• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

goldsilver.be very dodgey

Guybrush

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two pennies. People need to stop giving this company pass after pass after pass. You shouldn't have to stay civil just to get what is lawfully yours. I'm not saying go mental, but as a paying customer you would have every right to be insistent and ever so slightly forceful in your demands.

It worries me how many people out there who are less confident may have succumbed to their attitude of omnipotence. 

I dont know what has happened to them as I also had a few decent orders from them. I had one issue that was small enough that I never bothered to highlight it. 

I'm not going to go around bad mouthing them, but they should understand that the PM world can be a small one, and what goes around comes around.

@StackerNoob I couldn’t agree more. You see so many comments from people along the lines of... I have received all my orders and I will order again but be very careful, dont do anything that might upset them and you should be ok. Why give your business and put your money at risk by putting it in their hands if you know how they treat customers.

So to recap, you place order, make payment, then wait two weeks with the account not changed to show payment. When they mark the order cancelled, you contact them, to and fro on was payment made, its found and resolved within a couple of hours. 

2 hours ago, Guybrush said:

I ordered some of the simpsons 1ox BU coins.  

I did also bought some of these coins from gs.be , i think at the same day as you did. I immediately checked my account and everything is fine here. 

3 minutes ago, Martlet said:

So to recap, you place order, make payment, then wait two weeks with the account not changed to show payment. When they mark the order cancelled, you contact them, to and fro on was payment made, its found and resolved within a couple of hours.

I placed an order with them over the weekend. Started seeing status updates over the weekend and payment verification on Monday. I know I wouldn't be waiting 15 days if I didn't recieve any payment confirmation from them I'd be querying them after 3 working days as bank transfers make me nervous. It's like sending money through a black hole hoping it reaches the right destination on the other side days later.

13 minutes ago, Martlet said:

From what I could see it was marked for shipment that day (In the first post shows ship) so I just thought they was delayed waiting for stock.  They did say shipping on the 24th at some point so I would have waited until then to contact them.  But yes thats the just of it.

I do agree the "ORDER CONFIRMED (ship)" status is misleading. I think it just means they've acknolwedged the order and issued an invoice for you to pay. What you really want to see is the "PAYMENT RECIEVED" status.

Here's what my order statuses look like:

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at FebruaryTuesday19-02-.png

Thanks, yes I thought the yellow meant they received it and it was waiting to ship.  Now I know I wont wait 2 weeks although I dont know if I will order from them again.  They have been helpful when contacting them and their response time is first class (Even at 7pm their time) but I think they should have contacted me before cancelling the order and I could have got this sorted much sooner.

16 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

From what I could see it was marked for shipment that day (In the first post shows ship) so I just thought they was delayed waiting for stock.  They did say shipping on the 24th at some point so I would have waited until then to contact them.  But yes thats the just of it.

Yes the "ship" could be confusing.  Its separate type of order from "store" when order is held.  Email received at that point gives instruction to make payment etc.  Seems all work out, so thats good.

And giving them another pass, issues seem due to minor mis-communication, some out right rudeness, and Yodel which Bpost partner.  One major issue was the fault of the customer.  When reported that coins went missing, they resent and changed courier.  If competitors cover similar range people may move. 

Yeah I am on the fence as to if I order from them again.  Lets see how delivery goes.  I was planning another silver order before the end of next month.  Previously I've used silver to go and never had any problems with them at all.

Personally I'll continue to use them. I've had many orders from them hassle free.

I see it as without personal incident I'll use them. 

I'm unsure how big this company is but there has been a handful of complaints here about them. 

The company I've had reason to complain about is Atkinsons. One of the most respected and reliable companies I've dealt with in nearly twenty years. 

All companies have problems now and again. 

12 hours ago, Martlet said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you wait too long, why did you wait so long.

If you don't wait too long, you're a pain in the a$$ and a troublemaker.

Just a little reminder of the abuse I took from a forum member when I reported the very same issue 2 years ago:

1792091777_Screenshotat2019-02-2009-13-40.thumb.png.8ad866d3ce9d2fe3f04b289391ac4b70.png

Omg, it's weird how to see so many ppl posting  about having problems with them times to times.

