• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GSR and other ratios

vand

It looks like the current rally in PMs isn't ready to reverse yet. Gold has every chance to hit $1550-$1580 in the next few weeks before rGold (ie vs 200dma) gets stretched to levels where it has significantly corrected in the past, but this would also probably see another couple of dollars onto the price of silver.  GDX would almost certainly take out the 2016 baby bull high around 31.8.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2019 at 12:35, vand said:

It looks like the current rally in PMs isn't ready to reverse yet. Gold has every chance to hit $1550-$1580 in the next few weeks before rGold (ie vs 200dma) gets stretched to levels where it has significantly corrected in the past, but this would also probably see another couple of dollars onto the price of silver.  GDX would almost certainly take out the 2016 baby bull high around 31.8.

Gold breaches $1,550 mark for first time in over 6 years on trade jitters

from here - - - >>>>   https://www.Gold breaches $1,550 mark for first time in over 6 years on trade jittersreuters.com/article/global-precious/precious-gold-breaches-1550-mark-for-first-time-in-over-6-years-on-trade-jitters-idUSL3N25M2HD

The GSR is heading back into the 70s, then the 60s, and then into the 50s and the 40s within the course of this bull market.

That's why I've stacked so much of the stuff as compared to gold in the last 3.5 years.

Vault me on this.

3 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

This is why it makes sense to own gold andsilver...swings can mean trading profits both ways...I can't see gold going to $3000 but I can see silver going to $30 plus.

A x5 revaluation is roughly the batting average for a gold bull market, so Gold should quite easily take out $3000. Maybe not in the next couple of years but definitely within timeframe of a cyclical bull market. 

1 hour ago, vand said:

A x5 revaluation is roughly the batting average for a gold bull market, so Gold should quite easily take out $3000. Maybe not in the next couple of years but definitely within timeframe of a cyclical bull market. 

I hold jewelry for that trade times, just sell to buy, right now my jewelry stash is about $10k and growing as the bull runs but silver is catching up in the gsr so it's becoming a point where I need to pull the trigger and get out of the tradable and grab a monster box or two...my stash of silver is only about 500 but most of that is premium collecting silver, only 200 trade away...still no generics though, all brits and eagles...thankfully I'm jn an enviable position that both my investments are growing...lol.

Breaking below 81.87 will confirm the current relatively strength of silver price relative to gold price continues given an estimate period till 6th September 2019 (Happy observance)

Previously breaking below 86.5 indicates silver price has started to move.

I like to look at moving averages. Silver showing impressive strength, and GSR firmly holding well below the 200dma, currently 83.08:

http://schrts.co/imtwTunA

If anyone is interested, just to confirm my total indifference between silver and gold my model that told me to Swap at GSR > 91 now says:

Swap Silver -> Gold   58.39
Buy Gold Only   66.31
Buy Silver Only   83.59
Swap Gold -> Silver   91.50

Between GSR 66.31 and GSR 83 you should buy a both metals, but primarily gold as this has the history of long term outperformance. So we may already be at the point where my next PM purchase will be gold rather than silver. 

5 hours ago, Au79 said:

Breaking below 81.87 will confirm the current relatively strength of silver price relative to gold price continues given an estimate period till 6th September 2019 (Happy observance)

Previously breaking below 86.5 indicates silver price has started to move.

The projected move down base on technical analysis application will target and range around 80.6 by end of September

12 hours ago, vand said:

I like to look at moving averages. Silver showing impressive strength, and GSR firmly holding well below the 200dma, currently 83.08:

http://schrts.co/imtwTunA

If anyone is interested, just to confirm my total indifference between silver and gold my model that told me to Swap at GSR > 91 now says:

Swap Silver -> Gold   58.39
Buy Gold Only   66.31
Buy Silver Only   83.59
Swap Gold -> Silver   91.50

Between GSR 66.31 and GSR 83 you should buy a both metals, but primarily gold as this has the history of long term outperformance. So we may already be at the point where my next PM purchase will be gold rather than silver. 

Are those numbers calculated to find the likely highest return according to your model or a certain expected percentage return? Thanks

On 30/08/2019 at 23:56, mdp2505 said:

Are those numbers calculated to find the likely highest return according to your model or a certain expected percentage return? Thanks

To maximize long term returns.

Here is the model in graphical representation:

You can see the clear swap signals whenever the price pokes outside of the upper or lower red band:
Capture.png

Wow. Fallen to 80.3 now.

Silver never ceases to surprise when it starts to motor. The moves are absolutely explosive.

For all those who doubted silver, for all those who said silver was just an industrial metal, for all those who says the GSR is useless:

51 minutes ago, vand said:

For all those who doubted silver, for all those who said silver was just an industrial metal, for all those who says the GSR is useless:

yes but I was saying that when the GSR was less than 80😂

so it's just back down there then, hardly proves that it isn't mainly an industrial metal or that the GSR isn't useless.

It goes up, it goes down, whatever.

people who have strong fixed views are always looking for evidence to support their theories while ignoring contrary evidence.

and gloating at nothing special isn't really becoming.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

38 minutes ago, vand said:

Wow. Fallen to 80.3 now.

Silver never ceases to surprise when it starts to motor. The moves are absolutely explosive.

You know much of the recent rise is tariffs and weakening currency...it's still good that they are acting as hedges but is it from people buying in record amounts?....not really, there is no problem finding gold or silver to buy so it's not demand causing the rise...that would be a nice way to make money but even better should we want to sell have the demand so much that we would have an easy exit...but  a rise is a rise.

Archived