• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pundits, Forecasters and Analytical Platforms

EdNug

When it comes to pundits, forecasters and analytical platforms, who are the top Forumite influences??

Gerald Celente, Max Keiser and Peter Schiff are top of the tree in my mind - Celente for the bigger picture stuff; Keiser (despite his caffeine-addled mania!!) for his anarchistic righteousness and financial warrior mentality; and, Peter Schiff as a conservative balance, crypto-skeptic and for his straight talking critique of QE and central banking policies.

As far as platforms go I find that SD Bullion's youtube channel is always worth a listen. The guy who runs it is a young dude keen to glean as much knowledge as he can from his more experienced interviewees, and that makes it always worth a listen.

I also check Zerohedge about 10 times a day!

Wealth Watchmen was a good truth teller. He doesn't post much these days. 

Max keiser mad as bag of frogs, but Stacey keeps him on the meds. They opened my eyes to both PM's and crypto/Blockchain.

Some of the people max and Stacey have interviewed over the years have been a wealth of valuable information.

Celente is a total muppet. How can anyone take him seriously?

Schiff is a good listen and can teach you a lot about Austrian economics, but is a lousy forecaster.

For more sensible coverage I would recommend:

Illuminatisilver
igoldadvisor

26 minutes ago, vand said:

Celente is a total muppet.

Everyone has an opinion, but personal insults without justification say more about you than the subject matter.

I've never heard of the people you mention but I'll check them out.

I come from a background of International Relations and political economy, and I can promise you that from these perspectives Celente is bang on the money.

Just now, EdNug said:

Everyone has an opinion, but personal insults without justification say more about you than the subject matter.

No, he really is all that and more. Getting angry at stuff that is completely out of your sphere of influence a not good platform for investment or personal finance. 

Just now, vand said:

No, he really is all that and more. Getting angry at stuff that is completely out of your sphere of influence a not good platform for investment or personal finance. 

Such as? Give some examples.  He never claims to be an investment advisor or PM expert but he does an excellent job of analysing the bigger picture / the context in which the PM markets exist.

14 minutes ago, EdNug said:

Such as? Give some examples.  He never claims to be an investment advisor or PM expert but he does an excellent job of analysing the bigger picture / the context in which the PM markets exist.

Are you serious? Every interview he snarls, waves his arms in the air, and you can hear the disdain rising in his voice. I guess that's why people like to interview him. Proceed with caution if deciding what to do with your money based on the rantings of such doomsters.  Yes the economy is mismanaged and hence will blow up from time to time, but adopting a permabear position listening to this guys is putting yourself in a straightjacket.

As a more balanced view, I would recommend going to listen to either of the 2 latest videos from illuminati silver or igold advisor, and see how they contrast to the arm-waving ranting of Celente.

Three that i like and watch on youtube on a regular basis  are:

- Lynnette Zang ITM Trading ( explains some complex thing like derivitives especially related to Deutche bank very well)

- Maneco64 (ex London trader. very interesting and gives a balanced opinion)

- illuminati Silver (Not so much now that they have their own website and charge for access)

23 hours ago, vand said:

Are you serious? Every interview he snarls, waves his arms in the air, and you can hear the disdain rising in his voice. I guess that's why people like to interview him. Proceed with caution if deciding what to do with your money based on the rantings of such doomsters.  Yes the economy is mismanaged and hence will blow up from time to time, but adopting a permabear position listening to this guys is putting yourself in a straightjacket.

As a more balanced view, I would recommend going to listen to either of the 2 latest videos from illuminati silver or igold advisor, and see how they contrast to the arm-waving ranting of Celente.

There's nothing wrong with passion and strong opinions, I have no time whatsoever for political apathy or whimpy sit-on-the-fence pussies who're afraid to show emotion.

I share many his exasperations - especially when it comes to the political abuse of power and robotic autocue reading puppets on MSM.

And when it comes to the ability to affect change, we are all, as individuals, far more powerful than most believe.

Just like Rage Against the Machine said - 'anger is a gift'

On 10/01/2019 at 13:07, QStack said:

Three that i like and watch on youtube on a regular basis  are:

- Lynnette Zang ITM Trading ( explains some complex thing like derivitives especially related to Deutche bank very well)

- Maneco64 (ex London trader. very interesting and gives a balanced opinion)

I echo these two picks. Lynette is excellent and I always tune in the live q and a sessions they have. I like maneco64 too and have spoken to him a couple of times, he even asked me to moderate his love chat once. Nice guy and well informed.

belangp is my favorite, all of his videos have great value, some I have watched many times over the years. I have no idea why his channel is not more popular, some of his videos have very few views.

