• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

7 hours ago, Woodsy said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vanuatu-1994-Silver-Proof-50-Vatu-Coin-Queen-Victoria-with-COA-Card/254375797174?hash=item3b39faa1b6:g:uJEAAOSwzwxdkyms

Contains 29.11grams of 99.99 silver, which would be about 2.5% above spot. Postage is quite cheap at £2.99. I already own one, otherwise I would have dabbled.

That's .925 silver not .999

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Coin weight 31.47grams @ .925 silver is equal to 29.11grams of pure Silver or .999 👍

Not being argumentative but do you think the .925 is actually that percentage of spot.  Seems like what I see on buys prices is that it ends up being (wrongly or rightly) a little bit undervalued.  Almost like the way Gold is to silver.  Little brother complex.  Happy to be shouted down on this one - appreciate the views of more experienced stackers.

8 minutes ago, vacancies said:

Not being argumentative but do you think the .925 is actually that percentage of spot.  Seems like what I see on buys prices is that it ends up being (wrongly or rightly) a little bit undervalued.  Almost like the way Gold is to silver.  Little brother complex.  Happy to be shouted down on this one - appreciate the views of more experienced stackers.

I’m not shouting anyone down, merely pointing out a good deal. The silver content of the coin and the current spot price being £21.02, makes the silver value £19.67. With the price of the coin at £19.99, that puts it just 1.6% above spot. 

13 minutes ago, vacancies said:

If selling to a dealer then yes, they will often pay a good percentage under spot for Sterling as they'll count it as scrap in a lot of cases. Bullion By Post for instance will as of right now give you 55p/gram for .925 scrap when 92.5% of spot should be a spit under 63p/gram. Interestingly they're offering a couple of pence per Troy ounce over spot for recognised .999 coins.

That said a private buyer will often pay more than the dealers for Sterling and lesser silver content items for various reasons, especially if they are good condition proof coins etc. Just look at the premiums on the more popular piedfort proof £1's. From my observations there seems to be a mentality amongst a lot of silver buyers of "silver is silver" with a view to stacking the weight even if not pure with an eye on a big jump in intrinsic value. This way it's easier to justify paying the price for equivalent pure silver weight on things that a dealer would not. In my opinion 😁

2 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

If selling to a dealer then yes, they will often pay a good percentage under spot for Sterling as they'll count it as scrap in a lot of cases. Bullion By Post for instance will as of right now give you 55p/gram for .925 scrap when 92.5% of spot should be a spit under 63p/gram. Interestingly they're offering a couple of pence per Troy ounce over spot for recognised .999 coins.

That said a private buyer will often pay more than the dealers for Sterling and lesser silver content items for various reasons, especially if they are good condition proof coins etc. Just look at the premiums on the more popular piedfort proof £1's. From my observations there seems to be a mentality amongst a lot of silver buyers of "silver is silver" with a view to stacking the weight even if not pure with an eye on a big jump in intrinsic value. This way it's easier to justify paying the price for equivalent pure silver weight on things that a dealer would not. In my opinion 😁

I think you articulated better than me, what I was observing in some of the pricing and stacking approaches.  Im still baffled at the junk silver market especially in USA, where like you say its on weight and mass like a scrooge mcduck approach to filling the vault.  But anyway - I think we need to go find a deal each to make up for it as were probably debating on the wrong thread and dont want to discourage anyone sharing intel - so woodys apologies if it came across the wrong way.

10 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I’m not shouting anyone down, merely pointing out a good deal. The silver content of the coin and the current spot price being £21.02, makes the silver value £19.67. With the price of the coin at £19.99, that puts it just 1.6% above spot. 

If you add the £2.99 shipping, then the coin isn't really much of a bargain at around 10% over spot (at the time), for what is essentially a sterling silver round. 

42 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

If you add the £2.99 shipping, then the coin isn't really much of a bargain at around 10% over spot (at the time), for what is essentially a sterling silver round. 

For a silver coin/round, you're lucky to get any single coin for much under 20% without the shipping imo.

Bullion by Post, get a 1oz silver coin when spending over £250:

GW6U 9FFQ 

Head over to the C19 thread in the non-PM section and watch the video link I posted today if possible as that's where the code came from. Views and likes help these content creators 👌🏻

On 11/09/2020 at 10:10, Woodsy said:

For a silver coin/round, you're lucky to get any single coin for much under 20% without the shipping imo.

