• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

20 Franc Coins Of The LMU

@Hannibal

Hi,

Having checked..it looks like I paid double spot for the 1927 20 Franga, and more for the lower grade 1926 (I overpaid maybe for this coin). On the plus side, I only paid 20% above spot for my 1888, and that is looking like a great pick up:-

0CD76C27-2E3D-4517-B367-82CD53DDC0CC.thumb.jpeg.8bb6ae71eb162b0d461a9eeac2938bbd.jpeg

I do not own a 20 Perpera. I’m only collecting Peruvian Una Libras currently.

Edited by Kookaburracollector

2 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Maybe of interest to @Gildeon

I have the 20 Drachmas, will be going for the larger 50 Drachmas at a point (when I stop buying smaller stuff all the time! 😅 )

@SVcollector 68 Is a very good grade for the 20D! 👌

Instagram: gildeon_67

2 hours ago, whuamai said:

The 20 Perpera does not have LMU specs.

There are a fewtypes which are alot rarer than the 20 Franga albania.

Yes, you're right.
My mistake. The 20 Perpera doesn't have LMU specs after all.

When you're saying a few types are a lot rarer, do you mean types of mainstream ones (e.g. swiss, french), or do you mean types from different countries all together? In case of the latter, can you mention a couple of examples?

12 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Yes, you're right.
My mistake. The 20 Perpera doesn't have LMU specs after all.

When you're saying a few types are a lot rarer, do you mean types of mainstream ones (e.g. swiss, french), or do you mean types from different countries all together? In case of the latter, can you mention a couple of examples?

There is a full list available depends on your criterias. The best is to use numista and the detailed search tool inside . I personally collect only LMU from 1865-1927 period and only circulated coins. This already gives you access to around 40 coins , some of them extremely expansive and rares and some of them close to spot.

9 hours ago, manolitolondres said:

Hi, I was looking to buy Napoleon and Louis d'or and found this website. Any of you already ordered there? It's from france, so I was wondering if there are taxes to pay when delivered in UK?

Thanks

https://www.silvergoldtobuy.com/gold/98/semi-numismatics

If you ask also about their reputation, the dealers behind this site, Godot & Fils, are quite well known, as far as I can tell. I even have a coin ordered from them last week that is currently on its way to me, although that was through another sales channel, not this exact website. And I am in the EU so no worries about taxes for me.

Did you check also other dealers? Seems that e.g. @coininvest also have 20 francs in stock for fair prices. Maybe they can share some of their experience with delivering gold to the UK if you are interested.

Whaoooooooo ...

What a fantastic resource about LMU and 20 Francs ....

Certainly one of the more complete of the web : Congratulations guys : I'm very impressed...

I 'm not a collector just  " a Stacker with an aesthetic approach :)..."  So i have this common passion with you ...

I'm trying to have regular acquisition so I will be happy to find and follow with you the coming opportunities.

By the way i'm living in Birmingham but i'm French, so please feel free to ask me if you have any type off language issue in a book or with a seller or other type of thing i will be hay to help .

Jeff 

4 hours ago, Thebrumie said:

Whaoooooooo ...

What a fantastic resource about LMU and 20 Francs ....

Certainly one of the more complete of the web : Congratulations guys : I'm very impressed...

I 'm not a collector just  " a Stacker with an aesthetic approach :)..."  So i have this common passion with you ...

I'm trying to have regular acquisition so I will be happy to find and follow with you the coming opportunities.

By the way i'm living in Birmingham but i'm French, so please feel free to ask me if you have any type off language issue in a book or with a seller or other type of thing i will be hay to help .

Jeff 

Love the way you're putting it and I'm "stealing" it if I may! 😉😄
Only a French could put it in such an...elegant way. 🙂

52 minutes ago, MrTT said:

It's high, but that's not the real market price. Numi shops often offer coins for unreasonably high prices. If they find an uninformed or impatient or just too rich customer who accepts that price, great, if not, they can always sell at the real market price later on. It's the same like some crazy eBay offers you see all the time.