Chris Arron always offers a compelling bearish case in with the bullish, I like this balance, he is the best analyst on YouTube in my view. 

Schiff podcasts are good once in a while, I liked his latest as he was trying hard to sell the virtues of mass immigration and humans as a national resource. It is an ultra capitalist way of seeing the world, good to know the elite perspective. Normally it's just commentary with some gems of economic theory. 

1 minute ago, Bullionaire said:

Was he worried it wound get a bit too saucy?

He does get quite a few trolls on his live streams for some reason, I dont remember exactly what the subject matter was but he had people spamming his chat and creating new accounts to get around the banning.  

Maneco64 is very good - i have watched him for quite some time. His view on gold and silver as sound money is very accurate, even if i do say so myself. Some forum members would do well to listen to his output.

i listen to London Paul - he was regularly on Rouge Money/News - i subscribe to his website, it is general very good and saves a large amount of work to keep up on the political landscape. He does mention gold and silver - he also sees precious metal becoming the backing for future money.

Illuminati Silver is ok - i am subscribed to his website - i do not agree with some of what they say but that is generally a healthy sign.

i listen to The Duran for more political views - very good indeed.

Alasdair Macleod is interesting - Andrew Maguire is very good - he gets very enthusiastic but he is a genuine chap.

Then i listen to all of the ones mentioned here. i haven't listened to Bix Weir for some time - he says nothing new, he plucks everything out of thin air and will tend to lead you astray. Jsnip4 is another but i think he is probably a genuine guy.

The more you listen the more you will hear is that gold and silver are sound money, fiat along with the banking system is designed to steal our wealth. Any saying they can see prices going to the moon as talking sh1t. They have no idea.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I would recommend adding you tube channel Cambridge house international, which uploads presentations, mostly commodity based. A lot of it is chaff and 'buy my company/join my long in x' type but there are some good generic presentations on specific commodities such as uranium, and on sectors such as the car industry, very informative if you have time to sift through and find ones that interest you. 

On 09/01/2019 at 11:20, EdNug said:

I used to do this but in a rare moment of self awareness I realised it was turning me into a doomster as if I wasn't permabear enough already :P

It's good once in a while. There is a joke that when zero hedge predicts something correctly, the economy will collapse and the world end. :D

6 hours ago, KDave said:

I used to do this but in a rare moment of self awareness I realised it was turning me into a doomster as if I wasn't permabear enough already :P

ZH is pretty good for dissident political articles, I'm more into it for that than the hardcore financial stuff. From a political economy perspective ZH and globalresearch are the two best sites that I've managed to find on the net. We're ruled by a deeply corrupt and criminal network of psychopathic terrorists so I greatly appreciate news sources which aren't afraid to report from that perspective, and just don't bother with those who refuse to acknowledge it. 

14 hours ago, sixgun said:

Alasdair Macleod is interesting

An excellent interview about Brexit on SDBullion's youtube channel yesterday: 

to my knowledge, people who are currently speaking sense on metals include:

peter hug(veterans view on predictions)

avi gilburt(veterans view on predictions)

igoldadvisor(general predictions with the right attitude to improve with new data)

peter schiff(general economics)

illuminatisilver(balanced view)

belangp(sensible views)

On 10/01/2019 at 10:19, Groundup said:

The PM's sector is full of Muppets and shrills. I don't think it's harsh to call them such when they get it wildly wrong.

HH

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 09/01/2019 at 11:20, EdNug said:

When it comes to pundits, forecasters and analytical platforms, who are the top Forumite influences??

Gerald Celente, Max Keiser and Peter Schiff are top of the tree in my mind - Celente for the bigger picture stuff; Keiser (despite his caffeine-addled mania!!) for his anarchistic righteousness and financial warrior mentality; and, Peter Schiff as a conservative balance, crypto-skeptic and for his straight talking critique of QE and central banking policies.

As far as platforms go I find that SD Bullion's youtube channel is always worth a listen. The guy who runs it is a young dude keen to glean as much knowledge as he can from his more experienced interviewees, and that makes it always worth a listen.

I have recently been watching George Gammon who presents a very technical examination of current issues....

Lynette  Zang of ITM is a good listen but she was a bit off the other day about the Triffin Dilema/Paradox .... !  A shame because it is a very important economic problem  for the dollar

ps. Has anyone started investing in "Uranium"?? 

Archived