• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Proof Britannia out at Royal Mint

Release day for the 2019 Proof Britannia. 

Don't forget to use TopCashback if you are buying, for a decent discount on Gold & Silver

804265817_ProofBritannia.thumb.jpg.4dc725e584e0e9716337cf8499d3a933.jpg

Topcashback.jpg.a323c73fc3f6db3bc034884ed795e059.jpg

1674327822_Britanniaphoto.jpg.3b3f8e49bb57ffc323bd347ee012596b.jpg

What are peoples thoughts? 

Mintages seem lower across the board for these, quite possibly because the 2018 versions are still in stock? 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Nice design, has kind of a generic American feel to it? I don't have the artistic knowledge to describe why, just reminds me of modern US coin design. Maybe it's the sun rays

Nice, but safe

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

11 minutes ago, ToneVonshe said:

I saw this design, paused and thought something is off about it.  After further observation I can't help but notice Lady Britannia's face is a bit, well, manly. Am I the only one?

I agree after looking close up. Could it be the 1st RM Transgender Coin ??

14 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

I agree after looking close up. Could it be the 1st RM Transgender Coin ??

I mean, it all depends on the definition of gender. It's kind of hard to ask Britannia how they identify because they're not really a person more of an archetype. If you look at Britannia as being a personification of the people of the British Isles then I guess it'd be about fifty-fifty?

I guess what I'm really saying is that I wish I could rock that toga look as well as the figure on the coin 😍

6 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Release day for the 2019 Proof Britannia. 

Don't forget to use TopCashback if you are buying, for a decent discount on Gold & Silver

804265817_ProofBritannia.thumb.jpg.4dc725e584e0e9716337cf8499d3a933.jpg

Topcashback.jpg.a323c73fc3f6db3bc034884ed795e059.jpg

1674327822_Britanniaphoto.jpg.3b3f8e49bb57ffc323bd347ee012596b.jpg

What are peoples thoughts? 

Mintages seem lower across the board for these, quite possibly because the 2018 versions are still in stock? 

Agree completely, the design isn't strong, they are pushing the price hard which in turn will make profit flipping a lot harder. Just wonder if they took the suns rays from the new Australian Eagle design

37 minutes ago, ToneVonshe said:

I saw this design, paused and thought something is off about it.  After further observation I can't help but notice Lady Britannia's face is a bit, well, manly. Am I the only one?

She is a touch angular, the jaw is quite manly, but I can see it both ways, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't suggested... but then, she is around 1000 years old (IIRC) so who knows what she really looked like! I'd guess that she was rather manly in demeanor, so that she gathered the respect of her Warriors.

6 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I assume this might replace the Plain Fields standard Britannia design, which has been the BU version for the last few years. This is a better idea.

There's already a standard 2019 Britannia though. Maybe they're just introducing a higher premium brit each year. I hope so!

1 minute ago, Bullionaire said:

There's already a standard 2019 Britannia though. Maybe they're just introducing a higher premium brit each year. I hope so!

Is there, I hadn’t noticed the 2019 yet. Just an extra one then.

Archived