• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

9 hours ago, snipersam said:

I had noticed that price difference but didn't mention it as with being new I thought I was being stupid. 

I might pull the trigger on that H&B one. Like the look of it for a start plus it'll get me onto the coin wagon too. 

Plus I have a safe arriving on Wednesday. Need something to put into it 😂

I bought a few quarter sovs from H+B. Good price, great packaging and paper. But you do get spammed with two high class letters a week for silly priced coins. It's a loss leader so grab their deals and then beg them to stop waterboarding your letterbox.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone asks, my excuse is I had to average out the postage cost.... 😄

2019 Half Sovereigns for a good price at Harrington and Byrne, £139 I have bagged two 😉 https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-half-sovereign-3674.html

I'm sorry I can't stop giggling at the fact so many English people are buying a coin made to mark 100 years of irish freedom from the united kingdom 😀

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, vacancies said:

I bought a few quarter sovs from H+B. Good price, great packaging and paper. But you do get spammed with two high class letters a week for silly priced coins. It's a loss leader so grab their deals and then beg them to stop waterboarding your letterbox.

I've gone and ordered 2020 half sovereign this evening. And I'm prepared for the influx afterwards 😂

Well got my first call from H&B advising me that the 2020 half sov probably isn't the right purchase. 

I explained that as I'm only starting out on my Gold stacking journey that it is the right choice. 

And that thankfully was how the conversation ended. No upselling, although I think if I had of shown any sort of interest then he would have pounced. 

6 minutes ago, snipersam said:

Well got my first call from H&B advising me that the 2020 half sov probably isn't the right purchase. 

I explained that as I'm only starting out on my Gold stacking journey that it is the right choice. 

And that thankfully was how the conversation ended. No upselling, although I think if I had of shown any sort of interest then he would have pounced. 

I’ve had 4/5 missed calls from Hattons of London since my quarter sovereign was delivered (truck driver so phone doesn’t get touched). Putting me off ordering from them again.... didn’t ask for the sales pitch just the sovereign. You can see why people put a false number. 

Just now, Fishface220 said:

I’ve had 4/5 missed calls from Hattons of London since my quarter sovereign was delivered (truck driver so phone doesn’t get touched). Putting me off ordering from them again.... didn’t ask for the sales pitch just the sovereign. You can see why people put a false number. 

Yes I agree. I drive for a living too but was off the van at the time. I'm happy to talk to people but like you say I've ordered something because that's want I want. Once my knowledge grows then I'll maybe go for more collectable stuff but right now I'm buying gold for the gold. Not the collectability. 

3 hours ago, snipersam said:

😂 Very true. Its the price I have to pay. 

Dont tell them to much about yourself when they call they will be digging for information . Telling them that your just starting out in your Gold stacking journey will be put down in their notes as a sign of weakness 😱 . The quickest way to loose money is to start collecting collectable gold stuff 🤕 stick to basic bullion and your onto a winner 🤑

55 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Dont tell them to much about yourself when they call they will be digging for information . Telling them that your just starting out in your Gold stacking journey will be put down in their notes as a sign of weakness 😱 . The quickest way to loose money is to start collecting collectable gold stuff 🤕 stick to basic bullion and your onto a winner 🤑

I get where you're coming from but the fact that I don't know what I'm talking about means I wouldn't be buying from them based on what they tell me. I'm on this forum for a reason. And that's to try and get an understanding of it all. 

1 hour ago, snipersam said:

I get where you're coming from but the fact that I don't know what I'm talking about means I wouldn't be buying from them based on what they tell me. I'm on this forum for a reason. And that's to try and get an understanding of it all. 

You have come to the right place for help and advice on the Forum . Plus the chance to buy and sell PMs 👍

22 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

@snipersam

Oddly I’ve ordered from H&B twice and never received any spam through the door or ever had a phone call. I must be one of the lucky ones.

So long as I get the half Sovereign I'm really not too bothered. I'll just block the numbers on my phone. 

When getting these usually one off deals I always give a made up phone number so no calls. The post I just change my marketing preferences or give them a call if it continues. Emails just unsubscribe.

Edited by Bluenitsuj
6 minutes ago, KRO said:

would love to buy it, just the wrong week sadly😞

No harm in asking @Stackerads if he’ll hold it for a week or so for you 😀  

Although the ladies at HGM are very nice, I don’t think their business model allows for this type of request 😂

Edited by richatthecroft
On 06/09/2020 at 15:30, CryptoSpiridiumZ said:

I have been checking coinvest out but i am a little suspicious on how they do business. They want to send me their bank details from the UK to avoid any charges apparently otherwise they offer an express option with visa but charge 2% of the order total or something like that. Is it safe to pay their bank in the UK and have you had experience with them?.

I've ordered thousand of pounds worth of gold and silver from them and have had nothing from them apart from superb service, you place the order, you get an order come through, pay into there bank and the products are usually delivered within a week, I did have one order that arrived by UPS partially bust open but could not tell if anything missing, rang them while the courier waited, they said reject it, was sent back to them check and repackaged and was back with me within 7 days..

Taking cards is expensive for businesses ( as i know from my card costs) which is why they would rather you pay by bank transfer..

A very trustworthy company on my experience.

Edited by Spannerman
spelling mistake
4 hours ago, Tommytash said:

https://www.londonmintoffice.org/freechurchillcoin

For anyone interested.

Apologises if it's already been posted.

Is that a genuine offer?

£2.50 to cover postage and I get a pure silver, as in 999.9 silver, 1/2 silver coin?

I'm always skeptical of these things when something sounds too good to be true.

Edited by Scruff