• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

9 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

I plug them every now and then for their bars as they work out reasonably priced even after VAT. The 500g cast bar works out at £23.41 per ounce at the time of this post.

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/500g-silver-cast-bar

Looks good. Some of the wss lot would be interested in those if they're still available on the 5th of November lol. 

20 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

I plug them every now and then for their bars as they work out reasonably priced even after VAT. The 500g cast bar works out at £23.41 per ounce at the time of this post.

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/500g-silver-cast-bar

Baird are hard to beat on bars (dealer wise)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

Baird are hard to beat on bars (dealer wise)

Go for a kilo and it's a pound less an oz. I think that's competitive with most vendors of any type plus these are newly made usually. Obviously as the weight goes up so does the postage cost but then that's true of anywhere. Unless you collect yourself of course.

2 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Go for a kilo and it's a pound less an oz. I think that's competitive with most vendors of any type plus these are newly made usually. Obviously as the weight goes up so does the postage cost but then that's true of anywhere. Unless you collect yourself of course.

Yeah I've purchased a few bars from them in the last 6-12 months before I found this site and always been satisfied on price.

Their 100ozers are quite something lol.

8 hours ago, James32 said:

Yeah I've purchased a few bars from them in the last 6-12 months before I found this site and always been satisfied on price.

Their 100ozers are quite something lol.

I'd love to have one but thinking on when/how to sell it is what keeping me from buying one 😅

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

38 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

I'd love to have one but thinking on when/how to sell it is what keeping me from buying one 😅

There's silver all over the sale room on here, none is easy to sell to breakeven at the moment. Big bars are a bit a niche market I think. 

2 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

True but if you hold long term then,it will hopefully get to a stage where you can afford to undercut the going rate to entice a buyer.

1 hour ago, Mtaybar said:

There's silver all over the sale room on here, none is easy to sell to breakeven at the moment. Big bars are a bit a niche market I think. 

Very true. Everything has been selling very slowly lately on here (could be to do with the Christmas coming up) 

Just now, James32 said:

True but if you hold long term then,it will hopefully get to a stage where you can afford to undercut the going rate to entice a buyer.

Yeah. That's what I think I'll have to do. I'd rather hold longer term then to lose right now. I'd happily break even because by the time you add on all the little bits like the subscription to sell on here (as little as it is) postage items to send, then take a bit of a hit on postage itself ect.... it all adds up and any profit you may have had in mind is gone lol. To sell at any higher price is pricing yourself out. 

It's a buyer's market here. Not really a place to sell unless you need to. I'm just trying to build up a positive reputation as a seller for any future sale I might need to make in a hurry. I can hopefully get a fair price with people willing to trust that I'm selling what I say I'm selling. That's the whole point of this forum. It's just flooded at the moment 🤣

2 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

I absolutely agree!

I stack for silver content first, then collection but buying a full on 100oz is too clunky to sell off. I say this factoring into account (for example) Mike Maloney's conservative price predictions. Plus, anything over triple digits down the line (inflation adjusetd or not) would make the bar worth 10K+, making it way harder to liquidate, an even smaller niche. 

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

2 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

I absolutely agree!

I stack for silver content first, then collection but buying a full on 100oz is too clunky to sell off. I say this factoring into account (for example) Mike Maloney's conservative price predictions. Plus, anything over triple digits down the line (inflation adjusetd or not) would make the bar worth 10K+, making it way harder to liquidate, an even smaller niche. 

I humbly disagree, 

If I hypothetically had 😁 a 100oz bar that say cost (£2200) and I hold for 5-10 years and the price doubles (trying to be conservative) the I can either A, sell direct to a dealer for a 30% loss which is still a 70% increase on original purchase price.

Or B, or if I'm struggling to sell direct to my fellow collectors ( which if its priced highly competitively I doubt I will) then I will just cut the bigger bar into three and sell just over a kilo each.

Here's a future example today, silver spot is at £25 and we are realistically paying around £28-£29 per oz in uk, the I rock up on the forum with a 100oz bar priced at £2600 ,I'm pretty sure someone is snapping my hand off.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

I humbly disagree, 

If I hypothetically had 😁 a 100oz bar that say cost (£2200) and I hold for 5-10 years and the price doubles (trying to be conservative) the I can either A, sell direct to a dealer for a 30% loss which is still a 70% increase on original purchase price.

Or B, or if I'm struggling to sell direct to my fellow collectors ( which if its priced highly competitively I doubt I will) then I will just cut the bigger bar into three and sell just over a kilo each.

Here's a future example today, silver spot is at £25 and we are realistically paying around £28-£29 per oz in uk, the I rock up on the forum with a 100oz bar priced at £2600 ,I'm pretty sure someone is snapping my hand off.

You forget there will be 200 odd others trying to sell, if it’s 100oz bar or a kg uncut bar most would buy the latter.

1 minute ago, TommyTwoShots said:

You forget there will be 200 odd others trying to sell, if it’s 100oz bar or a kg uncut bar most would buy the latter.

Why?? At the stage I'm talking about silver will be a trading tool not a collection piece. 

Now dont get me wrong but right now I'm in it for the long haul and in 20 years I doubt (unless big changes in the world) that we will all still be waiting for the next release from the royal mint lol.

Silver and gold will be a whole different entity for those lucky enough to hold some.

I agree right now if a 100oz bar v 100 ×1oz coins are put for sale the the coins sell first every day of the week but does everyone believe that in the future everything will be miraculously traded for exactly 1oz at a time???? Even your smaller bars and coins will have to be clipped or cut down (unless your a philanthropist lol)

And finally if silver reaches the heights most of us hope then I'm pretty sure there will be a pop up business in every town who can smelt for me to desired sizes.

All this is subjective and very speculative.

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Why?? At the stage I'm talking about silver will be a trading tool not a collection piece. 

Now dont get me wrong but right now I'm in it for the long haul and in 20 years I doubt (unless big changes in the world) that we will all still be waiting for the next release from the royal mint lol.

Silver and gold will be a whole different entity for those lucky enough to hold some.

I agree right now if a 100oz bar v 100 ×1oz coins are put for sale the the coins sell first every day of the week but does everyone believe that in the future everything will be miraculously traded for exactly 1oz at a time???? Even your smaller bars and coins will have to be clipped or cut down (unless your a philanthropist lol)

And finally if silver reaches the heights most of us hope then I'm pretty sure there will be a pop up business in every town who can smelt for me to desired sizes.

All this is subjective and very speculative.

Absolutely, subjectivity is rife in the silver game. I don’t think it will ever be a trading tool though.

1 minute ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Absolutely, subjectivity is rife in the silver game. I don’t think it will ever be a trading tool though.

I hope not, (not sure I want to be a part of that world whatever it may look like) lol

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

I hope not, (not sure I want to be a part of that world whatever it may look like) lol

Indeed, silver will remain an industrial and lesser investment tool. Sadly I suspect it’s price will remain around 20-40 mark forever.

* I have just realised this is the wrong part of the forum for this discussion apologies. 

Edited by TommyTwoShots

On 31/10/2021 at 11:46, James32 said:

I humbly disagree, 

Really depends on the market at the time. I see lots of silver on the forum for sale, tubes of Britannias, Kangaroos etc for ~£24 a coin taking a very long time to shift, and here we're talking about a ~£600 purchase. When you inflate that 4-5x your potential audience goes right down.

Option A would look like the only option at that point, but that being said, refiners like Baird would always happily buy your silver so if you can make 70% from them...that's just dandy.