• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion Dealer Bham?

AuricGoldfinger

Can purchase by Cryptocurrency at numerous places but I think they only deliver?  Actually, I’ve heard of a place where you purchase with crypto and immediately sell it back for them to deposit to your bank... for a small fee.

2 minutes ago, Groundup said:

Bullion by post do a walk in with cash at the counter. AML laws apply. As recently as 1st July 2018 they withdraw there pay cash at the Barclays service, or should I say Barclays withdrew that service from bullion by post.

Just to add they have a sister store at same address that are cheaper in price. And you can log in using same email and password as by BBP.

2 minutes ago, Tingles said:

True.  I wonder if they’d bother for such a small amount of money?

I would imagine they keep a video record of everyone who enters.
Used to see this when I bought foreign currency at a place that also dealt with cashing cheques - that little camera in the corner ..

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I would imagine they keep a video record of everyone who enters.
Used to see this when I bought foreign currency at a place that also dealt with cashing cheques - that little camera in the corner ..

Yes cameras everywhere, I just wonder if they’d bother to view weeks of video on the off chance of catching someone?  I’m guessing you could travel from one dealer to another all over the country??

You could always buy from a member of the forum - i have taken possession face-to-face a few times. Backyard Bullion made a video recently of an exchange for cash face-to-face for a 100oz silver bar or maybe bars.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Thanks guys! I think i will phone atkinsons - its got to be worth the question. Otherwise bullion store seems like the next best thing - ive seen this place on previous trips to the jewellery quarter.

Ideally i want to pick up the BU Falcon & Bull - i know atkinsons stock these - not sure about the others. Otherwise I’d settle for 10 Sovereigns or a couple of brits.

Suprised at how many responses this topics generated so really appreciate everyones input.

46 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Thanks guys! I think i will phone atkinsons - its got to be worth the question. Otherwise bullion store seems like the next best thing - ive seen this place on previous trips to the jewellery quarter.

Ideally i want to pick up the BU Falcon & Bull - i know atkinsons stock these - not sure about the others. Otherwise I’d settle for 10 Sovereigns or a couple of brits.

Suprised at how many responses this topics generated so really appreciate everyones input.

Of course when you’ve purchased your gold you could always refit your Rolls Royce with gold parts and get Oddjob to drive to Switzerland as your namesake did!! 

6 minutes ago, greendragon said:

i have never been to a coin fair 

(i know,shame on me!)

but do they take grubby handfuls of cash , no questions asked?

and can i get sovs at a good bullion price there?

just a thought.

And near Birmingham too...

2 hours ago, greendragon said:

i have never been to a coin fair 

(i know,shame on me!)

but do they take grubby handfuls of cash , no questions asked?

and can i get sovs at a good bullion price there?

just a thought.

Would you really get sovereigns at a lower price than buying from Atkinsons or HGM ?
Also would you be 100% sure that the sovereigns were 22ct and not fake ?
If handed a dodgy coin you would never find the seller again, I guess, so back to my point - would it be worth it ?
I certainly would stay clear.

Can you pickup and pay in person at the Royal Mint?  I’m wwhether I could buy £100 legal tender coins for £80 on eBay and then use them to buy sovereigns - It would say a lot of they don’t accept their own coins as legal tender 😂😂😂

Its certainly getting harder to buy anything without the nosy Authorities knowing.  Thats why i always take cash back at the tills. 

On 21/09/2018 at 11:31, Bullionstu said:

I use Plus Gold in the jewellery quarter. Pay near spot for scrap and their sovereigns are MUCH cheaper than bullion by post, though they usually only have half a dozen in stock.

IMO they are expensive   

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought id update this feed. I went into Bullion Store and picked up 2x2014 Brits and 1x2017 Brit. Bit of a faff at first because although i called ahead the manager wasnt there when i got there and staff don’t t have access to the bullion apparently! Anyway half hour later they phoned me so i popped back in, picked up the above, only details needed were for a hand written receipt. Very pleased and will be going back very soon for more!

Also found another place called Gold Exchange. Quite a small set up but sounds like i could get lucky there one day if someone has been in and cashed in some nice pieces!

Thanks again to everyone for their input!

• 2 weeks later...

What if you've bought silver or gold from eBay in many purchases over time (as I have done with my stash of pre-1920 coins), this is 'untraceable' in practise?

Also, I know of drug dealers pay in a holdall full of fivers, who've spun a yarn about car boot sales. The bank just accepts it without further ado!

Archived