• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

13 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Yes they are reliable but the quality of Coins is sometimes poor.  If buying for weight shouldnt matter

Agree with this - but it has generally not been an issue with me as I either order what I want and go in to review or just pop in and chose what I want. The last time I bought sovereigns, there was around ten to chose from. If you order for postage, they chose what they send you.......bear that in mind! 

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yes, they are reliable. There are sometimes delays, but they are good with communication and keeping people up to date. 

Interesting, I have never found any delays with them. Usually, they are too quick to post for my liking; I may be wanting to add a few coins to my order to save on postage costs. Sometimes they need reining in.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

20 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Interesting, I have never found any delays with them. Usually, they are too quick to post for my liking; I may be wanting to add a few coins to my order to save on postage costs. Sometimes they need reining in.

The last order I placed was a week late. This was the 2020 1/10 Brit that was written about last month on this thread. I think there can just be delays when they have to get items from their vaults...

I have had a very good recent experience with them, excellent customer service and very focussed on getting a resolution that suits the customer (i.e. me!). I would say if you're buying bullion that isn't brand spanking new, especially if it's very keenly priced, expect it to be wearing some handling marks and maybe some scarring. If it comes to you in great condition it's a nice bonus. To be fair most of their stuff in the low premium range has the "Bullion Condition" caveat in the advert. 

You can buy from other places and pay a bit more for specific years and/or conditions. 

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The last order I placed was a week late. This was the 2020 1/10 Brit that was written about last month on this thread. I think there can just be delays when they have to get items from their vaults...

Could be that last month the world was in the worst of a global pandemic?

6 minutes ago, Maxford said:

Could be that last month the world was in the worst of a global pandemic?

You need to read the whole post - re delays getting items from their vaults. I should also add that the post was already one week late due to post issues and my actual ‘week late’ point was relevant to the issue with the vaults. I have no issue with post items being delayed at times of crisis. Don’t read anything into my post that isn’t there.

4 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I haven't ordered anything from them since C-19 started and they do seem to be doing things differently these days; more of their coins for sale seem to be from some 3rd party supplier. Logical I suppose seeing as they won't have had the over the counter purchases they had previously. Pre C19 all of their stock seemed to be held on the premises so there was never any delay getting stuff from other vaults.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

25 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I haven't ordered anything from them since C-19 started and they do seem to be doing things differently these days; more of their coins for sale seem to be from some 3rd party supplier. Logical I suppose seeing as they won't have had the over the counter purchases they had previously. Pre C19 all of their stock seemed to be held on the premises so there was never any delay getting stuff from other vaults.

I placed an order a few weeks ago when gold dipped. Everything I ordered must have been in stock as it was dispatched and delivered just as quick as orders I made before C19. I guess it depends on the items.

In my opinion and experience they are one of the best for bullion stuff, and if they have quite a large quantity in of a particular coin, they will even pick the better ones out for you if you ask them nicecly enough 😁

6 minutes ago, GSTrading said:

how did you demonstrate to ebay they were fake?

I didn’t need to. The price was suspicious and the sellers offered a refund due to reviews. 

But I contacted eBay prior making the purchase and there were no indications the gold may be fake. As it was an auction, the seller did not have a reserve which could have been a mistake or lack of understanding. Either way. The seller should state it is not a real gold bar in the descriptions or in the title.

Looking to get as old a gold coin as possible, with lowest premium.

I just want to have a really old coin. Any recommendations?.

Oldest I have now is 20 francs from around 1860s.

10 hours ago, TheApe said:

as old a gold coin as possible

Just out of curiosity, I did a bit of Google mining. If you want REALLY old gold for sale Click here.  44BC Should do it!!

The only snag is the 587% premium. (Oh ... and add postage)... I bet it holds its value though.🤑

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2020-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-4498.html

Not as good a deal as it used to be but the Harrington and Byrne 2020 sovereign offer is back.

£349 Inc U.K. postage.

Caveat emptor - expect junk mail unless you email/write to them to opt out of marketing options.

Edited by Shep

6 hours ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

Just out of curiosity, I did a bit of Google mining. If you want REALLY old gold for sale Click here.  44BC Should do it!!

The only snag is the 587% premium. (Oh ... and add postage)... I bet it holds its value though.🤑

Haven't looked at that site for a while, some beautiful ancient coins 👌🏻

10 hours ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

Works out at about 2,100% premium by my math, yikes! Beauty though.