• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to buy China

I for one believe Trump knows what he's doing.  But will he be able to do anything positive on the trade front, long term?  See, the real problem is Congress.  They're the ones who spend us into oblivion.  They're the ones who make more and more laws.  Ultimately, they're the problem.  And they do whatever they please.

As for buying China, wait until they're finished buying the US and Africa.  Then you get the whole package.  

• 1 month later...

The Bear market is well and truly over now.

SHCOMP +30% since bottoming at the start of the year and in fact stands at  fresh 1yr high.

Probably not worth chasing the market higher in the short term, but this has much more upside potential over the coming years. a bull market will tend to take out old highs, which should make the 2015 bubble peak at 5200 a long term target.

I don't have direct access, but I hold funds in Emerging markets and Asia which are heavily weighted in China.

Remember.. buy bombed out markets everyone else is reviled by a market and can only see downside, for there is only one way left for them to go.

China
Platinum

(or you could just "stick to buying sovs lads" ^_^ )

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2019 at 06:19, vand said:

The Bear market is well and truly over now.

SHCOMP +30% since bottoming at the start of the year and in fact stands at  fresh 1yr high.

Probably not worth chasing the market higher in the short term, but this has much more upside potential over the coming years. a bull market will tend to take out old highs, which should make the 2015 bubble peak at 5200 a long term target.

I don't have direct access, but I hold funds in Emerging markets and Asia which are heavily weighted in China.

Remember.. buy bombed out markets everyone else is reviled by a market and can only see downside, for there is only one way left for them to go.

China
Platinum

(or you could just "stick to buying sovs lads" ^_^ )

So the replayed markets that are at bottoms are 

platinum

china

so time to buy while lows?

what about:

silver

bitcoin

arent they all lows? Too?

• 7 months later...

Interested to know your current outlook on China given the recent trade war issues and the protests that have been happening.

Still a good buy or a bit risky?

4 hours ago, scotland210590 said:

Interested to know your current outlook on China given the recent trade war issues and the protests that have been happening.

Still a good buy or a bit risky?

China is always going to be risky because your not investing in a free market as we understand it in the West. There the state controls everything including corporations.

As an investor you have to have as a foundation a set list of criteria for a company to be investable. So you might decide it needs to have the interests of you and other shareholders as its priority and it should allocate its capital wisely for example.

We also typically have a number of assumptions about how companies will behave in the west, assumptions around their aims and their freedom to persue them free from state interference.

With the Chinese state as the defacto CEO of all companies operating in China these assumptions are no longer possible and shareholders are certainly not the priority interest for the companies themselves. This adds a huge element of the unknown to investing in China.

The state is able to dictate what a company does, how much it produces, who it employs in key positions, where it operates and to who it can and cannot enact business with, what laws it will and will not follow internationally.

Quantifying this in terms of risk is impossible. As a result a suitable margin of safety in terms of price...or in other words, how much a company needs to be discounted in order to make its risk/ reward profile adequate, is impossible. For that reason some investors just flat out refuse to invest in places like China. Not because you can’t profit on doing so, of course you can, but because the risk is unknowable and therefore unpriceable...and quantifying risk to discern what fair value is the foundation of good investing. 

Russia is very cheap but for similar reasons many investors refuse it.

49 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Really like his content. Well explained and detailed. Uk focussed as well unlike most financial content on youtube

Yep, he produces excellent content.  Well explained, and he doen't display any strong biases towards any particular style or asset type.

another good source is Andrew Craig's How To Own The World video series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOFx-5nQiB4&list=PLrDZqw9Hf97YSy2e-BmsYsUSw0xwBdEhz

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

are in on the NYSE with that? or CNY

Nyse and Hong Kong exchange.

I own some on both, I know there is risk of delisting. Can't see it though.

5 minutes ago, TheApe said:

Nyse and Hong Kong exchange.

I own some on both, I know there is risk of delisting. Can't see it though.

Yeah I watched the video I think the guy is right. I think trump would kick the chinese out the NYSE if relations went to a point when war drums actually beat..... Which i cant see happening.

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

Yeah I watched the video I think the guy is right. I think trump would kick the chinese out the NYSE if relations went to a point when war drums actually beat..... Which i cant see happening.

Yeah and if that happen we have bigger problems, endgame🤣

Archived