• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

9 minutes ago, Airhead said:

I like that all the bars they are selling have the same serial numbers.

The model silver ghost is nice though.

12 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

He's selling a stack of fakes and people are gullible enough to buy have reported

Reported every single gold listing that's posted, let's see if eBay actually do anything

There was a 2012 Eagle PCGS PR70 for sale on eBay that was around the £70 mark for most of the seven days. It sold for £1,200ish in the end. It was clearly a fake. I reported it to EBay and they did nothing about it. The winning bidder is going to quickly go from happy to sad when they receive it. Also reported to PCGS and they emailed telling me they would speak to eBay but that this was a common fake in their slab with the same Cert number that was doing the rounds. How many of them exist is anyone’s guess but it’s pretty clear you cannot rely on slabs so much anymore.

Always look closely at the coin.....

19 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

There was a 2012 Eagle PCGS PR70 for sale on eBay that was around the £70 mark for most of the seven days. It sold for £1,200ish in the end. It was clearly a fake. I reported it to EBay and they did nothing about it. The winning bidder is going to quickly go from happy to sad when they receive it. Also reported to PCGS and they emailed telling me they would speak to eBay but that this was a common fake in their slab with the same Cert number that was doing the rounds. How many of them exist is anyone’s guess but it’s pretty clear you cannot rely on slabs so much anymore.

Always look closely at the coin.....

Definitely hope they go from happy to sad if they realize it. If they're paying that much for a coin hopefully they know their stuff and spot it so don't lose out. Ebay really gets under my skin for these things. I too used to report all the fakes I came across but they never did anything about any of them. I get that they can't be experts about everything but when someone flags something they could at least spend a few minutes looking into it - thats all it would take for the worst of the fakes. But no...  happy to keep collecting those fees. I love ebay for a lot of what they do but it has become a pretty awful marketplace for duping buyers across multiple collectible categories.

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Don't buy half sovereigns at the moment, they are over-priced. Full sovs are bad enough but the price of halves is a joke. They will return to normality at some point soon.

What would u pay for a full or half @sovereignsteve

2 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

What would u pay for a full or half @sovereignsteve

If you want to buy bullion at the moment, I wouldn't go near half sovs at 11 - 15% as seems common these days. Crazy, why would you?

Atkinsons 7.8% delivered is not too bad I suppose 🤔

I would be on full sovs all day long at less than 4% (+ postage) that they have drifted down to now.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

13 hours ago, Airhead said:

Haha - same bar here with the same serial, this time described as gold plated: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1oz-Credit-Suisse-Gold-Plated-999-9-bar/274411562133

2 minutes ago, Maxford said:

ACB GOLD 24K SOLID BULLION MINTED 5GRAIN BAR 99.99 FINE Au WITH CERTIFICATE  

£28.09 +pp

is this good?

You get around 15 grains in a gram of gold. A gram of .999 gold is around the £46 mark at the moment......

23 minutes ago, Maxford said:

ACB GOLD 24K SOLID BULLION MINTED 5GRAIN BAR 99.99 FINE Au WITH CERTIFICATE  

£28.09 +pp

is this good?

About 97% premium over the spot price of 1oz at the minute, that's not including the postage, or in simple terms double the price of spot

On 02/07/2020 at 17:38, sovereignsteve said:

If you want to buy bullion at the moment, I wouldn't go near half sovs at 11 - 15% as seems common these days. Crazy, why would you?

Atkinsons 7.8% delivered is not too bad I suppose 🤔

I would be on full sovs all day long at less than 4% (+ postage) that they have drifted down to now.

The only thing is that if you want a bit of gold and can’t go the whole 1oz  Brit, then ½ oz, ¼ and 10ths Brits have got even more premium than the best Sov deals. I can’t find  much choice for getting fractional anything, Sov or Brit. 1oz Krug seems best per oz but I don’t have that cash spare. On other parts of TSF, people are saying that the upside of the Sov is that it’s highly liquid so you can shift it easily if you need to whilst still retaining its premium. 

Notsure whatto think to be honest. 

Imo fractional .999 is ok BUT you get stung big time on premium the smaller fractional you go.

I would buy ¼oz .999 but rather buy sovereigns if in UK. If CGT isn't an issue you have more scope for buying closer to spot with a mix of coin size.

I'm currently in the same dilemma... Do I buy a few 1oz CGT free coins in .999, grab a pile of sovereigns, a few doubles or quintuple (hefty premium) or go non CGT and buy biggest I can closest to spot?

Oh the quandarys of a gold stacker 😂😂

21 hours ago, cheekyhammer said:

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/french-20-gold-franc#pi2

Not sure if anyone is interested in "French 20 Gold (5.8g) Francs" but HGM have them 3% over spot (+post £6.95)

Cant really grumble at fractional gold at 3% over spot I guess 🤠

Further to this for those looking for 1ozt, they have an AGE at 3% https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/american-gold-eagle

and an Austrian Corona at 3% https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/austrian-gold-corona

If you can collect in person that's the best premium I've seen from a dealer in recent times (please correct me)

On 04/07/2020 at 13:13, Prophecy said:

Further to this for those looking for 1ozt, they have an AGE at 3% https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/american-gold-eagle

and an Austrian Corona at 3% https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/austrian-gold-corona

If you can collect in person that's the best premium I've seen from a dealer in recent times (please correct me)

Are Hatton garden metals reliable? 

Seems a good deal on the eagles? 

15 minutes ago, burns718 said:

Are Hatton garden metals reliable? 

Seems a good deal on the eagles? 

Yes, they are reliable. There are sometimes delays, but they are good with communication and keeping people up to date.