• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Pouring - Heart Shapes

PhilipInNH

Hi Everyone,

Inspired by @BackyardBullion, I decided to try pouring my own silver.  The main motivation was to create a nice wedding gift for my brother and his fiancee.  It has turned into me wanting to pour a lot of different kinds of bars because I got a ton of silver shot for spot price :).  I poured these three one ounce heart shapes.  I used a handheld crucible and torch to melt the metal, and had a one-ounce heart shaped mold.  Some of the flux I used poured with them, but I put them in a pickle bath of vinegar and salt in a crock pot which ate that away.  Then, I gave them a polish.  

The stamped piece is for my brother.  

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK! I'm interested in hearing how I can improve.  I already bought a furnace which will make the rippling an easier feature to acquire.     

20180823_170857.jpg

20180823_181221.jpg

20180823_181229.jpg

20180823_181237.jpg

Why is that heart dated 9.15.18?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

23 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

mm/dd/yy in the States

dd/mm/yy in the UK

You Americans and your weird dates (just kidding) :D

and their weird distance measurements and temperature measurement, speed measurement, weight measurement ...... ;)

As a master carpenter I am glad we never adopted the whole metric system. Inches, feet, MPH, pounds and ounces are just ingrained in our society. IMO, the standard system is much easier to work with. If I was on a job and the guy shouted out, "cut me a board at 5181.6544444 millimeters" I would probably just fall off the roof. I would rather hear "17 feet, leave the line"....

I prefer a semi-metric system. A hybrid if you like. 

Speed in mph

Weighing things in g/kg, apart from people who you should weigh in stones.  

Long distances in miles

Short distances in meters

Things like furniture in cm

People in feet

And your todger in inches obvs...

1 hour ago, Bullionaire said:

Speed in mph

Long distances in miles

People in feet

haahha, best combination of retard units and the metric system ever 😂 But I must admit, saying things like feet and stone does give it a nostalgic twist. We had the same systems until those pesky French decided they had an admiration for the Dutch country site.

@PhilipInNH The hearts are lovely, nice job indeed!

1 hour ago, Bullionaire said:

Speed in mph

Long distances in miles

People in feet

Is that so you can get away with rounding up?..................

Archived