• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GSR and other ratios

vand

11 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Almost at 92 guys

I'm here if you want to flog me some of your sovs for a good price Steve so you can buy silver and cash in when ;) the price goes to the moon.  Just say the word. :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, goldking said:

I'm here if you want to flog me some of your sovs for a good price Steve so you can buy silver and cash in when ;) the price goes to the moon.  Just say the word. :lol:

sorry, i already have my stash of silver just in case😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 2 weeks later...

This overshooting GSR ratio is signalling something worse than a simple recession down the line. 

Be careful. Silver dropped to an all time low (yearly average) of $.25 cents per ounce in 1932. This is in comparison to $1.29 per ounce yearly average for decades before this. Source kitco spot silver charts 1792-1999.

https://www.kitco.com/charts/historicalgold.html

17 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

dropped back a bit now. I have been wondering if 100 would act as psycological resistance.

I think that's the only thing that's stopping it from going that high, once 100:1 is acheived as in becomes the yearly average/norm and not just an odd blimp now and again that last a few hours to a day or two, I can honestly see silver becoming relegated to copper and brass status, as I type this it's 98:1, and to be honest I'm seriously considering hauling almost my entire stack of silver, everything except the proofs, or even everything except my first year proofs - 1986 American silver eagle proof, 1997 silver Britannia proof..., and swapping it for gold, even if it means me swapping 105 to 110 ounces of silver for 1 ounce of gold, even if the GSR remain 98:1, or drops to 90-95:1.  The more and more I read up on silver the less and less I am convinced that you can make money off of it other than via highly sought after collector coins, or that it can be used as a way to preserve wealth, or as a hedge against inflation, and as as way to speculate.

There are plenty of people who are fed up with silver - some nursing losses for several years.
This is a Andrew's fork on a daily chart - i plotted it quite a long time ago now. i have posted it elsewhere on the forum, it is an interesting chart. Price hit the medianline - it went through but pulled back so there is only a wick pointing through. Now price generally zooms through the line at a rate of knots, it bounces off or it sort of bobbles along, in this case gradually getting higher. 
it could do any of those right now - but if you were to plump for one it would be it will bounce off and move away - that doesn't necessarily mean a lot - we would still be looking at the high 80's for the ratio.

download (3).png

download (4).png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, sixgun said:

There are plenty of people who are fed up with silver - some nursing losses for several years.
This is a Andrew's fork on a daily chart - i plotted it quite a long time ago now. i have posted it elsewhere on the forum, it is an interesting chart. Price hit the medianline - it went through but pulled back so there is only a wick pointing through. Now price generally zooms through the line at a rate of knots, it bounces off or it sort of bobbles along, in this case gradually getting higher. 
it could do any of those right now - but if you were to plump for one it would be it will bounce off and move away - that doesn't necessarily mean a lot - we would still be looking at the high 80's for the ratio.

download (3).png

download (4).png

I actually haven't lost a single penny with silver, over 99% of the silver I have was found, I've only bought around 6 kilos of it to date and all of it was bought this year, one reason for me seriously considering swapping my silver for gold is the tax advantages, ignoring the U.K.'s 20% VAT on silver, - I didn't pay VAT on the silver that I've bought as I've bought it as a company to be used to produce a product, gold just has so mush more advantages all over the world compared to silver with taxes, in the U.K. it's only gold legal tender that is CGT exempt, in America all precious metals have CGT, but in Australia where I'm from and where my daughter and her mother are based gold doesn't have CGT - as long as it meets ''investment grade'' for gold that means 99.5% purity, and that's the same for all of the counries that I have ties to, as long as the precious metal is deemed as ''investment grade'' you don't pay any CGT on it no matter where it's from or whether it's in bars or coins.  And for somebody who moves between countries and travels between and to counries for work as often as I do - I don't know if I will still be based in the U.K. next year I might be based in America, I have to consider and take advantage of tax advantages.

9 minutes ago, goldking said:

GSR just broken another record at 100.63 : 1

I trust all the silver fans are backing up their trucks ?

Maybe not at the moment.
Silver has been cheaper so maybe the problem is that gold might just be overpriced and ready for a crash.
Personally i am staying well clear of gold at these prices much preferring Platinum which is almost half price yet this metal in theory should be higher than gold.
Don't need a truck for Platinum though just a small vehicle and no trailer required.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe not at the moment.
Silver has been cheaper so maybe the problem is that gold might just be overpriced and ready for a crash.
Personally i am staying well clear of gold at these prices much preferring Platinum which is almost half price yet this metal in theory should be higher than gold.
Don't need a truck for Platinum though just a small vehicle and no trailer required.

