• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

4 hours ago, SeatonKev said:

Just signed up to the forum looking to buy some silver but noticed NMmoney are selling 1oz Baird gold bars for £1359 delivered. Seems a decent price and might be of use to someone.  

Who? Not familiar with them..have you ever used?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Who? Not familiar with them..have you ever used?

It's the currency store found in most towns, think they used to be called Eurochange. I've not used them yet, today is the first day I noticed them on a Google search. 

14 minutes ago, SeatonKev said:

It's the currency store found in most towns, think they used to be called Eurochange. I've not used them yet, today is the first day I noticed them on a Google search. 

Ahhh right ok,thanks for the response 👌

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Spark268 said:

Cashback to buy money - how very droll! 😉

Bullion and many other types of item aren't eligible for this cashback, so the Royal Mint will still be making a hefty profit on those proof markups and special 50 pence coins (I nearly said 50ps but didn't want to invoke the wrath of @LawrenceChard :D ).

24 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Bullion and many other types of item aren't eligible for this cashback, so the Royal Mint will still be making a hefty profit on those proof markups and special 50 pence coins (I nearly said 50ps but didn't want to invoke the wrath of @LawrenceChard :D ).

Cashback, Yuk!

I dislike many of the marketing incentives to draw people into using credit, credit cards, first bet free at Bunkum's Bookies and Betting Shop, free credit, buy now pay later, Klarna. There are positive arguments for all of these, but most of them are propaganda by the promoters. At worst, they are aimed at getting suckers addicted at great cost. Even at best, they have to be paid for somehow by someone, and that is often the non-participants who end up paying higher prices. When I am told I can buy something on interest free credit, I want to know how much discount I can have for paying cash up front.

If you remember, "James", 'I was left with £29,300 of special Royal Mint coins after HSBC refused them despite being legal tender': How a ruse to earn credit card points came unstuck.", back in 2016.

I am perfectly happy with the use of "p", or "p." as an abbreviation of penny or pence. We used to use £.s.d. as an abbreviation of pounds, shillings and pence before decimalisation.

My objection is that people started saying "pee" instead of "pence". We never used to say "el", "ess", or "d" in the pre-decimal days. It was almost certainly caused because people were too lazy to say "new pence" during the changeover period, or revert to "pence" afterwards. Now we are stuck with it for ever.

It would be neat if Americans started saying "dee" and "cee" instead of dollars and cents, although some of them insist on saying "dollars" and "pennies" (not even pence!).

I could imagine American parents or educators telling kids not to use the "C" word.

And Swiss and other people might be told not to use the "F" word.

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I am perfectly happy with the use of "p", or "p." as an abbreviation of penny or pence. We used to use £.s.d. as an abbreviation of pounds, shillings and pence before decimalisation.

I stand corrected! - said the man in the orthopedic shoes.

Plenty of excellent sovereigns have been put up for sale in the trade section as of late for great prices, but as for dealer deals Hatton Garden Metals have 'best value' sovereigns for £332 inclusive of delivery cost.

Chards are about £330 once delivery is added.

BBP £332

Edited by Liam84

23 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Plenty of excellent sovereigns have been put up for sale in the trade section as of late for great prices, but as for dealer deals Hatton Garden Metals have 'best value' sovereigns for £332 inclusive of delivery cost.

BBP £332

Yes they have lost their appeal but maybe there are people out there prepared to buy without doing any comparisons.
HGM were once my favourite supplier before they turned in to an on-line coin shop pricing everything by date and adding hefty premiums to some.
Maybe they hired someone who pointed them in this direction and if it works for them ... I haven't bought anything from HGM for years and even Mayfair shops sell sovereigns for less.

28 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

BBP £332

Low £320s delivered here too, can't go wrong with a few sovs here and there 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins/pre-owned-uk-full-gold-sovereign-mixed-dates

Cannot beat this if genuine but looking at all the other items listed for sale I reckon it isn't worth the cost of postage.

718404323_Screenshot2021-11-05at15_46_02.thumb.png.4d406bd34561a99df736204edaedf624.png

1183504548_Screenshot2021-11-05at15_46_23.thumb.png.f62ca4ca586c25ec808745c11b0ee11f.png

Edited by Pete

Just now, paulmerton said:

Even I can tell that's fake from the photo of it. Please say I'm right, @LawrenceChard! :D 

At least the seller is being kind of honest but check out all his other coins - shocking to see so many fakes.
The fact that most of the coins are "legal tender" and showing metal purity, regardless of the description, surely these are counterfeit and therefore a crime is being committed by offering for sale ??