• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be refuse to send my order?

Kleiner

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, RichRock said:

it even has a label on it stating it's medical supplies and asking that it's not delivered to a neighbour.

The delivery drivers must think BYB is really seriously ill when they deliver the group orders...

42 minutes ago, RichRock said:

I haven't used goldsilver.be since many here including myself were having quite a few problems with them last year. Even if the OP's problem with payment/blackmail is resolved, the delivery side is comical considering we are talking bullion delivered under the pretence of "Medical Supplies" as labelled on their delivery boxes lol. Much better bullion suppliers out there. Mariner's problem above is a typical example (hope he/she doesn't mind me quoting)

Still my coins have not been shipped, I have not heard anything from them. I made the order 7th Oktober.

4 minutes ago, Kleiner said:

Still my coins have not been shipped, I have not heard anything from them. I made the order 7th Oktober.

What is the total Euro or Pound amount you are outstanding? (the amount they have kept and not shipped?)

38 minutes ago, RichRock said:

What is the total Euro or Pound amount you are outstanding? (the amount they have kept and not shipped?)

They have shipped 20 coins of 655.
(655-20) coins = 635 coins

20 coins = 323€        (shipped)
635 coins = 9350€   (the amount they have kept and not shipped)

1 minute ago, Kleiner said:

They have shipped 20 coins of 655.
(655-20) coins = 635 coins

20 coins = 323€        (shipped)
635 coins = 9350€   (the amount they have kept and not shipped)

My opinion, but do your own due diligence:

9350 Euro order not fulfilled= delivery failure. They have conducted financial blackmail by withholding your order unless you pay a fine, a fine that they themselves have generated as an invoice AFTER the purchase was made and paid for, and is therefore illegal. The correct transaction should have been that they refund you in full for remaining orders, minus transaction fees/currency fluctuations if there was an order discrepancy.

However, this is void IF you made the order, failed to pay and then tried to pay a lower amount due to falling Silver price. If that is the case, then they should have cancelled your order completely and you would have resubmitted a new order and payment.

If the retailer has failed to deliver, then therefore in breach under the Euro Union selling regulations and can be reported to the European Commissioners Office. 

If Goldsilver.be is in breach of European Union Law and you can report them online here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-commission/contact/problems-and-complaints/how-make-complaint-eu-level/submit-complaint_en

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have put up a poll to see what general consensus is on boycotting GS.be in favour of EU Mint.

Well worth a look - early days yet but only about 33% would say yes to a boycott.

Added 0 minutes later...

This is not really any of my business, although I have participated in a Group Order.  I was disappointed in the quality and presentation of the coins I was sent, but chose to keep my own counsel on that as the organiser was doing the best he could in a very Forum spirited manner and I take my hat of to someone who helps others, not themselves - most unusual these days. 

I made my own decision about future participation in the Group Order and moved on.

At one time a handshake or a Gentleman's word and the ensuing reputation was important, it seems less valued nowadays.

But what I am so interested in is why people with low post counts (usually only joining the Forum to broadcast their side of events) get airtime on the Forum when we only listen to one side of the story?  This then becomes a Gossip Festival which does not reflect well on anyone.  Indeed, I thought long and hard before posting myself.

The outcome of this, is more people with low post counts becoming spokesmen on behalf of the Forum Members saying that we all agree that it is best not to buy from this dealer, again.

So from me, I have no comment to make about the, one side, of the story we are being told that someone has already pointed out seems to change as we go along.

But what I am really sickened about is that a business is being tried on the Forum like this.  I am certain all those who know how they conduct their own affairs in a regular manner will continue to be able to make their own decisions based on their own experiences.  If you don't like it you know what to do.

If I were to advise anyone in a dispute situation it would be to sort it out quickly, in a friendly, businesslike manner and move on.  It is always nice when each party is permitted to make a graceful exit; I think we are past that point in this case.

The Forum is now being used to drag this incident through the mud and now as a catalyst to seek opinions on the future relationships with a business which , generally, seems to have served the Group Orders well. 

21 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

This is not really any of my business, although I have participated in a Group Order.  I was disappointed in the quality and presentation of the coins I was sent, but chose to keep my own counsel on that as the organiser was doing the best he could in a very Forum spirited manner and I take my hat of to someone who helps others, not themselves - most unusual these days. 

I made my own decision about future participation in the Group Order and moved on.

At one time a handshake or a Gentleman's word and the ensuing reputation was important, it seems less valued nowadays.

But what I am so interested in is why people with low post counts (usually only joining the Forum to broadcast their side of events) get airtime on the Forum when we only listen to one side of the story?  This then becomes a Gossip Festival which does not reflect well on anyone.  Indeed, I thought long and hard before posting myself.

The outcome of this, is more people with low post counts becoming spokesmen on behalf of the Forum Members saying that we all agree that it is best not to buy from this dealer, again.

So from me, I have no comment to make about the, one side, of the story we are being told that someone has already pointed out seems to change as we go along.

But what I am really sickened about is that a business is being tried on the Forum like this.  I am certain all those who know how they conduct their own affairs in a regular manner will continue to be able to make their own decisions based on their own experiences.  If you don't like it you know what to do.