Gold is holding on extremely well given the historical turmoil currently affecting all the markets.

4 minutes ago, goldking said:

Gold is holding on extremely well given the historical turmoil currently affecting all the markets.

That's the problem and no-one can predict what's next.
Just seen the global stock markets collapse 20-30% and who would have predicted that a few weeks ago.
Maybe when things return to normal there will be a surge in institutions seeing markets cheap so will dump gold.
Who knows ?

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's the problem and no-one can predict what's next.
Just seen the global stock markets collapse 20-30% and who would have predicted that a few weeks ago.
Maybe when things return to normal there will be a surge in institutions seeing markets cheap so will dump gold.
Who knows ?

It's certainly crazy times Pete!  People are dumping everything they've got in the markets to get their cash out before the whole lot implodes.

5 minutes ago, goldking said:

It's certainly crazy times Pete!  People are dumping everything they've got in the markets to get their cash out before the whole lot implodes.

I'm too late so will have to sit tight.
Honestly believe that markets are spooked by media hype.
Also you can make instant trades these days so the dealers are loving it as they earn on the down and up swings so high volatility is how they earn big bonuses whilst the real investors loose their shirts.
It's not the end of the world and folks that I talk to reckon CV-19 is just like another flu.
We don't hear about the annual death toll from annual flu which possibly is historically higher than those who have died ( so far ) from CV-19.
The media tends not to report the ages of those who died and what condition they were in before contracting this virus.
Just back from Sainsburys and there is no pasta on the shelves - why panic buy ?

6 minutes ago, goldking said:

103:1 now. :mellow:;

It had dropped down again to 98.35:1 a few hours after you posted that it went up to 101:1 last night, and now it's back up agian, if it stays above 100:1 or stays at 100:1 for the next month or two, I'll swap all my silver except for the proofs for gold britannias

32 minutes ago, Seth said:

It had dropped down again to 98.35:1 a few hours after you posted that it went up to 101:1 last night, and now it's back up agian, if it stays above 100:1 or stays at 100:1 for the next month or two, I'll swap all my silver except for the proofs for gold britannias

Shouldn't you be doing that the other way round?  If silver is so "cheap" and "undervalued" like people say then you'd be selling your gold to load up your truck with silver, non?

104.5 : 1 now.

1 hour ago, goldking said:

Shouldn't you be doing that the other way round?  If silver is so "cheap" and "undervalued" like people say then you'd be selling your gold to load up your truck with silver, non?

I completely agree with goldking, buy when / what stuff is cheap, sell when it is dear, not the other way round.

I also notice "technical analysts", who produce an impressive looking chart, then say things like if silver goes up another few pounds/dollars, I will start buying it; I hope I never start to understand the thinking behind it, unless it is that the lemmings have started the stampede, join in quick before it's too late. If this is the case, then possibly the smarter ones get out of the stampede before they all go over the proverbial cliff edge, but hey, why not just get in before the stampede starts.

I like gold, correction love gold, but right now I would rather buy silver.

Obviously in the UK, VAT negates this for retail or non-VAT registered buyers.

Chards

1 hour ago, goldking said:

I don't have anywhere near the faith in silver that a lot of the members here do, and since 99% of the silver including the proofs I have I found while walking the dog, and I've only actually bought and psaid for roughly 6 kilos, I'd rather have something that I have more faith in and have never lost money on since I started buying it.  Besides gold takes up half of the space the same weight in silver would take up.

19 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I completely agree with goldking, buy when / what stuff is cheap, sell when it is dear, not the other way round.

I also notice "technical analysts", who produce an impressive looking chart, then say things like if silver goes up another few pounds/dollars, I will start buying it; I hope I never start to understand the thinking behind it, unless it is that the lemmings have started the stampede, join in quick before it's too late. If this is the case, then possibly the smarter ones get out of the stampede before they all go over the proverbial cliff edge, but hey, why not just get in before the stampede starts.

I like gold, correction love gold, but right now I would rather buy silver.

Obviously in the UK, VAT negates this for retail or non-VAT registered buyers.

I've not paid any VAT o n any of the silver I've bought.

Archived