• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

Looking to buy my first bit of silver this week and build up.

where is the best place to buy, so far European mint seem ok for the prices, also silver has jumped up in price over the past months BUT the buying price is roughly the same why is this?

as it dropped earlier this year but was still selling with high premiums 

10 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

where is the best place to buy, so far European mint seem ok for the prices, also silver has jumped up in price over the past months BUT the buying price is roughly the same why is this?

This forum! You will be hard pressed to find cheaper Precious Metals than in the trade section here. 

You have to be quick to snap up the good deals, however by far the cheapest prices to be found.

You need to think about what kind of silver you’ll invest in. Pure bullion? My advice is look one rung up the ladder and check bullion with some kind of numismatic interest (The Royal Mint’s Queens Beast range for example), that way you have the numismatic premium growth as well as any bullion value. Especially pertinent if you’re interested in a medium to long term investment, in my humble opinion.

Enjoy!

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

1 hour ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

This forum! You will be hard pressed to find cheaper Precious Metals than in the trade section here. 

You have to be quick to snap up the good deals, however by far the cheapest prices to be found.

You need to think about what kind of silver you’ll invest in. Pure bullion? My advice is look one rung up the ladder and check bullion with some kind of numismatic interest (The Royal Mint’s Queens Beast range for example), that way you have the numismatic premium growth as well as any bullion value. Especially pertinent if you’re interested in a medium to long term investment, in my humble opinion.

Enjoy!

Yes it’s just to buy and hold for the long term see what happens with the economy and I will add silver ongoing.

i was looking at European mint as they don’t have VAT

2 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

Yes it’s just to buy and hold for the long term see what happens with the economy and I will add silver ongoing.

i was looking at European mint as they don’t have VAT

Yes, that and silvertogo, coininvest and goldsilver.be to mitigate VAT.

6 hours ago, Curtini said:

https://auragentum.de/1-kilogramm-silber-cook-islands-muenzbarren-gepraegt-aktuell

1Kg minted bar for ~£692, not sure if I'm missing something?

That looks right. They have little to no VAT paid on PMs, so cross referencing that to https://chards.co.uk and one fo their 1ky minted bars you're saving about £80. Perhaps their premiums are slightly lower as well?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

11 hours ago, vacancies said:

Yes, that and silvertogo, coininvest and goldsilver.be to mitigate V

11 hours ago, Martin1983 said:

Just had a look at them all thanks for that, i will by a few 1oz coins to start with probably the cheaper ones as it’s only to hedge against recession 

Helloo, going to buy some 1oz Britannia today, why such a large difference in price between these Sites when they are all 2020 Britannia’s??

19 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

Everyone on this forum

looks to me like European mint are the cheapest at the moment as no shipping costs 

what is the best silver to buy and why? 

It’s a minefield when just starting out 

If your just buying bog standard bullion, gold silver.be is about €1 per oz cheaper. It depends on your goals, are you stacking for weight or Looking for specific collector coins ? 

7 minutes ago, Kussilver said:

If your just buying bog standard bullion, gold silver.be is about €1 per oz cheaper. It depends on your goals, are you stacking for weight or Looking for specific collector coins ? 

Just going to start stacking for weight not interested in collectors at the moment.

i jut searches on the European mint website and they are not charging shipping silver to go are close to €15

2 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

Just going to start stacking for weight not interested in collectors at the moment.

i jut searches on the European mint website and they are not charging shipping silver to go are close to €15

Maybe my mistake they are charging shipping ffs ha

22 hours ago, Martin1983 said:

in the same boat as you with this one!

I found gold silver.be to be the cheapest for 25 brittannia's with shipping, however heard mixed reviews on there service, wether its worth paying a bit extra for a better trusted dealer with European mint??

just noticed spot has shot up nearly £2.00 since last Thursday 😳😳

1 hour ago, stackingsi said:

I found gold silver.be to be the cheapest for 25 brittannia's with shipping, however heard mixed reviews on there service, wether its worth paying a bit extra for a better trusted dealer with European mint??

That’s what I am looking at right now, £22.25 for a 1oz Britannia but £15 for shipping, it’s pointless unless bulk buying

1 hour ago, stackingsi said:

I recently bought some QBs and some other 1oz silver rounds and I had no issues with service. I'd buy from them again

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

1 minute ago, Martin1983 said:

How much you buying ? As it needs to be a decent size I assume to make it worth while 

I didn't buy that much. I was after specifics. I managed to get the Queen's Beasts Dragon 2oz BU coins for my niece and nephew. They were a load cheaper than anywhere else I could find them in stock. So the savings of that was the primary driver. But once payment was sent the goods were shipped and I had them in hand in a couple days.

I've been buying some Brits from eldoradocoins.de lately. they seem to be the best price I can find and shipping for me was only £9. I have seen that goldsilver are cheap but I've also seen that they called a customer a kloot. There are more than enough horror stories around these parts pertaining to them and their service. I suggest anyone who doesn't know of them do a quick search on here. One place that I won't be taking a chance with. I have this place to thank for a lot of decisions I've made with PMs and this is one I'm very grateful for. 

5 minutes ago, Katie said:

I've been buying some Brits from eldoradocoins.de lately. they seem to be the best price I can find and shipping for me was only £9. I have seen that goldsilver are cheap but I've also seen that they called a customer a kloot. There are more than enough horror stories around these parts pertaining to them and their service. I suggest anyone who doesn't know of them do a quick search on here. One place that I won't be taking a chance with. I have this place to thank for a lot of decisions I've made with PMs and this is one I'm very grateful for. 

That company seem cheaper for the shillings fees 

On 29/09/2020 at 22:16, Martin1983 said:

That’s what I am looking at right now, £22.25 for a 1oz Britannia but £15 for shipping, it’s pointless unless bulk buying

I'll take the £15 delivery any day of the week. I don't buy on weekends :D
Seriously, shipping to Romania is 50€, which is about £45.

If I buy 50 x 1oz coins, my total cost raises by 1€ per coin. Maybe I should stick to ETFs...

Purchased my first stack of 2020 Britannias from Silber-Werte @ €23.47 pre delivery last week, best price I could find at the time, would recommend to anyone else, shipping is €20 to UK but very quick via DHL.

My only grumble is payment process as it’s a German bank account and the way to pay isn’t the easiest/best communicated.

Coins were ok, a few dents around the edges but based on what I have read here, this is down to a slacking in standard by RM by sounds of it! 

Edited by TomR92