If I were to advise anyone in a dispute situation it would be to sort it out quickly, in a friendly, businesslike manner and move on.  It is always nice when each party is permitted to make a graceful exit; I think we are past that point in this case.

The Forum is now being used to drag this incident through the mud and now as a catalyst to seek opinions on the future relationships with a business which , generally, seems to have served the Group Orders well. 

Well said, I too do not agree with the trial by forum approach. There is a time and place for things and in my opinion it should be after all is said and done and resolved, this will give a more accurate picture to those who are looking to do business with either party.

It's like reading reviews for a restaurant, 99 good reviews but the one that sticks in your mind is the one bad one.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

To be one of the other 99: I have not had any problems with them. In the shipment, packaging and quality of the coins.

A lot of the problems I see with GS.be on the forum start when something is done out of the ordinary by the buyer. (no contact with customer service is no bad contact with customer service)

Add: For me it is also the combination of price of coins, cheap shipping and the immense selection (usually there are some that I can't even find somewhere else)

On 12/10/2018 at 19:49, Kleiner said:

Hi,

Several month ago I made an order but regret it short after because the entire fund was not ready (will explain why below). Shortly after, I contacted GoldSilver.be and asked for alter in my order (11600 euro). I wanted to buy exact same coins but less., - 9000 euro. - because that was all I had at that time. (difference = 2600 euro).

However, instead om alter the order they canceled the it and said: "I've cancelled your last order. Please keep in mind that a cancellation generates costs and thus damage for GOLDSILVER.BE". I was surprised by them doing so, especially when no bill were issued or so.

Last week I made an new order for 10000 Euro (655 coins). Yesterday, I contacted them regarding when the order would be shipped, they replied:
"One parcell will be shipped today and one parcell tomorrow"

The following day (today) I was curios and asked them why they split up the order, why not ship the entire package in once?
Believe it or not they replied by saying: 
We forgot to thank you for the deposit. Pay for the damage from last time you cancelled the order, my friend. If not, you'll never see the rest of your order".

The first parcell they have shipped contains only 20 coins. Less than 1/10 of the entire order.

I mean can they really take my new order in ransom and refuse to ship the rest of the order? 

Best regards,
Kleiner

Did they come up with a specific number - what is the cancellation fee they claim? From your post it would be 9.700 Euros, give or take, if I understand it correctly? You orderd for 10.000 and got 20 coins. I would understand a fee that reflects the ups and downs in the silver spot price but the fluctuation they seem to assum, rather reflect the ups and down of the bitcoin market than that of the silver market. Did I get something wrong here?

Also, what is the time difference between the 11.600 Euro and the 10.000 Euro order? And did you try to place a 9.000 Euro order straight after the 11.600 Euro order and if not, was it because they cancelled the first order as a whole. What, if any, was the communication in between there?

In my opinion it would have been reasonable to claim a certain percentage of the difference between the 11.600 and the 9000 for the fluctuation and a bit more if they had prepared the shipping yet. Let's make it 20%. That would still be an order of 9.500 Euros you should receive for your 10.000. How can they only send you 20 coins? (is it all one ounce coins?) That's a cancellation fee not far below 100%. Even if you take the possibly longer period between the 11.600 and the 10.000 order that is and outrageous fee.

3 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

does GS.be even know about the silver forum.. maybe they should have someone monitor this site so they can get a feel for their customers and potential customers!!!

Oh stop it

We are just a bunch of guys talking about silver, nothing more, nothing less

Everyone feels so important these days

4 minutes ago, vanderPoot said:

Oh stop it

We are just a bunch of guys talking about silver, nothing more, nothing less

Everyone feels so important these days

They're sobbing and rocking quietly in the corner!

15 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

It's like reading reviews for a restaurant, 99 good reviews but the one that sticks in your mind is the one bad one.

The one bad review, if it refers to a situation as bad as this one appears to be, is the most important one. It shows the attitude of the owners/managers and how they will behave if they feel they can get away with it.

Ideally, yes, this "trial by forum" should be conducted after everything is sorted, but the OP was looking for advice on how to proceed with his problem, not slagging them off prematurely.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

20 hours ago, RichRock said:

I haven't used goldsilver.be since many here including myself were having quite a few problems with them last year. Even if the OP's problem with payment/blackmail is resolved, the delivery side is comical considering we are talking bullion delivered under the pretence of "Medical Supplies" as labelled on their delivery boxes lol. Much better bullion suppliers out there.

Mariner's problem above is a typical example (hope he/she doesn't mind me quoting)

No problem at all, it is what it is. To be fair, my gripe was with Yodel rather than GS.be.

On 15/10/2018 at 10:16, BackyardBullion said:

I have put up a poll to see what general consensus is on boycotting GS.be in favour of EU Mint.

Well worth a look - early days yet but only about 33% would say yes to a boycott.

Had better hope GS.be doesn't get pissed off at this whole discussion and messes with you on a group order. With their attitude I wouldn't put it past them.

Added 0 minutes later...

Archived