• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

goldsilver.be very dodgey

Guybrush

3 hours ago, silverymoon8 said:

Hi I am new to the forum and to collecting,  and I have had problems with good old goldsilver.be. ! I tried to pay for an order using Transferwise who said that Goldsilver.be didn't have a SEPA account  so they couldn't  transfer the money.???? I emailed gs.be for advice but they didn't get back to me for ages, and meanwhile  they cancelled the order, and then all they said was they deal with Transferwise several times a day.  I am sure I have read on the forum about others using Transferwise ok, so I am a bit perplexed about the whole thing - I don't know what I did wrong, gs.be not very helpful, am wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing? Thanks.

You just enter the IBAN number and Bank code (BIC) number.  Was this a while ago?  Transferwise blocked them for a while because their business name (Electrum) matches a cryptocurrency, which they dont want to support. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered my last bits from them on Sunday 10th in the evening and had them by Thursday 14th. Hadn’t expected it until the following week due to some items not available yet based on their site when I ordered but all got shipped fine right away. 

I had initial issues with TransferWise but now I know what to do it’s easy, especially since there is no need to convert to Euros.

15 hours ago, Cking83 said:

I ordered my last bits from them on Sunday 10th in the evening and had them by Thursday 14th. Hadn’t expected it until the following week due to some items not available yet based on their site when I ordered but all got shipped fine right away. 

I had initial issues with TransferWise but now I know what to do it’s easy, especially since there is no need to convert to Euros.

Could you please explain how did you send pounds to them?!?!

Did you use transferwise or something else?

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Could you please explain how did you send pounds to them?!?!

Did you use transferwise or something else?

Hi Alex, yes using TransferWise I transferred pounds from my high street bank into the TransferWide account.

On GS.BE once you have ordered and selected the relevant payment method they send you the invoice, there are account details and references for sending either in pounds or euros via TransferWise on there. 

Hope that helps.

The prices they show in pounds are quite a bit higher than the Euro prices though so I guess you're better paying in Euros?

I have ordered in Euros by bank transfer from them before but not using transferwise as that adds another charge you have to factor in.  Granted it usually only comes out at something like 0.5% unless your sending a large or small amount.

Their exchange rate isnt great, it's probably the bank rate at couple of % from spot. 

The very cheapest is Revolut but is mobile app only and the process involves you sending money to your account then onto the merchant.  Transferwise is slightly more expensive, though can use a browser, and for £1 you can go direct from debit card.

10 hours ago, Murph said:

The prices they show in pounds are quite a bit higher than the Euro prices though so I guess you're better paying in Euros?

Came here to say this. The GBP price was way too high. It was like an additional £40 difference when I checked the real exchange rate so I would NOT recommend sending them the payment in GBP. I was glad I checked!

• 1 month later...

I think they definitely improved their pre order service, all spot on. However, I am currently experiencing their legendary customer service post order. Be warned, as one could say these are early signs of bankruptcy, where proceeds of new orders are used to fill older liabilities.

Here's my story 

I have received delivery of a pretty large (30k eur) order in mid Jan ths year (2019). 2 1oz platinum coins were missing. That's when my odyssey started, weeks of chasing and still no coins or at least a confirmation of my claim, after 2 months they even stopped replying to my mails. 

Very disappointing to say the least, I'll probably have to write this off.. don't get trapped!

6 hours ago, Kumo said:

Be warned, as one could say these are early signs of bankruptcy, where proceeds of new orders are used to fill older liabilities.

Remember USA company Tulving & Co , was a similar demise before it went pop - They had market leading pricing, pile it high sell it ultra cheaper than anyone else business model.

https://coinweek.com/bullion-report/federal-judge-sentences-coin-precious-metals-dealer-hannes-tulving-15-million-fraud/

@Kumo did you video record your unboxing from GoldSilver.be?

6 hours ago, Kumo said:

Be warned, as one could say these are early signs of bankruptcy, where proceeds of new orders are used to fill older liabilities.

I have existing order paid waiting on GS.be to ship for a while now delayed because I have ordered presale items Libertads 2019 hoping they will ship at the end of March. Bold statement to make @Kumo and you have made me worry somewhat but unfortunately been so much bad press GS.be. I have never had any issues with GS.be but then again I have never ordered platinum several months ago and the price drastically increased in value. I am sure people on the forum who can help you if have a genuine case maybe private message @sixgun Best not to post order details and emails gone back and forth on a public forum thread as it could harm your case and recovery of your funds.

Please keep us posted any further developments. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Kumo said:

have received delivery of a pretty large (30k eur) order in mid Jan ths year (2019). 2 1oz platinum coins were missing. That's when my odyssey started, weeks of chasing and still no coins or at least a confirmation of my claim, after 2 months they even stopped replying to my mails. 

Sorry to hear about this.

Did you at any time get them to admit their delivery was short? What did the invoice say? IIRC they always video their packing and all short deliveries I have heard of in the past have speedily been resolved on their side after they checked their video.

I don't quite follow your timeline on this. Delivery mid-January so about 2 months and 1-2 weeks at the most since then.
Your description sounds like a lot of time as elapsed and you say they stopped relying to your emails after 2 months, so that means your last email from them was 1 - 2 weeks ago. Hardly that long ago. Then you quickly join TSF and tell your tale as your first post.

Now I'm not doubting your story but you'll understand if we are a little sceptical without any evidence.😉

I'm sure it's not beyond the realm of possibility for a competitor of this company to post false scare stories for commercial purposes.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I know I've made a bold statement that is obviously based solely on my experience with them, but sometimes they can be early warnings. Especially since 2 months+ should be plenty of time to at least acknowledge or reject a claim, neither of which has happened to date, only promises to come back which then didn't happen. I would love to share the email traffic but they have a copyright disclaimer on their replies and I find this too important to give them reason to take my message down. 

Timelines again:

Jan 24th delivery, my notification of the error on the same day. Several email exchanges since and last mail from them on March 1st, after which my mails remained unanswered. 

Archived