• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/10 oz Britannia Capsules / Tubes / Storage...

greektony

I finally think I am going to pull the trigger on my first gold purchase. I have about 250 oz silver and think I need to at least try and approach a gold/silver ratio somewhat similar to the current $ gold/silver ratio.

I have been too-ing and fro-ing between 1/10 britannia's or full sovereigns for the last couple of months. As much as i like the history of the sovereign I think I prefer the idea of starting my collection with 24ct gold at least as a first buy. My intent is over time to fill a tube with these Britannias which leads to my questions..

- can anyone recommend somewhere which sells tubes for 1/10 oz britannias? I can't seem to find anywhere with stock
- as they are 24ct even if they will live there lives with me in a tube is it worth putting them in a capsule first for protection? if so can recommend a capsule AND a tube which would then fit them? Is it possible to buy a capsule which is the same size as a silver 1 oz britannia and then use the silver tube as storage as they seem easier to come by?

Hopefully by the time anyone responds i haven't flipped back to sovereigns lol!!

Edited by greektony

Worth considering that a new 1/4 Britannia will only cost you a few more £s than a new Sovereign. Bigger than a 1/10, lower premium too. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

Thanks all for your replies. 1/4 oz are the better deal just that much more each so not so easy to get 1 every month. 

Despite the username I am in the UK so any non EU (for now) suggestions are not worth it due to shipping costs and potential import duties? 

I suppose I need to find a site that sells capsules for 1/4 or 1/10 oz coins but with an overall diameter of a larger coin so i can easily find a tube. I will keep digging and let anyone know if I find anything.

Also, with Brexit looming (urgh!) part of me feels i need to try and finish my monster box of silver britannia's as much as I can before presumably silver becomes a non investment opportunity due to the VAT situation (other than buying tubes on this site I suppose).

On 09/02/2019 at 20:42, greektony said:

Thanks all for your replies. 1/4 oz are the better deal just that much more each so not so easy to get 1 every month. 

Despite the username I am in the UK so any non EU (for now) suggestions are not worth it due to shipping costs and potential import duties? 

I suppose I need to find a site that sells capsules for 1/4 or 1/10 oz coins but with an overall diameter of a larger coin so i can easily find a tube. I will keep digging and let anyone know if I find anything.

Also, with Brexit looming (urgh!) part of me feels i need to try and finish my monster box of silver britannia's as much as I can before presumably silver becomes a non investment opportunity due to the VAT situation (other than buying tubes on this site I suppose).

Coinsgallery does caps for 1/10 coins. I have quite a few, and I think I had a couple of tubes, but need to check which ones I used. Unfortunately am out of country so can’t get to the safety deposit box for a couple of weeks

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting timing that this thread has re-surfaced.

My focus is to slowly build a stack of 1oz Silver Brits but will also want a similar ratio to Gold longer term.

I'm either going down a 1/4 Oz Gold Brits or Sovereign route so will keeping things simple with RM tubes where possible.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019