• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver giveaway! - Children With Cancer UK

Wackattak924

@DonkeyKong has just donated a 1 oz 2019 perth mint dragon bar in capsule - add it to my prize custody as well as a Panda from @Agpanda

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

@DonkeyKong has just donated a 1 oz 2019 perth mint dragon bar in capsule - add it to my prize custody as well as a Panda from @Agpanda

Thank you @DonkeyKong that is very kind of you 🤗.

Thank you @BackyardBullion for keeping us updated and helping out with this 👍

Some amazing stories on here about children with cancer.  I wasn't going to out myself as I like to keep my private life private.  However.

I'm really pleased you have chosen CWCUK  as their charity and the one I helped found are working in partnership this year.   My son Ted was diagnosed with cancer aged 6 months story below.

We then started a charity to support all children with cancer through the Beads of Courage.  Last year we were approached by CWCUK and as from this year January we are now working in partnership to support all the newly diagnosed children with cancer.    

https://www.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/childhood-cancer-info/beads-of-courage/

One other thing, out of all the charities that have wanted to work with my charity, this is the only one that the trustees and I felt was a perfect match.   I had the pleasure of meeting Eddie O'Gorman at his house last year.  After speaking to him about his journey it was evident that CWCUK would be the best fit.  Both our Ethos are aligned.

So thank you for choosing this amazing charity, and good luck with your run.   

I'm going to pm you a message too.

regards

Bully

On 10/02/2019 at 14:20, bully said:

Some amazing stories on here about children with cancer.  I wasn't going to out myself as I like to keep my private life private.  However.

I'm really pleased you have chosen CWCUK  as their charity and the one I helped found are working in partnership this year.   My son Ted was diagnosed with cancer aged 6 months story below.

We then started a charity to support all children with cancer through the Beads of Courage.  Last year we were approached by CWCUK and as from this year January we are now working in partnership to support all the newly diagnosed children with cancer.    

https://www.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/childhood-cancer-info/beads-of-courage/

One other thing, out of all the charities that have wanted to work with my charity, this is the only one that the trustees and I felt was a perfect match.   I had the pleasure of meeting Eddie O'Gorman at his house last year.  After speaking to him about his journey it was evident that CWCUK would be the best fit.  Both our Ethos are aligned.

So thank you for choosing this amazing charity, and good luck with your run.   

I'm going to pm you a message too.

regards

Bully

Thank you Bully,

For sharing your son's story and for showing us the amazing work that beads of courage do. I am glad that you are partnered with CWCUK and hope that this fundraiser also benefits what you are doing. 

Thank you 

For everyone else:

Bully has honoured me by asking me to wear some special beads of courage on my shoelaces when I take my challenge. These beads will then be sent off to  a hospital to give to a child that is on the beads for courage programme and struggling with their treatment.  

I thought that is a nice personal touch and thank Bully for that opportunity 👍

Prize update

Hi guys 

@OnThePlop has very kindly donated some more coins to the prize draw!

He has donated a 2017 Niue Darth Vader and 2016 Canadian Superman thank you @OnThePlop.

The prize pot stands at:

2x 2019 Britannia 1oz

2019 Australian Koala 1 oz

2019 Australian Kookaburra 1 oz

2011 Panda - kindly donated by @Agpanda

2014 1oz Somalian Elephant with Horse Privy - kindly donated by @KevinFlynn

2014 1oz Britannia - also donated by @KevinFlynn

2019 1oz perth mint dragon bar kindly donated by @DonkeyKong 

2017 1oz Niue Darth Vader kindly donated by @OnThePlop

2016 1oz Canadian Superman also donated by @OnThePlop

My original idea was to have three prize winners. That originally was 3 coins for 1st, 2coins for 2nd & 1 coin for 3rd place. However, the prize pot has been growing and now stands at 10 ounces, almost double what I originally planned. 

So to keep with that idea I will draw three winners 1st place 5oz 2nd place 3oz and 3rd place 2oz. 

Now how to split them. I have my ideas but would love to hear yours 😀

Auction can be found here

On 15/02/2019 at 11:44, BackyardBullion said:

I have received two coins, a 2010 Britannia and 2017 MS70 Saltwater Crocodile from @Quantumbomber who has donated them to the Children with Cancer giveaway/fundraiser organised by @Wackattak924

He has asked me to auction these items off and donate the proceeds to the Children with Cancer fund that @Wackattak924 is raising money for. 

So, we will be running this auction until Friday 22nd February with a finish time of 8pm.

Both coins are within the same auction. 

The finish time will be extended by 5 minutes if there is a bid within the last 5 minutes of the auction.

No reserve

Bidding increments of a minimum of 50p please

Buyer will pay me for the coin and I will donate to the charity. Full finish price of the coin will be donated and I will pay for postage in the UK. I would ask international buyers to chip in a little towards international postage though. 

Payment via Banks Transfer or PPF&F

Happy Bidding!

