• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I picked up 3 of the Brexit Ingots, not received any fishing calls as yet. But I've had a few email offers, not had any credit checks either so all good 👍

Yeah that has been my experience as well. No calls, no junk mail and no credit check. But other members reported a different experience in the past so thought it was worth warning about. Still for fractional pieces that usually sell for so much more money one can't complain. I'll buy all of these that I can :D

11 hours ago, snipersam said:

49 quid for a gram seems pretty decent to me if your stacking. Might get a couple of those. 

I gave a fake phone number when ordering and unsubscribed from all marketing when I received my items.   Stops all the marketing calls to upsell.  They also do credit checks but not had one done on me so may just be random. 

43 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Quarter Oz Queens Beasts Griffin £441.98 (only two remaining time of posting)

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/quarter-oz-queens-beasts-griffin#pi1

image.thumb.png.ae18e46c0b2a1843519c970b1d58ae32.png

Been tempted by this for days but it doesn't fit the strategy ☹️

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

14 minutes ago, Zaurett said:

Ordered 3 of the Battle of Britain ingots last week and just received an email telling me that they can’t process my order as I’ve failed a credit check. According to Experian my credit score is 989/999 🤔

That's ridiculous.

Didn't you pay cash for it? Credit for such a small amount? 

14 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

That's ridiculous.

Didn't you pay cash for it? Credit for such a small amount? 

Doesn't sound great. I've had an email confirmation my 3 are being dispatched this week although they've yet to arrive. Paid by debit card so dont see why a credit check would be needed?

40 minutes ago, 272 said:

Doesn't sound great. I've had an email confirmation my 3 are being dispatched this week although they've yet to arrive. Paid by debit card so dont see why a credit check would be needed?

I got mine last week, within 6 days of ordering. Paid with my bank card, but they never took the money until the morning the ingots arrived which I thought was strange.

1 hour ago, Zaurett said:

Ordered 3 of the Battle of Britain ingots last week and just received an email telling me that they can’t process my order as I’ve failed a credit check. According to Experian my credit score is 989/999 🤔

Has there been any searches from CPM on your credit report with Experian?

Called CPM and they very haughtily told me that the credit report indicated a score lower than what they would “deem acceptable for these kinds of goods”. I asked if they could give me any further information as to what criteria they base this on and was told that all they could tell me was that they use a company called Graydon to carry out their credit checks and that they (CPM) “wouldn’t share credit check information with a customer”. Honestly couldn’t get me off the phone fast enough, even to the point of interrupting me to tell me that they couldn’t deal with me as I had failed their credit check. Again, not even sure what’s going on here but needless to say I won’t be contacting them further other than to issue a right to erasure request. If I can’t buy things from them, I don’t see why they should continue to hold my contact and payment information.

4 minutes ago, Zaurett said:

Called CPM and they very haughtily told me that the credit report indicated a score lower than what they would “deem acceptable for these kinds of goods”. I asked if they could give me any further information as to what criteria they base this on and was told that all they could tell me was that they use a company called Graydon to carry out their credit checks and that they (CPM) “wouldn’t share credit check information with a customer”. Honestly couldn’t get me off the phone fast enough, even to the point of interrupting me to tell me that they couldn’t deal with me as I had failed their credit check. Again, not even sure what’s going on here but needless to say I won’t be contacting them further other than to issue a right to erasure request. If I can’t buy things from them, I don’t see why they should continue to hold my contact and payment information.

double check your credit files to be sure you are no showing any CIFAS warning flags.  There could be previous issues with deliveries if you are in a rental property.  Could always make a SAR request with Equifax and Experian to see ALL info held on you 

Background systems used at a secondary level may hold things that are not visble to your eyes on your online credit reports, risk Systems like (TRIAD, Blaze, Hunter, Strategy Manager, Credit Manager and SAS Tools/Framework) are all used in credit industry in background for additional checks and balances

2 hours ago, Zaurett said:

Too bad, they may have to under GDPR articles 13-15, provide you with information about the data they have on you and access to it.  Then invoke article 17 to be erased. 

23 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Too bad, they may have to under GDPR articles 13-15, provide you with information about the data they have on you and access to it.  Then invoke article 17 to be erased. 

absolutely, send a SAR, its free, they have one calendar month to comply

Just an odd situation to be in lol. I’ve bought plenty of PM’s from H&B, Atkinson’s, Silver to Go, Silver Mountain and the European Mint in the past couple of years, all without issue. But try and get 3g of cheap gold and they’re acting like I’m asking to borrow the Hope Diamond for a Halloween party! 😂