• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Received from a local auction house today. This 1931 hallmarked 22ct band made by Albion Chain Co of the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham between the wars.

I find buying the odd 22ct or 18ct gold ring is a great way to ‘stack’ or collect gold. Especially the antique ones which the 22ct ones mostly are.

But there’s something about these old gold rings that’s makes me wonder, who they belonged to? Who treasured it? The symbol of love it once meant to someone? All of which of course I’ll never know. But at a little % over spot after auction fees they’re a great buy. They have that ‘yellow’ looking, presumably mixed with silver look.

Whilst I own this and the others I have they’ll never meet the melting pot.

At a fraction over 6 grams. I like this.

(excused the bad photos).

26AC5C36-AE7C-41BF-B790-C0E9876D9A74.jpeg

1C19AE0E-7C14-49E4-9859-24DC5C3BE5C6.png

And you can get for spot or less...sell for slightly over and your sweet...if they don't sell,gold goes up a couple of percent you can melt at 95% melt and still make money.

9 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

And you can get for spot or less...sell for slightly over and your sweet...if they don't sell,gold goes up a couple of percent you can melt at 95% melt and still make money.

Yes you are right.

I don’t so much see these as a ‘melt’ option.

I see them more as a store of wealth that if I sell one day somebody else might melt, granted.

But personally I never would melt them.

Edited by Foster88

11 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Received from a local auction house today. This 1931 hallmarked 22ct band made by Albion Chain Co of the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham between the wars.

I find buying the odd 22ct or 18ct gold ring is a great way to ‘stack’ or collect gold. Especially the antique ones which the 22ct ones mostly are.

But there’s something about these old gold rings that’s makes me wonder, who they belonged to? Who treasured it? The symbol of love it once meant to someone? All of which of course I’ll never know. But at a little % over spot after auction fees they’re a great buy. They have that ‘yellow’ looking, presumably mixed with silver look.

Whilst I own this and the others I have they’ll never meet the melting pot.

At a fraction over 6 grams. I like this.

(excused the bad photos).

26AC5C36-AE7C-41BF-B790-C0E9876D9A74.jpeg

1C19AE0E-7C14-49E4-9859-24DC5C3BE5C6.png

My precious 

10 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Yes you are right.

I don’t so much see these as a ‘melt’ option.

I see them more as a store of wealth that if I sell one day somebody else might melt, granted.

But personally I never would melt them.

I've done both, kept to sell and melted, have a connection with 95% of spot for the worn out and a jeweler for the good pieces but stored the good stuff during covid as the shops were empty or closed..will have to beak them out, maybe $20k in good stuff waiting to sell.

33 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

thanks!
Suits the MS69 NGC kilo 😉 next week the MS70 ox arrives

5BA8D707-3B42-4F14-BC5E-55AF6621180C.jpeg

Got to see the ngc holder for that lunar set..lol.

On 22/05/2021 at 00:20, StackSellRepeat said:

Have you been vaccinated ? 🤪😜😂

CCAA4CA3-1461-4CFD-ADA8-F250DB825FA9.jpeg

1C7A877E-DBD1-4C37-B5A5-147C4E501C73.jpeg

98520B82-8B20-41B3-9CF4-64A1E9473065.jpeg

4C335EDE-3BA9-4BBB-8542-BECEE4BD5E2C.jpeg

How would some of the more senior silver apes on the Silver Forum respond to this one? I have to follow their examples if I am to obtain their wisdom, maturity and self discipine...

Wait... I know!

How Much Are You Willing to Pay to Get a Fresh Start in Life?

Monkey see; monkey do?

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.