I am a client for 2 years, done lots of orders and never had any problem with them!

I always pay by bank transfer, I always send the digital bank doc as proof of payment, and all runs fine.

I always find it funny people saying “Well I never had any problems with them” on threads where people have clearly had problems with them (and the number of problems seem to be disproportionately higher for this particular vendor than any others).  It’s a bit like saying to someone who has just been in a car crash “Well I was driving a car today and I never had an accident”!

Don't understand why exactly...! It's not a thread called something like "Let's all smash and burn to the ground  GoldSilver.BE" after all!

All the truth aspects must be here if we want to be fair or neutral! Maybe it was not so "disproportional" if the ppl that never experienced problems with them posted more!

Terrible sorry if some of us are having a good experience until now with them also!

1 hour ago, Draconicus said:

Don't understand why exactly...! It's not a thread called something like "Let's all smash and burn to the ground  GoldSilver.BE" after all!

All the truth aspects must be here if we want to be fair or neutral! Maybe it was not so "disproportional" if the ppl that never experienced problems with them posted more!

Terrible sorry if some of us are having a good experience until now with them also!

Chill out dude!  All I said was I find it funny.  Maybe my British humour doesn't translate very well.  I'm not a forum moderator so you go ahead and post what ever you like ;) 

Hi I am new to the forum and to collecting,  and I have had problems with good old goldsilver.be. ! I tried to pay for an order using Transferwise who said that Goldsilver.be didn't have a SEPA account  so they couldn't  transfer the money.???? I emailed gs.be for advice but they didn't get back to me for ages, and meanwhile  they cancelled the order, and then all they said was they deal with Transferwise several times a day.  I am sure I have read on the forum about others using Transferwise ok, so I am a bit perplexed about the whole thing - I don't know what I did wrong, gs.be not very helpful, am wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

Chill out dude!  All I said was I find it funny.  Maybe my British humour doesn't translate very well.  I'm not a forum moderator so you go ahead and post what ever you like ;) 

No problem mate!  And maybe my horrid English seems a little too serious, but all I try is to give my testimony and share my experience. But obviously I am also shocked  to know about so many ppl having problems with them!

I think I am a lucky guy :)... 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, silverymoon8 said:

Hi I am new to the forum and to collecting,  and I have had problems with good old goldsilver.be. ! I tried to pay for an order using Transferwise who said that Goldsilver.be didn't have a SEPA account  so they couldn't  transfer the money.???? I emailed gs.be for advice but they didn't get back to me for ages, and meanwhile  they cancelled the order, and then all they said was they deal with Transferwise several times a day.  I am sure I have read on the forum about others using Transferwise ok, so I am a bit perplexed about the whole thing - I don't know what I did wrong, gs.be not very helpful, am wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing? Thanks.

Sorry to trouble you @BackyardBullion but do you any advice for a new member here?

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Sorry to trouble you @BackyardBullion but do you any advice for a new member here?

No trouble, just gone into my Transferwise account and all is good to make a transfer to them. 

Might be worth ringing Transferwise up yourself, I have done this before when I could not make a transfer to a company in Singapore and they helped and sorted it out. Very good customer services at Transferwise, not an Eva in sight!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I'm here to announce in good authority that Eva is no longer with Goldsilver.be. "We are sorry to learn that our bouncer Eva is leaving us to marry and happily live in England with new husband .................. They fell in love after many loving email exchanges. Prost!" Maybe this is why customer service has gone down? I don't know, I'm just the messenger.

transferwise.thumb.jpg.12eb2657a60a7cd14c08447a2aeb8f9f.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I think for a bit of clarity I should mention that while I had a problem and they lost my money transferred to their bank.

... After contacting them I did receive quick and helpful responses and the matter was sorted within a could of hours (Perhaps not even that)

After this thread I now know what to look for so I can identify this issue myself if needed int he future.  I think I will use them again at some point because getting it sorted was hassle free although worrying that they can loose transfers to their accounts.

Archived