• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Full Stack / Full Collection Photos

On 22/08/2020 at 21:26, trozau said:

My stash/collection (Au, Pt, Pd & Ag in coins & medals) easily fits in 2 convenient sized, easy to carry grab bags of Black & Decker tool bags.

C3E6E7E9-CF3D-4866-80CA-91B495D15C88.thumb.jpeg.07213135b3c073a22659acc2deeddcac.jpeg

Love it. Heavy duty bags those.

what sort of weight do they hold? (Probably more than what my arms can!!)

2 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I like those gold coins bottom right what are they? Although are my eyes deceiving me or does it have the word C*NT on!?!?

Yes indeed! Who said Latin was boring?

Here's a better view at the gold.

They are 4 10 Gulden coins, with all four versions of Wilhelmina, heir to the throne as early as 11 years old. The two with heads up are from 1897 and 1898, the other two are from 1911 and 1925 showing the backside. 

There is also one golden Dubbele Dukaat. The weight is close to 1/4 oz, and the 10 Guldens closer to 1/5 oz.

1598540761648.jpg

1 hour ago, Toshunya86 said:

The one with the young princess usually commands a slightly higher premium due to its unrivalled beauty 

The 1897 version was produced 450.000 times, but prior years just a couple of 100, which are also order of magnitude more valuable. There sheer bulk of 10 Guldens are more affordable since there are many millions of the many different versions in circulation, and as with many of our pre-euro currency, sitting unused in dumpsters waiting to be collected by people who still see value in them. Just from the latest design from 1925, 12 million pieces were produced over the years. I paid about 10% premium on these coins, but the rare ones can go for 1000's of euro's a piece. There are also rare editions of these more circulated coins with minimal design alterations, I have these rarer versions, which doesn't reflect in prize because they are still available in a relatively large quantity.

On that portrait facing to the left, Wilhelmina is 10 years old, and on the next version from 1898 11 years old, depicted with crown after the official inauguration. I'm not sure why she is facing the other way but it has to do with throne succession, I believe they face left after succession and to the right in later versions. For some reason they chose these younger portraits because she was 18 years old when she was inaugurated and these coins came out, but I think it has to do with her being the immediate successor at such a young age, despite her mother taking the role of regent during Wilhelmina's childhood.

Edited by JBrans

3 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Originally i was aiming for 100 sovs then got distracted by queens beasts and Britannias lol. I think my very 1st post on the forum was how i hoped to get 100 sovereigns. Finally made it lol

Great achievement.  You have done well to keep on track and focus, despite the QB’s distraction 😃

2 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

A few less britannias but i have finally breached 100 sovereigns so thought i would mark the occasion with an updated stack picture!

DC156422-3F09-4281-9D90-BBC17226D7B7.jpeg

So good, congrats! How long did it take you?

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

14 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

A few less britannias but i have finally breached 100 sovereigns so thought i would mark the occasion with an updated stack picture!

DC156422-3F09-4281-9D90-BBC17226D7B7.jpeg

Sorry one more question, did you just get ones you liked or is did you collect specific ones?

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...