• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GSR and other ratios

vand

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

ERGO 50% RIGHT TOO! 😉

maybe conspiracy theorists should state that they have

coins toss odds in faith that their conspiracy theories are

actually true. pushing their theories with such conviction

does not change their underlying faith in it being true.

HH

1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

that makes your conspiracy theories 50% wrong

1 hour ago, 5huggy said:

ERGO 50% RIGHT TOO! 😉

what mathematics principle dont YOU get  = 50/50 - you in your own words stated 50% wrong ergo 50% right !

Added 0 minutes later...

1/2 full or half empty =same

2 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Really, as much as I would like to think I am, I’m not clever enough to predict the exact date of a financial crisis, along with 99.999% of the rest of the global population.

Good luck to those of who you are.

@Wonger the man 😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 hours ago, zhoutonged said:

Miles off. I’m about 50/50 cash and pms so plenty of dry powder. That’s after today’s dabble so dont pretend you know other people’s positions. Stocks Zero not even miners. I fully expected pms to slip, if you listened to or read other people’s posts you might learn something m8

I'm on 80-20...and my 80 in the market is safe conservative which has dropped about 10% from the high where the rest of the market is down 30% and my gold is down 12% but sold my tradable silver at $18.60...and turned it into gold and diamond jewelry so I'm feeling safer even though jewelers are closing down but thankfully my stash just got sdb'd so it's now finding the right time to,convert my gold tosilver..if silver crosses under $10 then I'm going to be running to the sdb to trade aaay the gold by weight to silver...I don't mind having little gold and a few thousand ounces of silver for the better times.

36 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

does anyone hold the view GSR of 115 and GPtR of 2 can hold for more than 12 months?

No
According to Andrew Maguire, the last Friday of February saw 5 years of silver mined output sold on the market in one day.
i saw a member (sorry can't remember who) say that today over 5 billion ounces of silver were sold in 1 minute - this would have to be at market.
i saw the silver price down over 20% at one point when commodity metals were 3 - 4% down.
If ever you needed proof silver was subject to orchestrated manipulation there it is. Silver is not viewed as a commodity by the elite or it would behave like the other commodity metals - paper silver would not be smashed as we have witnessed in response to financial news as it did unless the elite view it as money and a rival to the USD. 
The evidence is there to see. i rang a friend this afternoon - he said he was busy - he was buying some silver but was struggling - he isn't even a stacker or collector. There is no linkage between paper and physical markets now - the veil has been lifted. The truth is out now. 
Silver was a buy but now it is a massive steal at the spot prices but you will struggle to get much if any at those prices and so the spot price becomes irrelevant. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

23 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

incorrect. you still choose to ignore platinum.

i didn't choose to ignore platinum - it was an oversight of mine - my defence - the exception does not prove the rule. 
i looked at the commodity base metals on my spread betting platform - i scanned down the list - they were showing 3 - 4% losses at a time when silver was around 20% down. As the list was commodity base metals, platinum and palladium didn't appear.

So it is interesting that silver. platinum and palladium were hammered - the later 2 got knocked down about 22% at one point. The elite seem to see these as something different to base industrial metals.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

29 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i didn't choose to ignore platinum - it was an oversight of mine - my defence - the exception does not prove the rule. 
i looked at the commodity base metals on my spread betting platform - i scanned down the list - they were showing 3 - 4% losses at a time when silver was around 20% down. As the list was commodity base metals, platinum and palladium didn't appear.

So it is interesting that silver. platinum and palladium were hammered - the later 2 got knocked down about 22% at one point. The elite seem to see these as something different to base industrial metals.

That's as maybe but I pointed it out to you earlier today when you first made your point. You either didn't see it or you chose to ignore it😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

That's as maybe but I pointed it out to you earlier today when you first made your point. You either didn't see it or you chose to ignore it😉

i was juggling a few things - i will have missed it - i didn't and wouldn't ignore sovereignsteve.

6 minutes ago, goldking said:

:blink:

Take my advice : keep the sovereign. 

Hey I noticed your interest in the group order. Is gold competitive from the EU mint. Not looked into it just assumed not as there is no vat anyway.

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

6 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

Hey I noticed your interest in the group order. Is gold competitive from the EU mint. Not looked into it just assumed not as there is no vat anyway.

Nah.  Funny you should ask actually, as I was looking at the gold prices from them just a few days ago when I was pricing up a silver purchase for a relative.  I only looked at EM so can't speak for the other continental vendors, but EM were more expensive to buy gold from than the UK dealers.  This makes sense when you think about it because there's no VAT on gold over here.  I guess if there was no VAT on silver over here then all the silver folks would be buying from UK dealers too instead of the other end of Europe.

4 minutes ago, goldking said:

Nah.  Funny you should ask actually, as I was looking at the gold prices from them just a few days ago when I was pricing up a silver purchase for a relative.  I only looked at EM so can't speak for the other continental vendors, but EM were more expensive to buy gold from than the UK dealers.  This makes sense when you think about it because there's no VAT on gold over here.  I guess if there was no VAT on silver over here then all the silver folks would be buying from UK dealers too instead of the other end of Europe.

I'm leaning toward gold purchases for the future, bought silver as more affordable for me. But starting to regret not transitioning earlier. 

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

2 hours ago, Troy77 said:

I'm leaning toward gold purchases for the future, bought silver as more affordable for me. But starting to regret not transitioning earlier. 

I haven't bought gold in forever, but I'd be more interested in it if I were in the UK.  Hopefully your independence from the EU will bring some reforms in your tax system that make silver a more reasonable choice there.

• 3 months later...

How old is the current cyclical precious metals bull market?

If you are looking at price in USD or GBP then most would say it began when gold bottomed in late 2015.

However if you are looking at gold priced against stocks, then this bull market only began in Aug 2018 when the Dow/Gold peaked at 22. 

By this measure we are still very much in the infancy and have a long long ways to go!

Archived