• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Collectables From Lesser Known Mints

Marko

For those of you that have the time (and money) to collect obscure silver coins, I thought I would add a thread to show the coins out there that are not so well publicized. Great to see the coins that can slip under the radar.

I will start it off with the Chronos Series 1oz BU silver coins

Pressburg Mint Slovakia (2015 – present). Different design each year  (APPROX 28 EUROS EACH + SHIPPING AT TIME OF POSTING)

http://www.pressburgmint.com/products

CHRONOS 2015 BACK.png

CHRONOS 2015 FRONT.png

CHRONOS 2016 BACK.png

CHRONOS 2016 FRONT.png

CHRONOS 2017 BACK.png

CHRONOS 2017 FRONT.png

CHRONOS 2018 BACK.png

CHRONOS 2018 FRONT.png

CHRONOS 2019 BACK.png

CHRONOS 2019 FRONT.png

2 hours ago, Marko said:

Pressburg Mint Slovakia (2015 – present). Different design each year  (APPROX 28 EUROS EACH + SHIPPING AT TIME OF POSTING)

Very nice indeed!  I just found some on ebay for £19.27 + £5.50 p&p from Switzerland, 2016/17/18 ordered.

I also found this (photo) from the same dealer, same price, so I had all three.  If he's nice with the combined postage I should be able to land them for £21 each. Bargain!

Thanks for the post!

file.jpg

4 minutes ago, EdNug said:

Very nice indeed!  I just found some on ebay for £19.27 + £5.50 p&p from Switzerland, 2016/17/18 ordered.

I also found this (photo) from the same dealer, same price, so I had all three.  If he's nice with the combined postage I should be able to land them for £21 each. Bargain!

Thanks for the post!

file.jpg

Bear in mind there is a brilliant uncirculated (€28) and bullion (€21) versions. 

11 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Bear in mind there is a brilliant uncirculated (€28) and bullion (€21) versions. 

Looks like I've ordered the bullion versions instead, but he's got the BUnc  pictures listed so it shouldn't be a problem to cancel - they don't look half as good.

Thanks again!

11 minutes ago, EdNug said:

Looks like I've ordered the bullion versions instead, but he's got the BUnc  pictures listed so it shouldn't be a problem to cancel - they don't look half as good.

Thanks again!

@EdNug also keep in mind that Switzerland is outside the EU, so customs charges will apply. 

1 minute ago, Marko said:

@EdNug also keep in mind that Switzerland is outside the EU, so customs charges will apply. 

When I ordered I asked if they'd help me with some sympathetic paperwork, I find that most dealers are happy to oblige. (Mints not though.)

It looks like the ebay seller is using photos of the BUnc version to advertise the Bullion version so i asked them to confirm and cancel the order if this is the case.

I want me some of them coins though! Have you ordered from the mint before? Are they happy to help with friendly paperwork?? They seem quite small so I'm hopeful

@EdNug fingers crossed that he has the BU versions, and I hope that he helps out with the paperwork.

I haven’t dealt with this mint before, and when I ordered the full set today it led me to posting this topic. Luckily they are in the EU so no need for further paperwork.

I have bought from many smaller mints overseas, and hope that this thread leads to other forum members posting their “obscure” finds on here. I have bought many coins and bars after seeing other members posts on the forum, £ wise not always a good thing 😫

I will upload some other coins (that I already have), over the weekend, some a bit strange, but they caught my eye, and hopefully it gives out some ideas.

I hope you manage to get sorted

@Marko Some good news!  The ebay seller contacted me to say sorry for the confusion and that he's going to send me the BUnc versions at the price of the Bullion versions cos that's what was advertised. Very decent of him!  He did me an excellent deal on combined postage as well and also confirmed that they would be posted from Slovakia instead of Switzerland so no extra VAT when they arrive.  Happy days!!  Seeing as he's been so generous, here's his link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/wopaplus

I'll post the photos in the 'Just Received' thread when they arrive and tag you in the post.

Nice one!

A current series, not cheap, but interesting coins all the same. As these are from Canada, import charges may apply dependent on where you live.

This is the Temptation of the Succubus collection.

Pheli Mint Canada (2016 - present). Different design each year. 2oz Silver in BU, Antiqued or Proof. (Approx. US$ 70 - 75 + shipping +  applicable import charges, at time of posting).

SUCCUBUS 2016 FRONT.jpg

SUCCUBUS 2016 REAR.jpg

SUCCUBUS 2017 FRONT.jpg

SUCCUBUS 2017 REAR.jpg

SUCCUBUS 2018 FRONT.png

SUCCUBUS 2018 REAR.jpg

@Marko  There's been a lot of Satanic/occult inspired rounds and coins coming out recently - imo people should avoid them at all costs, the 'artists' who compose these images are fully aware of the meaning and symbolism of the images they are creating. Like a Katy Perry MK Ultra music video on a silver round. Silver bullets are far more apt for the era we find ourselves in!

• 2 weeks later...

An older series of coins by CHAUTAUQUA SILVER WORKS in New York. A small mint known for their "Different" designs. Limited series for collectors interested in their styles. Import charges may apply dependent on where you live.

This is the T.I.M.E. series, Also amongst their offerings  are the CRYPTIC series, TOXICITY series (2 series now available)

Chautauqua Silver Works (2016 - present). 1oz Silver Proof like. (Approx. US$ 32 + shipping +  applicable import charges, at time of posting). Available through the following link, or on ebay. As far as I know there is no direct link to the company

https://www.phelimint.com/collections/all-products/products/t-i-m-e-e-m-i-t-t-i-m-e-series-by-chautauqua-silver-works-1oz-999-fine-silver-round

chautauqua mint.jpg

emit 6.png

grain of sand 5.jpg

perpetual 3.png

portals of existence 4.png

shifting gears 2.png

time emit coin 1.png

time series.jpg

Archived