Any questions - or issues with the rules of this auction please let me know (actually the first auction I have run on the forum!)

BYB

IMG_20190215_113346.jpg

IMG_20190215_113355.jpg

Thought this might be worth noting here. 

Would like to give a massive thank you to @Quantumbomber for donating these coins. 

And also a massive thank you to @BackyardBullion taking the time to help out 👍

Auction can be found here

1 minute ago, Wackattak924 said:

Thought this might be worth noting here. 

Would like to give a massive thank you to @Quantumbomber for donating these coins. 

And also a massive thank you to @BackyardBullion taking the time to help out 👍

My pleasure!

Good bidding already for a very worthy cause!

Hi everyone

So I have been planning how to split the prize pot and have come to this. The prize pot currently stands at 10 ounces and this will be split into one 5 ounce lot, one 3 ounce lot and a two ounce lot. 

Two ounce lot: Britannia

2x 2019 Britannia 1 oz

Three ounce lot: Perth Mint

2019 Australian Koala 1 oz

2019 Australian Kookaburra 1 oz

2019 Perth Mint Dragon bar 1oz

Five ounce lot: five continents 

2011 Chinese Panda 1oz

2014 1oz Somalian Elephant with Horse Privy 1oz

2014  Britannia 1oz

2017 Niue Darth Vader 1oz

2016 Canadian Superman 1oz

That is an exciting giveaway! 

To be in with a chance please donate Here....

This is the final layout any further silver donations will be auctioned to raise money.

I would like to thank you all again for your support and generosity. 

The total raised to date is £300. There is also an auction underway here with the bidding currently at £60. 

Thank you everyone who has donated and helped with this.

P.s could anyone that has donated but not put their silver forum username in the comments section of my just giving page contact me so that I can add you to the draw list. 

Thank you 

All I can say is that you are batsh*t crazy to be running that far...I did the Nijmegan 4 day 50km a day (3 times) walk and the Belgium March of Death 100kms in exactly 24 hours....kudos sir...kudos.....

My missus had a chunk of lung taken out due to a brush with cancer and our kid was only a year old when she had to go into hospital for a couple of weeks.....donated a tenner to the cause. Good luck ! Your feet are gonna look like pizza by the end of it...

Also did some charity work for the beads of courage connected organisation “Shine on! Kids” at a fancy big roller American Club where we raised a couple hundred thousand at a posh event....got em drunk, entertained and fed and did auctions etc.  These are people who can write it off as a tax loss (would have gone to the gov in taxes anyway) as they are rich thank goodness. For the liitle people, it comes straight out of our pockets so thank you to all who have gone the extra mile....pun intended....

Good luck fella !

6 hours ago, Wackattak924 said:

The salt water crocodile and Britannia auction ends tonight. 

All for a good cause - so don't be shy, give it a try!

Thanks guys

£60 raised and donated for you 😉

Screenshot_20190222-201728.png

Hi guys,

As we head into the last 29 days before I draw the giveaway, I just wanted to thank you all and provide an update as to how things are going. 

The amount raised so far is £390! And this is almost completely thanks to the community here on the silver forum, so thanks to you guys.

@bully has sent me the beads of courage that I will wear on my walk (I received these a few days ago but have struggled for time to photo and post).IMG_20190228_040116.thumb.jpg.1fb9e02d7cecb17d047c1215db3e2ec1.jpg

IMG_20190228_040032.thumb.jpg.932da5def7d0c1f703c0487338173f48.jpg

IMG_20190228_040242.thumb.jpg.b0b9a225cd29e8f61dfa7826786059d6.jpg

Thank you @bully for the opportunity to carry these beads 👍

Training is going well especially with the few days good weather that we have had this week. I'm currently training 3 days per week. Covering 22 miles per day so hopefully will be fairly prepared for the task when it come to it. 

IMG_20190225_092255.thumb.jpg.71fd1f0ba985612988555bf9d11a361a.jpgIMG_20190225_095336.thumb.jpg.55152ad92d492c705ec6024677bd871d.jpgIMG_20190225_081301_1.thumb.jpg.58da43ae6b7946c5e5aad4032c6fdf34.jpgIMG_20190225_081304_1.thumb.jpg.7294cf0efd1aaf19460ee448c7869ce9.jpgIMG_20190225_081252_1.thumb.jpg.5404a2f5e089777b2d497d0bace86658.jpg

just a few photos of the beautiful Welsh outdoors that I am lucky enough to have to train with.

So guys with 29 days left until the draw, to be in with a chance of getting you hands on one of the prizes all you have to do is make a donation Here. Please put your silver forum username followed by TSF in the comments box. 

Thanks again guys 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KevinFlynn said:

So, out of interest, how many participants are in the draw up until now?

Currently 17. 

There are 2 that will need to confirm with me who they are as I only have real names so hard to identify as silver forum members. 

I will be posting an update later today with photos of the prizes 😀

Archived