• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 25/08/2020 at 20:34, vacancies said:

Yeah, it's quite an overhead. I think I'll wait for a bit more of a slide and a whole 24 brit

Same here I've been lurking for a while but just recently signed up just to post this. Buying on big dips is always the best investment choice I've seen a lot of deals here and avoided many and instead just waiting for a better deal.

5 minutes ago, Fishface220 said:

Can only find 2 reviews on Trustpilot for this company... both not good. Think I’ll pass

Treat them like you would a Harrington&Byrne order, see a deal get in then get out. Sign up for nowt and deffo don't be fooled by telephone sales jargon.

On 24/06/2020 at 21:31, trp said:

If you use one of the many credit reference agencies to track your profile, watch out for a search by Graydon U.K. Ltd on behalf of 288 Group Ltd who are CPM coins. The search will most likely be categorised as ‘Mail Order’.

My cousin placed a few orders with them back in March. Each order created a separate search. He is currently fighting to have these searches removed from his file.

Good luck with your order. They are a great price. Hopefully you don’t run into issues.   

Take great care with CPM (see above) Credit search every order

4 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

Can only find 2 reviews on Trustpilot for this company... both not good. Think I’ll pass

Anyone purchased from them? I'd be interested in anyone's experience.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Yes I bought two a couple months ago, no issues other than a nuisance sales phone call...to sell overpriced proofs...just like H&B ...so far.

Decline all other offers if called! 

I’ve brought one sov from them and 6 months later they cancelled my second order and left a message saying to buy a proof instead as they are better value etc etc. (Yet they charge 100s more than every other dealer 😂

Then you get the 100 sales letters a year and regret the purchase wishing you had just paid an extra £20 or so and gone elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I've purchased a number of items from them. All arrived in decent time. I've seen no searches on my credit report. I've had no junk mail or phone calls. If ordering be careful and ensure you opt out of contact options. I can't guarantee they won't do a search on your credit file or contact you - this is just my experience.

As an aside I absolutely hate this company as well as Westminster Collection who I'm guessing are related since they look the same. They do occasionally have very good deals on random items they obviously put out there to try and hook people in to buying some of their more rip off, outrageously priced items. Opt out of the contact options and stick with the few good value items and I don't think you can lose.

33 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I've purchased a number of items from them. All arrived in decent time. I've seen no searches on my credit report. I've had no junk mail or phone calls. If ordering be careful and ensure you opt out of contact options. I can't guarantee they won't do a search on your credit file or contact you - this is just my experience.

As an aside I absolutely hate this company as well as Westminster Collection who I'm guessing are related since they look the same. They do occasionally have very good deals on random items they obviously put out there to try and hook people in to buying some of their more rip off, outrageously priced items. Opt out of the contact options and stick with the few good value items and I don't think you can lose.

I ordered some silver coins from Westminster Collection a few years ago and they insisted on running a credit check even though I said that I am buying them in one payment. I have never used them since . I also got loads of junk mail for a while until they gave up .

9 hours ago, KRO said:

Take great care with CPM (see above) Credit search every order

On Facebook i actually got this advertisement and all the comments had been simply warning about the credit check. Credit checks are normally for borrowing credit but CPM do the check regardless it seems and the credit check could harm your score. Besides those ingots are expensive for what they are and i would rather just grab some larger quantities of gold bars to pay less for each gram. 

5 hours ago, CryptoSpiridiumZ said:

On Facebook i actually got this advertisement and all the comments had been simply warning about the credit check. Credit checks are normally for borrowing credit but CPM do the check regardless it seems and the credit check could harm your score. Besides those ingots are expensive for what they are and i would rather just grab some larger quantities of gold bars to pay less for each gram. 

Why do they need to check your credit if your paying cash I wonder?? Not handy if its not mentioned any you buy regularly, especially if you need credit. That will be on your record for some time won't it, no thanks, especially if they vilify PM in the coming years and force a ban of some sort. Sounds amazing but after this year anything is possible. Nixon managed to do it easily after all. 

Edited by Stacktastic

2 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Why do they need to check your credit if your paying cash I wonder?? Not handy if its not mentioned any you buy regularly, especially if you need credit. That will be on your record for some time won't it, no thanks, especially if they vilify PM in the coming years and force a ban of some sort. Sounds amazing but after this year anything is possible. Nixon managed to do it easily after all. 

I have not read the policy as to why they need to check your credit but indeed, in the advertisement on Facebook they do not say anything about a credit check unless i missed something of course. My assumption is they may get a lot of people who have defaulted on payments and thus need to make sure the people placing orders for whatever reason do not have a really bad credit score, that is simply a guess.

1 hour ago, CryptoSpiridiumZ said:

I have not read the policy as to why they need to check your credit but indeed, in the advertisement on Facebook they do not say anything about a credit check unless i missed something of course. My assumption is they may get a lot of people who have defaulted on payments and thus need to make sure the people placing orders for whatever reason do not have a really bad credit score, that is simply a guess.

Sorry i was referring to CPM. :)

5 hours ago, CryptoSpiridiumZ said:

Even so, what if you have a really bad credit score? It's totally irrelevant and none of their business if you buy cash. 

I'll avoid CPM like the plague, they seem really dodgy.

2 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Even so, what if you have a really bad credit score? It's totally irrelevant and none of their business if you buy cash. 

I'll avoid CPM like the plague, they seem really dodgy.

Precisely, its not like your paying them on direct debit or like a sofa, phone or car finance. One payment, its done, no need at all for a credit score whatsever. The only reason I can see is to get your home address, which is rather worrying, even if its to send you c**p through the post. Other reasons might be reporting to HMRC or even worse, a data base for your local crime syndicate off the dark web!! 

Edited by Stacktastic