• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver giveaway! - Children With Cancer UK

Wackattak924

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wackattak924 said:

You would be paying well over the odds for my 1934 coins as I only have a single 1934 threepence. 

Well, it would be for a great cause :) Sadly that one I already got. I look for 1934 pieces to give to a great aunt for her 85th birthday and that one is in it. 

I'll tell you this! I will return tomorrow evening after a funeral. I gather I would need cheering up as it's a very good friends unborn baby we're burying, very sad, and if there is some amount left I will pitch in the rest to 700, coin or no coin :) That I promise! Give something towards someone elses life, as we took farewell of another. Would be fitting :)

Hi guys I'm currently going through the list of donors now to create a list with a number for each person. 

There are a few that have donated but not used their TSF username when donating. 

Could anyone that thinks that they might have made such a donation please send me a message by midday tomorrow. 

I don't want to leave anyone out of the draw please get in touch. 

Thank you all 

Well the target has officially been smashed!

Screenshot_20190329-120017.thumb.jpg.46b08db6543b8aca72e60b30ca7af1ab.jpg

That is amazing Thank you all so much. 

It means a lot to me but most importantly it's all about the children that this will help. 

So for the draw! 

Watch this space I will be drawing the winners in the next 2 hours. 

Thanks again guys

Sorry I didn’t take part in this fund raiser.

Gift Aid is a brilliant way of raising funds as the government refunds the 20% tax paid by contributors to the charity.

With gift aid and electrician friends on internet sites I raised £700 for Macmillan Nursing at the cost of my beard.

Beard_zps1561ae02.thumb.jpg.167485b01d3f8119cc5e3fdb98378dc0.jpg2_zpsda9b9d1f.thumb.jpg.cf05fae8194104da2fe203fa11ed80de.jpg

16 hours ago, TonyS said:

Sorry I didn’t take part in this fund raiser.

Gift Aid is a brilliant way of raising funds as the government refunds the 20% tax paid by contributors to the charity.

With gift aid and electrician friends on internet sites I raised £700 for Macmillan Nursing at the cost of my beard.

Beard_zps1561ae02.thumb.jpg.167485b01d3f8119cc5e3fdb98378dc0.jpg2_zpsda9b9d1f.thumb.jpg.cf05fae8194104da2fe203fa11ed80de.jpg

The £700 beard 😀. Macmillan is a brilliant cause, they helped my family a lot both while my cousin had cancer and the support they provided after he passed away was great. Well done 👍

You made a good point about gift aid. I hadn't posted the amount raised including gift aid so

IMG_20190401_093137.jpg.70bef2cf349fcfbe35accfb4e93a4c17.jpg

It totalled an extra £55 so total raised was £865

Thanks guys. This really shows what a great bunch you find on the silver forum 👍

• ChrisSilver unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oldun said:

One month to go now. Hope the training is going well and your boots are well worn in.

Thanks for the reminder mate lol 😱.

Yeah the training has gone well and has now slowed down to 6 miles a day at a fair pace. I don't need to pick up any niggles now so close. The boots are nice and worn and considering they have done a few thousand miles they are in great shape and far more comfortable than when new 👍.

Spot on. Don't forget to have a second pair somewhat worn in or well worn in in case your preferred ones fall apart or start to change shape and hurt. Footcare is without doubt (socks included) the single most important consideration. Good luck :)

31 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Don't forget to have a second pair somewhat worn in or well worn in in case your preferred ones fall apart or start to change shape and hurt.

For space saving I have a pair of underarmour running shoes in my pack just incase the boots give out.  Also 4 pairs of liners and 4 pairs of regatta all weather socks that I will change as needed. 

It's all mental preparation now 🤪 lol.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Go get em :) and the best of British.......heck of a thing you are attempting, sir. And dont forget to charge your mobile before you head out....

I went out and bought a large power bank. Hopefully it will keep me in audio books and motivational messages for the whole duration. 

55 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Best post I’ve seen for ages on the Silver Forum and what a beautiful location for a charity walk!

Im looking forward to getting out in the hills now we will have to see how it compares to Wales lol 

Archived