You need to know what you are looking for ;) 

On ebay in the last few days I have bought 15 coins  with a silver content of  8.68 ozt for £159 including shipping. 

Thats £18.32 an ozt or about 13% under spot.

Buying sterling silver, either flatware or coins under spot on ebay is easy. You just need to do your homework, stick to a max price and then be patient and wait for the auctions to be posted. .

2 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

You need to know what you are looking for ;) 

On ebay in the last few days I have bought 15 coins  with a silver content of  8.68 ozt for £159 including shipping. 

Thats £18.32 an ozt or about 13% under spot.

Buying sterling silver, either flatware or coins under spot on ebay is easy. You just need to do your homework, stick to a max price and then be patient and wait for the auctions to be posted. .

What's the exit plan with footwear and. 925. Is there demand, are you melting it down, what's the route up shift it?

Anyone noticed the massive price drop on the 10+ option for brits from the Royal mint? Makes them under £27 delivered a coin. Weird considering the RM are usually the most expensive by a mile. Error?

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/silver-coins/britannia-2020-1oz-silver-coin/

1 hour ago, Richiesilver said:

Anyone noticed the massive price drop on the 10+ option for brits from the Royal mint? Makes them under £27 delivered a coin. Weird considering the RM are usually the most expensive by a mile. Error?

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/silver-coins/britannia-2020-1oz-silver-coin/

Interesting, still cheaper elsewhere, but as you say normally the last place to get good value.

Looks like they are doing a promo with 25% off selected coin orders (PROMO CODE DSC333), when I added it to an order of 10+ britannia's it said the coupon had already been applied, so the Brits must be in the promo.

7 minutes ago, WILLIG666 said:

Interesting, still cheaper elsewhere, but as you say normally the last place to get good value.

Looks like they are doing a promo with 25% off selected coin orders (PROMO CODE DSC333), when I added it to an order of 10+ britannia's it said the coupon had already been applied, so the Brits must be in the promo.

Ive been trying to find cheaper than this can you give me the place to find cheaper cheers 

5 minutes ago, Peterheat said:

Ive been trying to find cheaper than this can you give me the place to find cheaper cheers 

To be fair RM with the current promo and free postage for 10 Brits at £265 is pretty good with spot at £21, you will pay 20--30% over spot from most places.

Normally use Eldorado coins, but spot has risen since my last order not too long ago and are £25.62 for 10+, they are still better value if ordering in bulk, UK delivery around £11.00 and ordered many times no issues.

15 minutes ago, WILLIG666 said:

To be fair RM with the current promo and free postage for 10 Brits at £265 is pretty good with spot at £21, you will pay 20--30% over spot from most places.

Normally use Eldorado coins, but spot has risen since my last order not too long ago and are £25.62 for 10+, they are still better value if ordering in bulk, UK delivery around £11.00 and ordered many times no issues.

thanks for that ill check them out ill probably order some off here too 

On 15/09/2020 at 20:47, vacancies said:

What's the exit plan with footwear and. 925. Is there demand, are you melting it down, what's the route up shift it?

Exit plan with the sterling flatware is four fold,

1. I have two local dealers who will buy at 80% of spot, (one I've got a good relationship with, I can probably get about 85% of spot). I can sell to these guys within an hour for cash in my hand.

2.A trip to the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter where I can get 88% of spot, but I have to factor in the petrol costs to get there

3. Offer it on here, probably at a fraction under spot 95%-100%

4. Go through the tedious route of ebay, and after faffing about with taking pictures, putting up the auction, paypal and ebay costs post office etc, I'd probably get between 95% and 120% of spot.

I'm currently buying at between 75% and 95% of spot, (never above), so I'll probably shift it all though my local dealers. I can work with a 10-15% buy /sell spread. Which is a much better spread than bullion coins in my opinion, which if being bought at say £26, is about 25% over spot, and dealers may give you 5% over spot if you are lucky, the coins are perfect, the heavens have aligned, and the dealer is in a good mood after getting his leg over.  Otherwise you'll get 95%-100% of spot at best, and you'll have to rely on selling here or on ebay to maximise your return. 

17 hours ago, Richiesilver said:

Looks pretty good deal that!