• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver in London

Butler106

Iam heading down to London on Thursday with the family and wondered if anyone can recommend a a good silver shop I could maybe take a deliberate detour past with the family and pick up a wee coin or bar? 

Ive done a search of all the shops in the area but just wondered if any of you prefer one to another or one you use often?

thanks in advance 👍

On Charing Cross Road at the National Portrait Gallery end there is a little coin shop. As far as I know It has been there for years and I have peeped in the window but I have never actually been inside the shop. Does anyone know it? 

I've been in the ice cream shop next door though and that is highly recommended 😀

2019-02-08_1940.png

Sharps Pixley do a cracking little Silver 1oz bar with Tower Bridge stamped on it. A perfect little postcard memory of your day out. I send them to stacker friends overseas in the US as little gifts - they love ‘em. 

24F3AB39-B042-483A-840A-58879CA49459.jpeg

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

15 hours ago, Abyss said:

http://silvervaultslondon.com/

I have not been but when take the family to London next definitely want to visit the London Underground Silver valut.

Plus one for the silver vaults. I've been a few times, just window shopping really as I found the pieces I collect massively overpriced. 

Well worth a visit though. 

3 hours ago, Butler106 said:

I seen them on their web site kitboy 👍 they look great. Think I’ll defo pop in here when we are down.  😁

They are cute little bars. The premium is a little high naturally plus VAT. But sometimes a little what you like does you good 👍🏻

They also do a nice 1/4oz gold bar almost on parity with 1/4oz Britannia. If you like gold bars and want more than a 1 or 5g but don’t want to pay the full 1/2 or 1oz price I recommend them 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

1 hour ago, Butler106 said:

Popped into the shop today. Some really nice items in there but well out my price range. 

Picked up one of these though. My very first bit of silver, think this is going to be as addictive as coin collecting. 🙈😍

320EBB69-6513-4757-8769-2097355C04E2.jpeg

This is how it starts....just £20 here and there...next thing you know it's £1000 a month and hiding things from the wife....

3 hours ago, lightjaw said:

This is how it starts....just £20 here and there...next thing you know it's £1000 a month and hiding things from the wife....

3 hours ago, MickD said:

And they start getting a bit annoyed when the postie rings for signed for, two or three times a week.

Hahahaha totally!! She knows me too well already.

plus the gruffallo 50p coin comings our next week! 🙈🙈🤑🤑

On 14/02/2019 at 17:53, Butler106 said:

Popped into the shop today. Some really nice items in there but well out my price range. 

Picked up one of these though. My very first bit of silver, think this is going to be as addictive as coin collecting. 🙈😍

That’s how the afflation starts.

1oz, 2oz, 4oz……………………………………. 100oz…………….

2 hours ago, jacobkenn said:

Going to cup final at wembley sunday looked up this shop 45 mins from ground anyone know of dealers near Wembley 

Thanks jay

Depends on what sort of dealer you want?

Whoops sorry wrong forum.

14 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I was in London yesterday and found this great shop called CoinCraft

That's the place across the road from the British Museum isn't it? I passed by there today. I always have a peek in their window whenever I'm visiting the museum but most of their stuff is way out of my price range.

I don't know if they still do it but they used to publish a regular flyer, almost like a magazine, with their current offers in it. It was good for poring over while sitting in the museum grounds eating lunch.

(Incidentally I was visiting the museum to visit the Ashurbanipal King of Assyria exhibition, which was flippin' amazing)

p.s. if anyone's around that area then I noticed that that the Oxfam bookshop on Bloomsbury Street (around the corner from the British Museum) had a single lonely 2015 American Silver Eagle for sale today. It was £20 which is a bit more than it's worth- I don't usually mind paying a quid or two more in a charity shop but it looked a bit tarnished so I left it behind.

Archived