• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 07/03/2019 at 17:45, sovereignsteve said:

It's been a slow evolution over the last couple of years.

It wouldn't be so bad if they really acted like a coin dealer and advertised the approximate grade and date and/or version of the coins but they seem to think they can charge dealer prices but still act like a bullion dealer.

The prices they started charging for young and jubilee head half sovereigns is ridiculous given you're buying blind.

Can anyone help me out with the name of the company that was recently offering 2019 sovereigns at £226 + P&P (coming to £230 in total, as I recall), please?

Whoever they are, their offer was around a few weeks back, at the same time as the H&B £229 offer, and I'm interested to see if it is still available.....

12 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Can anyone help me out with the name of the company that was recently offering 2019 sovereigns at £226 + P&P (coming to £230 in total, as I recall), please?

Whoever they are, their offer was around a few weeks back, at the same time as the H&B £229 offer, and I'm interested to see if it is still available.....

Think it was the one mentioned on this thread.  I didn't buy from them so can't vouch for them.

That's the fellow! Thank you, chaps! :)

Just had a look, but the cheapest deal on a 2019 sovereign that I can see on their website is £249 at the moment.

Will keep an eye on this company though - you never know what deals they might come up with over the next few months ;)

I've just rung H&B to see if they would be prepared to do the £229 deal for existing clients, and was told that their best price at the moment is £239 - but was also advised to "keep a close eye on our website" ;)

4 hours ago, Fastnick said:

I managed to get 2 Sovereigns from Buckingham at that price and 10 Sovereigns from H&B. All came in capsules but must admit H&B came in fancier capsules and a litte CofA. All of them well below spot so I was more than happy!

On 18/03/2019 at 15:24, Fastnick said:

That's the fellow! Thank you, chaps! :)

Just had a look, but the cheapest deal on a 2019 sovereign that I can see on their website is £249 at the moment.

Will keep an eye on this company though - you never know what deals they might come up with over the next few months ;)

I ordered a 2019 sovereign from Buckingham for £226.99 you just need to say you saw the advert at that price and they will honour it I believe?

28 minutes ago, TheGoldAngel said:

I ordered a 2019 sovereign from Buckingham for £226.99 you just need to say you saw the advert at that price and they will honour it I believe?

I just want to confirm the post from @TheGoldAngel I just got a 2019 for £226,99 and £2,90 postage :-) 

thank you you man for the info, appreciated.... I've been looking for the 2019 for long time now. 

3 minutes ago, AlL said:

I just want to confirm the post from @TheGoldAngel I just got a 2019 for £226,99 and £2,90 postage 🙂

thank you you man for the info, appreciated.... I've been looking for the 2019 for long time now. 

Good to hear you got your 2019 Sovereign! Pleasure is all mine :)

On 25/03/2019 at 12:22, AlL said:

I just want to confirm the post from @TheGoldAngel I just got a 2019 for £226,99 and £2,90 postage 🙂

I hope you haven’t been looking for too long!  I’d hate to think of you looking for years. ;)

Any idea if they bombard you with letters full of “offers” like H&B?  I received three in one day recently.  They may have been the same one sent out repeatedly by mistake but I didn’t open them to see.

48 minutes ago, Murph said:

I hope you haven’t been looking for too long!  I’d hate to think of you looking for years. ;)

Any idea if they bombard you with letters full of “offers” like H&B?  I received three in one day recently.  They may have been the same one sent out repeatedly by mistake but I didn’t open them to see.

H+B are still sending me junk after I requested they stop as per their privacy policy. Can I put a gdpr or other complaint in about it does anyone reckon? 

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Only three? You must not be a very valued customer! :P:wacko:

Hope you returned or shredded them. I don't keep my stack where I live but it's not good to have such obviously 'premium' junk mail with your details in it continually coming to your address or ending up in the rubbish (we have people nicking rubbish here, presumably for bank statements and the like).

1 hour ago, Bullionaire said:

H+B are still sending me junk after I requested they stop as per their privacy policy. Can I put a gdpr or other complaint in about it does anyone reckon? 

Yeah same, I opted out of all marketing and whatnot too. They phone me up as well (never answer)!  For the moment I'm taking the path of least resistance/hassle to me and letting them waste their money with their spam which I shred. I will soon start either sending it back with a clear message on the envelope and/or go into my account and remove all the details. The former worked with Westminster for me - my account is still 'live' but I don't get marketing post anymore. The latter a few have done, I know someone on here even edited their details to Westminster's own address :lol:

With the phonecalls as well though it is a bit much, I'd be interested in any complaint you or others make, keep me posted please?