, we don't need it from the common man/woman. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

47 minutes ago, Pete said:

They sell tubes of 16 on ebay for £149 too.

And people buy ffs. 

Quite expensive way of getting 1.6ozs

On 05/11/2021 at 18:28, Pete said:

This is scary !!!

Judging by this feedback, one might suspect some people are buying these with the intent to sell: 

Happy with seller and product! Coin looks graet, but is only around 20g weight. This is not very realistic, as 1oz is 31g.

What scallywags some people are ............ :wub:

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.