• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello, I'm new here.

Hiptobesquare

I've been directed here from YouTube, it seems like a valuable place to gain some knowledge and info. I have 20oz of silver coins that I've bought, but I have made a mistake along the way. My mistake was buying from Bullion by post, I bought 10 2019 brits from them, obviously I paid the VAT. Then I discovered SilvertoGo and I made a purchase there, which was better price wise.

I'd like some info - I want to know how much I should be paying per 1oz silver brit and the best place to buy them? Let's say I'm buying 15- 20 per month. I have also come across 2013 and 2014 brits at 16 a coin,  I can see from online companies that brits are going for more than that. Should I only buy brits that were made recently 2017/18/19?  And is there any difference in them at all that would make them cheaper than the newer versions ? Ty

Welcome to the forum!

Best place to buy brits is Europe. The group order I arranged recently gave people a price (including all delivery etc.) of £378 for a tube of 25 britannias. Thats about £15.12/oz

We will be doing another group order in Feb, so you could join then!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

It might also be worth your while considering some of the semi-numismatic products out there, with the Queen's Beasts series being an obvious standout.

The margin on the latest 2oz bullion coin in the QB series (the falcon) is 20.1% vs 18.2% for the 2019 Britannia. Not a huge difference and the QB is a beautiful coin.

However, you do need to consider how you might eventually resell the coins. If you're going to sell to a dealer who will only pay you spot whatever you give them then you're better off going for the lowest margin. However, it should be possible to sell a QB coin for more (perhaps much more) than spot in the future if you don't go the dealer route.

Hi and welcome there! Though I'm from Canada,  I saw somebody writing that Atkinsons has the best prices for silver. And about the year - as the practice shows the cheapest coins are random year or the previous year (2018)

Cheapest place in Europe as per my experience is mostly, goldsilver.be.

https://goldsilver.be/nl/1-oz-30-gr/1558-1-oz-silver-britannia-2019.html

As from second purchase you can choose to store a few orders before sending it to reduce the average shipping cost. They store for 18 months, but you can even ask for a prolongation.

Sometimes it pays of comparing different sites, but you have to take into account shipping cost if you place orders in different places. I recently found a better deal on 2018 silver Libertads via an other Belgian dealer (goud999.com).

Hello and welcome ☺️

There is a lot of good advice above.

Know that with bullion coins like Britannias (Maples, Eagles, Philharmonics, and their like) you do not generally aim for collector's worth, but just for the inherent worth of the silver. So looking for dates can be a secondary criterium with the main criterium being the price. An ounce of silver is an ounce of silver with these coins.

It gets a bit better with those type of coins that have certain variations in design, but for more significant price differences you would need dedicated collector's series coins, like for example the mentioned Queen's Beasts or Lunars (the australian seem to produce the highest collector's value).

Archived