• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1913-C gold sovereign

SVcollector

2 hours ago, Cacc said:

There is a weekly Canadian coin news magazine, simply called Canadian Coin News, that publishes the current trends for every Canadian coin instead of just the "market value". This is what they are saying about the Canadian Sovereign coins in Canadian dollars. According to the latest, in AU58 it is trending at about $32,000 CAD -- just above 20,000 Euro as @SVcollector said.

Sovereign.jpg.868c7249636cfd1000357601d21ac5eb.jpg

I just realised I didn’t post the link yesterday. This is an ms63

https://coins.ha.com/itm/canada/world-coins/canada-george-v-gold-sovereign-1916-c-ms63-pcgs-/a/3054-30476.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-071515&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417

and ms64

https://coins.ha.com/itm/canada/world-coins/canada-george-v-gold-sovereign-1916-c-ms64-ngc-/a/3040-29487.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

On 28/04/2018 at 16:35, Elements said:

“This items owner is proactively entertaining offers”

What do you think it’s worth? CAD $60k?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 28/04/2018 at 17:32, SVcollector said:

Hello Steve

i think 1916 in ms condition worth around 20.000 euro.

fair price.

i own 1913-c , 1910-c 1919-c in 64 pcgs and trying to collect them in gem condition.

Some big gaps need filling! some upgrades on the agenda too!

971DE365-8AC0-4ECE-A7FA-E0E1394118E6.jpeg

That MS64 1913C is really a great coin. I was able to content myself with a "63" which is not quite as nice. The 1914 C seems to be out there in 63/4 grade and it does seem the 1909C is underrated in like condition.

6 minutes ago, DaKine said:

That MS64 1913C is really a great coin. I was able to content myself with a "63" which is not quite as nice. The 1914 C seems to be out there in 63/4 grade and it does seem the 1909C is underrated in like condition.

Yeah you’re right. The 1909 have a mere 16 coins in better than ms62 condition in the ngc and pcgs pop report.

• 1 year later...

Great topic and great replies  ... Of the 6 Colonial Mints I think the Canadian Sovereigns are well worth collecting. Many of these sovereigns were produced from gold mined in the Klondike. The tales of the Klondike Gold Rush are quite enthralling ..

In August 1896 Skookum Jim Mason, Dawson Charlie and George Washington Carmack found gold in a tributary of the Klondike River in Canada’s Yukon Territory. A certain Fredrick Trump made his fortune in the Klondike Gold Rush which no doubt has benefited his direct descendent the current President of the USA!

But I digress ... whilst I have collected some PCGS Ottawa Minted Sovereigns of George V the PCGS set registry also includes the Edward VII 1909-C and 1910-C. I know nothing about these coins and whether or not they are collectible and if so, how much should I think about paying for these coins in say MS 63 or MS 64 grade?

If anyone is interested my ‘efforts’ to date in collecting George V Ottawa Sovereigns can be found in the PCGS registry under Guineapig.

i just love the Christian name Skookum! 

Best wishes

’G’

Archived